Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2007, 04:24 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Another idea . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee77
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
I definitely suffer from O.C.D. (obsessive Compulsive Disorder).

Therefore, after I give my bags to the porter, I tend to stand around and wait and see my luggage loaded onto either the ship or at the very least the giant bins where they put the luggage. Once it is in the bin and I see the bin moving toward the ship, then I can proceed to check in.

Plus I tend to get to the ship relatively early (b4 2:00) and therefore, it is easy to watch your luggage b/c the crowd of luggage is not too bad.

Did the OP mention what time they got to the ship? Perhaps, they were some of the last to board and therein lies the confusion.

While I am sure it may have happened, I have never seen two ships loading passengers or luggage close enough together to cause this confusion. The only thing I can reason is that their luggage may have be the last few pieces to get on the ship and there was some sort of miscommunication and the loader took it to the wrong ship.
I have never seen two ships loading passengers or luggage close to each other. Who knows what really happened, the OP should just move on and should have made the best out of a bad situation. A Carnival Cruise must not be for them, hopefully they can find other things to do for their vacation. My DH & I just loved our cruise vacation. We have one planned for July on the Legend. Can't wait to sail away...
Aimee

Carnival Legend 07-07
Carnival Sensation 07-06
The Big Red Boat 01-96
Probably didn't tip the long shoreman.

Brian

Sensation
Old April 18th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Passenger

8) You just never know what really happened...

Carnival Legend 07-07
Carnival Sensation 07-06
The Big Red Boat 01-96
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:51 AM
First Mate

Even the possibility of miss-directed luggage brings up the point about being prepared.

I travel a lot so when checking bags, I also have a carry on with at least 1 day of essentials, all valuables, and anything unique needed. On our cruises we carry on a change of casual cloths, shorts, swim suit and a couple of changes of underwear. That's not very far off from what the cruise lines recommend anyway since you luggage may not be delivered before dinner.

In 25 years of flying and 4 cruises I’ve had one bag delayed (caused by changing flights at the airport due to weather) and never lost a bag.

I wouldn’t want to live out of my carry on for 5-7 days but free laundry and the shipboard credit discussed would definitely make it doable. Besides, there’s the ports where you could pick up anything the ship stores didn’t have.

I guess it's all about how you approach the adventure of life.