Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Passenger

Default beach excursions in either belize or costa maya

Hi...
i was just wondering if anyone has done the beach excursions in either belize or costa maya?? i will be on the glory in 3 1/2 weeks and want to spend at least one day at the beach but not sure which one???
cindy
Old April 9th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

Cindy,
I have not been to Belieze (yet) but at Costa Maya there is a nice beach about 4 or 5 miles south of the port... It was great..
We sail on the Glory in 12 days doing the Western as you will be... We sailed the glory a few years back and loved it..
Have fun!
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old April 9th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Passenger

Lou
thanks so much for the tip....i have been to belize on a previous cruise but didnt go further than where the tender dropped us off and i regretted it...and i have never been to costa maya....i saw in the list of excursions that both ports offer beach excursions..not sure if i want to take a taxi or do one that includes lunch and extras......
thanks again
cindyp
Old April 9th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Admiral

Since the beach is not very available in Belize, I would recommend doing an excursion there.

In Costa Maya, the road that leads to the small village of Mijahual follows the coastline. There are numerous beaches along the way to choose from. There is one all inclusive (can't recall the name -- someone else will have to fill in this blank). I have read good things about it, though.

We rented a golf cart and searched out our beach. Taxis are also available. We went all the way through the village until the jungle began and then came back toward town. We stopped at the first beach we came to, furtherest from the ship. It was right across from the local school and a small hotel (they allowed us to use their facilities). It was absolutely wonderful!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old April 9th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

ready2gonow,
Did you rent the golf carts at the port? I was there 17 months ago and don't remember seeing them.. But I am accussed of not seeing alot! (by the DW)
Do you remember the cost?
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old April 10th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Admiral

In Belize, we just did shopping on the pier, in Costa Maya, we did the ruins.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 10th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Beginner

I just returned from Carnival Miracle. Belize is on a coral reef, and the only beach is a man made pond which allows salt water to get in. Cost about $15.00 round trip and is only for the very adventures. About 20 miles away. All poverty type area, not at all like Costa Maya. I wouldn't recomend leaving the area where the tenders bring you. There are bars and gates around that section for a reason.