Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Beginner

Default Horrible cruise experience with Carnival Elation

We were just back from Elation cruise. This is our first time to take the cruise and we expected a wonderful and relax vacation during our 4 nights cruise. However, due to the mistake was made by the Carnival or the Port, our vacation turned to a nightmare and survival journey. Our all the three luggage were misplaced to a wrong ship and we got them on the third night! We didn’t have personal stuff, fresh clothes and underwear, formal dress, swimming suit on the first 3 days. We wear the same clothes and underwear and stayed in the cabin most of time for those days. They only offered $50 for each luggage to let us buy essential from gift shop and free formal dress rental. No underwear, personal care stuff and swimming suit sell in the gift shop. We could not find our size from dress rental store and they even don’t have children’s dress to rent. We could not take our kids to swim, to camp and to the formal dinner!

Does anybody have the same experience? How should we deal with Carnival to ask compensation? I am appreciated if you could share your experience or ideas.

We followed the direction to drop the luggage on the port and we are not the only one who got the luggage misplaced in the ship.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Did you have travel insurance coverage? If you did then submit claims to them.
Old April 10th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Beginner

I didn't buy travel insurance from Carnival when I booked the cruise tickets from them.
Old April 10th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Admiral

Yes.. my friends luggage got lost by the airlines on her way.. She was given the same but she just rolled with it and still had a great time.

Just curious.... Did you hand your luggage over at the pier and did you have the Elation luggage tags on them?

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Horrible cruise experience with Carnival Elation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatecarnival
We were just back from Elation cruise. This is our first time to take the cruise and we expected a wonderful and relax vacation during our 4 nights cruise. However, due to the mistake was made by the Carnival or the Port, our vacation turned to a nightmare and survival journey. Our all the three luggage were misplaced to a wrong ship and we got them on the third night! We didn’t have personal stuff, fresh clothes and underwear, formal dress, swimming suit on the first 3 days. We wear the same clothes and underwear and stayed in the cabin most of time for those days. They only offered $50 for each luggage to let us buy essential from gift shop and free formal dress rental. No underwear, personal care stuff and swimming suit sell in the gift shop. We could not find our size from dress rental store and they even don’t have children’s dress to rent. We could not take our kids to swim, to camp and to the formal dinner!
Does anybody have the same experience? How should we deal with Carnival to ask compensation? I am appreciated if you could share your experience or ideas.

We followed the direction to drop the luggage on the port and we are not the only one who got the luggage misplaced in the ship.

Thanks in advance!

I would have been very mad & probably sick at my stomach knowing that I couldn't get my luggage & personal items. My DH & DS (3 yr old at the time)flew over seas & the airline lost our luggage for whole 2 days...I understand what it is to have no personal items & especially when you have children. We complained so loud that we received 3 free vouchers for future flights, which by the way we will never fly with that air line again, so it doesn't matter now.
You need to call & complain & get their attention . Remember the old saying... "sometimes the loudest wheel gets the grease" There has to be a department that handles those type of problems. I would't sleep unitl I got some satification... If this doesn't work, I would contact the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU they would be a big help.
Good luck and I hate that your vacation was terrible.
Sorry...
Aimee77

Carnival Legend 07-07
Carnival Sensation 07-06
The Big Red Boat 01-96
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Beginner

Oh yeah, of course we had the tag with each luggage. The tags have our name, home address and cabin number. When we dropped them on the pier, the people who handle the luggage checked each one to make sure everything is correct. And then let us go to the parking lot.

As I said in my first post, we are not the only one who lost luggage for 3 dayd in that "Fun Ship".
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee77
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

I would have been very mad & probably sick at my stomach knowing that I couldn't get my luggage & personal items. My DH & DS (3 yr old at the time)flew over seas & the airline lost our luggage for whole 2 days...I understand what it is to have no personal items & especially when you have children. We complained so loud that we received 3 free vouchers for future flights, which by the way we will never fly with that air line again, so it doesn't matter now.
You need to call & complain & get their attention . Remember the old saying... "sometimes the loudest wheel gets the grease" There has to be a department that handles those type of problems. I would't sleep unitl I got some satification... If this doesn't work, I would contact the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU they would be a big help.
Sorry...
Aimee77
Thanks for being understand! You may know how disappointed my children were when they knew that they could not go to the swimming, the camp and the formal dinner with their friends.
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee77
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Sorry...
Aimee77
Thanks for being understand! You may know how disappointed my children were when they knew that they could not go to the swimming, the camp and the formal dinner with their friends.
**Yes I do...I have a cruise booked w/Carnival for a 7 day in July & I think you can do the self assist to take your own bags onboard. We will be doing this if it is possible. I need to check into it and see if you can really do this. I don't want be in the same shoes you were in or my DH & I would freak out and probably get some time in jail....and we don't need that.

