CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Do four night cruises have the past guest party? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/331273-do-four-night-cruises-have-past-guest-party.html)

IzaCruiseJunky April 6th, 2007 11:35 AM

Do four night cruises have the past guest party?

My next cruise is a 4 night cruise and I was wondering if they still hold a past guest party, and or the captains party. :oops: Have to admit I go to them for the free cocktails LOL If it is free it is for me!!
Do they still have a midnight buffet

Luanne Russo April 6th, 2007 01:53 PM

Sadly they don't usually have these types of parties on a four day. If you are collecting ship pins, go to the purser's desk to see if you could get one for that ship anyway.

ready2gonow April 6th, 2007 01:57 PM

On our last 4-night cruise, they did have the captains reception, on the 1 formal night, but did not have the reception for past-guests. :( I confess, I go for the free drinks, too! LOL

Seems like there was one late night buffet, but old-timers prevents me from recalling the specifics. LOL But I do recall, it was all good!!!

sailgirl April 6th, 2007 03:13 PM

How about on a 6 night cruise. We are going on the Liberty this summer. With 3 kids (2 in college this year) we try never to miss a freebie. LOL

Chris M April 6th, 2007 10:47 PM

They do have the Captain's Cocktail party on a 4-day and 6-day, however, they do not have the Past Passenger party on the 4 day. I am not sure if they have the past guest party on the 6 day. Free drinks, yeah!

mehawk April 7th, 2007 01:38 AM

None on the 4 day affair

kingoftheicedragons April 7th, 2007 07:24 AM

Wait.....drinks are free at the captain's reception? Our waitress made sure we knew about the captain's reception on our first cruise, but maybe it was the language barrier or something, but I must have missed out on the part about the free drinks.

mehawk April 7th, 2007 07:53 AM

Yes, the Captain's reception features free drinks and food. It is usually held in the show lounge or theatre

Rirruto April 7th, 2007 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingoftheicedragons
Wait.....drinks are free at the captain's reception? Our waitress made sure we knew about the captain's reception on our first cruise, but maybe it was the language barrier or something, but I must have missed out on the part about the free drinks.

Waitresses walk around with random drinks but I've heard if you go to the bar of the theater you are at, the bartender will make anything you want for free.

IzaCruiseJunky April 7th, 2007 09:53 AM

Bummer no past guest party

Wow what a bummer that there is no past guest party on a four night cruise. I can suck down at least 7 whiskey sours at one of those parties. Oh well I guess I will just have to make up for it at the Captains cocktail party 14 whikey sours in 45 min. I think I can do it :twisted: :evil:

jleq April 7th, 2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris M
I am not sure if they have the past guest party on the 6 day. Free drinks, yeah!

Past Guest Party on all cruises of five or more nights