Carnival Legend 07-07
Carnival Sensation 07-06
The Big Red Boat 01-96
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
**Yes I do...I have a cruise booked w/Carnival for a 7 day in July & I think you can do the self assist to take your own bags onboard
You can not take your luggage onboard unless it will fit through a standard (airport style) X ray machine. Self assist is only available for taking your bags OFF the ship.

I feel horribly for the original poster. A short cruise ruined because of the mishandling of the luggage. You should have your travel agent get in touch with Carnival's Customer Relations Dept. and work on getting compensation!!

Unfortunately calling the Better Business Bureau does NOTHING other than register your complaint. They will do nothing to help resolve some form of compensation. Only Carnival can do anything about that.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:
**Yes I do...I have a cruise booked w/Carnival for a 7 day in July & I think you can do the self assist to take your own bags onboard
You can not take your luggage onboard unless it will fit through a standard (airport style) X ray machine. Self assist is only available for taking your bags OFF the ship.

I feel horribly for the original poster. A short cruise ruined because of the mishandling of the luggage. You should have your travel agent get in touch with Carnival's Customer Relations Dept. and work on getting compensation!!

Unfortunately calling the Better Business Bureau does NOTHING other than register your complaint. They will do nothing to help resolve some form of compensation. Only Carnival can do anything about that.
Thanks for the info on self assist, you never know until you ask the questions.

Carnival Legend 07-07
Carnival Sensation 07-06
The Big Red Boat 01-96
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Passenger

Not a bad idea Kuki, that is if the customer relations department at Carnival really exists. Personal experience says that guest or customer relations at Carnival is a myth much like the Unicorn,the poster will probably get more sympathy and action from a Better Business Bureau.
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for your reply! Do you have idea that how much I should ask for the compensation? I don't want to be greedy, but just want them treat me in a right way.
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomboy 524
Not a bad idea Kuki, that is if the customer relations department at Carnival really exists. Personal experience says that guest or customer relations at Carnival is a myth much like the Unicorn,the poster will probably get more sympathy and action from a Better Business Bureau.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU would get some attention.

Carnival Legend 07-07
Carnival Sensation 07-06
The Big Red Boat 01-96
Old April 10th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
This is my suggestions:

1) Send a letter/email to Uncle Bob (Bob Dickinson, CEO of Carnival) explaining what happened to you and the resulting disappointment suffered by your little ones. Below is a letter I emailed to Uncle Bob on March 19th. On March 30th I received a phone call from one of his underlings granting me exactly what I asked for in my email. Please bear in mind that if you tell them that you will never cruise with them again, you will get nothing. There is no reason to pacify a lost customer. Be pleasant but firm and explain exactly what it is that you want. It will be far easier for them to give you another cruise than to send you money. What is a freebee cabin for a 7 nighter to Carnival? Nothing at all. Outline what this mishap meant to you and what you would like to have done.

2) On every single cruise you take from here on, always, always, always carry on board with you (do not give it to the porters) enough clothes to last 24 hours, including swimwear and sleepwear. Lost luggage is a terrible thing and too many people touch your luggage. No matter what I pack, I always pack a small pilot bag with (1) swimsuit, (1) nightshirt, (1) set of day/island wear, (1) evening outfit and at least (1) change of undies. Nothing fancy, the smallest and lightest outfits I plan to bring with me.

It would not have held you for three days but it would have held you for two at least. And, there is no federal law that says you must be dressed up on formal night.

Here is the letter I sent via email:

Quote:
March 19, 2007

Carnival Cruise Lines
Carnival Place
3655 NW 87 Avenue
Miami, Fl. 33178-242

Attn: Bob Dickinson, CEO

Dear Mr. Dickinson:

I am writing this letter to your attention to see if anything can be done in my circumstance. I am a faithful cruiser of Carnival (Past Guest No. __________) having been on at least seven Carnival cruises in the past few years (not including one cancelled because of weather ). On Saturday, March 17, 2007 I booked a cabin on the Carnival Liberty. (Booking No. ______). Since I travel solo, I booked a Cat. 1A Guaranteed.

Before I begin my story, let me just say that whether or not I am given any consideration in this instance, I plan to continue cruising on Carnival because I do enjoy myself on your ships, find it to be a great bargain, lots of fun and I harbor no ill feelings towards Carnival. I have always and will continue to recommend a Carnival cruise to everyone who knows me. Anyway, my story goes like this.
I was scheduled to cruise on the 02/10/07 Fantasy out of New Orleans (Booking No. ______). As you know, this ship was hit by a barge on its way back from its previous week’s cruise so my cruise had to be cancelled. In compensation for this cancellation, Carnival offered the following:
(a) Full refund of cruise fare
(b) Up to $200 towards the cost for altered arrangements to return home
(c) 25% discount on a future 3-5 day cruise.
These are the things I know:
(a) The accident was not the fault of Carnival.
(b) On February 10, 2007, Carnival did everything possible to ensure the safety and comfort of their passengers and went above and beyond in cushioning the blow to the passengers of having their cruise cancelled so abruptly.
(c) It could have been much worse.
(d) The compensation was relatively fair

However, this accident has cost me:
(a) Four days’ vacation that I could not cancel, reschedule or get back in any form;
(b) $314 in wasted air and land transportation;
(c) The missed opportunity to experience the refurbished Fantasy.
What I am requesting at this time is to be able to use my 25% discount on my upcoming Carnival Liberty Cruise. I tried to wait to hear from “Guest Relations? (they are not very nice at all) but the price kept rising so I went ahead and booked this cruise using my charge card. It was my original intention to get request a break on the cruise fare but, at this point, I would be happy with an OBC in the amount of my 25% discount or whatever discount I can be awarded. My vacation from my job is very limited and there is no way I will be able to see the Fantasy within 2007-2008 so a discount on a 3-5 day cruise is useless to me.
Any consideration you can extend this very loyal customer would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old April 10th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Beginner

This is my suggestions:

1) Send a letter/email to Uncle Bob (Bob Dickinson, CEO of Carnival) explaining what happened to you and the resulting disappointment suffered by your little ones. Below is a letter I emailed to Uncle Bob on March 19th. On March 30th I received a phone call from one of his underlings granting me exactly what I asked for in my email. Please bear in mind that if you tell them that you will never cruise with them again, you will get nothing. There is no reason to pacify a lost customer. Be pleasant but firm and explain exactly what it is that you want. It will be far easier for them to give you another cruise than to send you money. What is a freebee cabin for a 7 nighter to Carnival? Nothing at all. Outline what this mishap meant to you and what you would like to have done.

[/quote]

Thanks for your information! That is really really helpful for us to take the first step for the compensation.
Old April 10th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for your reply! Do you have idea that how much I should ask for the compensation? I don't want to be greedy, but just want them treat me in a right way.
Hey I am sorry for what happened on your first cruise. That really Sux! My opinion on how to handle this (i.e. how I would do it) would be to make sure more than one person at Carnival knows my displeasure with my cruise experience. Give them the chance to make it right for you. If after a period of time and 2-way comunication between yourself and reps from Carnival there still isn't any resolve then I would go to outside sources. To many people go straight to the BBB and never really get any personal satisfaction.

Here is what I ask when I have a problem, and I don't move on in my steps till I get an aknowledgment of understanding from the other party

1) there needs to be a complete understanding of my DISSATISFACTION with my EXPERIENCE (important buzz word) Don't move on till you are sure they "feel your pain" Don't give up on this Cruise line because of on bad experience, and let them work with you on another opportunity to please you. That is fair.

2) Who dropped the ball. Make sure you did everything right on your end, and that they understand that, and get the answer from them that they, or people they are indirectly associated with dropped the ball.

3)Compensation. As you said in your post you don't want to be greedy and this is a great and fair attitude that will usually get you what you want. I would ask for something like 3 day's compensation on a future cruise since that is what you lost on this one. Another approach would be upgrades. I would be willing to pay for a certain level, then be upgraded to a higher level cabin, have express check-in, or other perks that would make me feel like I was royalty on my next cruise. These are not big things to ask for and in my opinion would be easy to obtain, and would probably appease me. There are a lot of reasonable things you can ask for and probably get.

4) Take the agreed upon compensations, plan another cruise, and have a great time and keep an open mind!! Cruising really is fun

5) If you get get mired down in any of these steps without a satisfactory resolution skip to part 6.

6) Get outside help BBB etc... Make sure you have ample documentation, names, times dates, etc. Make sure they know you are going this route, why, and how they Could have fixed it.

Sorry for the long reply, but with the discussion board name you chose for yourself I felt you were not to happy with Carnival. All Companies drop the ball once and a while. Smart ones look at these as oportunities to fix and excel. They need to know in no uncertain terms the level of your "oportunity" to excel.

Give them a shot, and best of luck to you and hopefully you can change your name <G>. If you and Carnival play the cards right you will have a great next experience, and will fall in love with cruising as a whole.
Old April 10th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Admiral

Quote:
We could not take our kids to swim, to camp and to the formal dinner
I understand your frustration with your "misplaced" luggage, but I don't understand all of this. Why couldn't the kids go to Camp Carnival? Couldn't they wear what they wore to board the ship? I also think you could have gone to the formal dinner. All you would have had to do was to explain that your luggage was lost.

Quote:
We wear the same clothes and underwear and stayed in the cabin most of time for those days.
Why did you stay in your cabin? Surely your embarkation outfits were suitable for most of the ship?

On our last cruise we met a woman whose luggage wasn't delivered at all (7 days). She had what she had worn at emarkation and a nightgown! The ship laundered her clothes every night and she wore the same outfit all week and she was just happy to be cruising. Did Carnival not offer you something similar? If not, couldn't you have washed out your "undies" in the sink every night?

With $150.00 credit couldn't you have bought some T-shirts and shorts in the ship's shop?

Again, I'm sorry this happened to you, but sometimes we just have to make lemonade from lemons!

Just curious,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old April 10th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

It doesn't make sense to me either... If I was in that position I would buy a suit for my children and still let them swim or particapate in the camp activities... The last thing I would do is SIT IN MY CABIN! But on the other hand I take the bad things that happen and find the little bit of good and work with that... Also it is a basic lesson in attitude that I taught my kids and employees... You can't control what happens around you but we have complete control how we react to the things that happen... Stay positive and cruise again..
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Admiral

This possibility is why we always have a kind of emergency kit in our carry ons. A change of clothes, undies, a swim suit, and a few necessary items, (toiletries, etc.) just in case. I have been on cruises where fellow passengers had their luggage misplaced and went missing for the entire cruise. Then you have to cope as best you can while still enjoying the cruise, not sitting in your cabin the whole time.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Admiral

Also, if the luggage of many others didn't make it on board, that points to the longshoremen who are working the terminal. They are the ones who load the luggage and make certain that it is all onboard. I am reasonably sure that the Carnival reps ask if all is aboard before they pull out from the dock.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 11th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou 123
It doesn't make sense to me either... If I was in that position I would buy a suit for my children and still let them swim or particapate in the camp activities... The last thing I would do is SIT IN MY CABIN! But on the other hand I take the bad things that happen and find the little bit of good and work with that... Also it is a basic lesson in attitude that I taught my kids and employees... You can't control what happens around you but we have complete control how we react to the things that happen... Stay positive and cruise again..
Lou;

You hit my point to the original poster right on the head. My thoughts are first to enjoy life and what it throws at you, then follow procedures to ensure insure that LIFE is enjoyable, and that who ever is at fault at making this simple thing not happen WILL be accountable and responsible for fixing it. If you follow these rules and steps you will never be unhappy.

Mark
Old April 11th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter1602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou 123
Lou;

You hit my point to the original poster right on the head. My thoughts are first to enjoy life and what it throws at you, then follow procedures to ensure insure that LIFE is enjoyable, and that who ever is at fault at making this simple thing not happen WILL be accountable and responsible for fixing it. If you follow these rules and steps you will never be unhappy.

Mark
I agree with both of you. Go on and make the best out of it. You already paid for your family vacation, so why not try your best to go with the flow. In my opinion, sitting in your cabin and sulking does nothing. Even if Carnival didn't offer to clean your clothes for you like someone else said, from what I understand you can wash them yourself. Who cares what people think. I tell my employees the same thing "It is what it is, deal with it and move on"

CARNIVAL GLORY 4/2007
CARNIVAL INSPIRATION 8/2008
CARNIVAL GLORY 7/2009
Old April 11th, 2007, 06:22 AM
First Mate

I wonder if Carnival could put into the daily capers, that a situation has come up, and a family needs help, anyone having anything extra in the following sizes please contact the persers deck .
I almost always have extra I could pass along, even more so when my kids were small.
Destiny
Norwegian Majesty
Legend
Legend
Valor
Valor again Yahoo!
Old April 11th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Passenger

Im not understanding this either. First I must say Lou, and Skeeter I couldn't have said it better. I totally agree. If that happened to me I would have made the best of it. I definatley would not have stayed in my cabin the whole time. I also would have went to everything including formal night with the clothes I had on and then washed them. The other thing I am not understanding is the compensation thing. Didn't they compansate you $50 a bag which if you had 4 people that would be about $200.00. To me I think that's more than fair for misplacing luggage. It was an accident and unfortunatley they do happen but life is what you make of it.

Add Your Caribbean Trip Review
Old April 11th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Admiral

First of all, I do symphathize with the OP. No one would wish this mistake on any tourist.

However, your anger is misplaced. Carnival does not load the luggage onto their ships. The Port Authority employees do. Canrival is "technically" not allowed to touch it until it comes aboard their ship.

So if someone put your luggage into the wrong ship's bin...it was not Carnival...but the Longshoremen who load the luggage.

I suggest if you have a complaint that you complain to the people who made the mistake....and that was not Carnival.

Now, at least in New Orleans, the porter who takes your bags writes his
"number" on your documents so that you know WHO took your luggage and who is responsible for it until it is loaded onto the vessel.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old April 11th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

It is always sad when things don't go right. It can happen to any of us.

I guess I have been around the boards to long, but something isn't right about the OP(original poster) I hope that I am wrong, but this is what I see.

I see a person who picks the first post to be all against Carnival.

I see a poster who picks the screen name about hating Carnival.

I see a poster that did not follow the best rule of cruising MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR CRUISE

We have nothing else to go on about the OP, so how do we know this really happened?

Let me tell you a story boys and girls who are new to the boards.

There are these people out there in cyberland who are called trolls. They make it a point to go on cruise web sites to cause trouble, and to make people upset. I actually met one in a chat session one night. This is what he said. "I like stirring up trouble. These cruise lines make tons of money and their guests are so vulnerable." I like to see if I can make them feel the way I do, just by making the suggestion." It's a game for me."

So you see boys and girls, what we have here is either a very unlucky person or someone who has just punked you.

What can we learn about the post? Make sure you have your Carnival tags on your bags. Make sure you are turning your bags over to someone working your ship. Carry a few personal items in your carry on.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 11th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

Luanne:
Well said..............
Over
Done
Let's move on cause I cruise in 10 days!
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old April 11th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo

I guess I have been around the boards to long, but something isn't right about the OP(original poster) I hope that I am wrong, but th

I see a poster that did not follow the best rule of cruising MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR CRUISE

We have nothing else to go on about the OP, so how do we know this really happened?

There are these people out there in cyberland who are called trolls. They make it a point to go on cruise web sites to cause trouble, and to make people upset. I actually met one in a chat session one night. This is what he said. "I like stirring up trouble. These cruise lines make tons of money and their guests are so vulnerable." I like to see if I can make them feel the way I do, just by making the suggestion." It's a game for me."

So you see boys and girls, what we have here is either a very unlucky person or someone who has just punked you.

What can we learn about the post? Make sure you have your Carnival tags on your bags. Make sure you are turning your bags over to someone working your ship. Carry a few personal items in your carry on.
Hey Luanne;

I know what you mean about the pot stirring trolls. I have been a forum moderator for years on a motorcycle discussion forum on Delphi Forums, and they can be very draining at times. Hopefully this person is on the level, and when I encouraged him to change his name it was due to having my my Troll radar on. lol

I haven't been here long enough to start "Outing" what I call "Sock Puppets". I just want to enjoy the info learned, and maybe help someone in return.

Mark
Old April 11th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I don't want anyone to miss understand. We are allowed to come on here and say good and bad about Carnival, but OPsaid nothing good about his or her trip. Heck, getting out of the kitchen is a good cruise for me.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 11th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne

I guess I have been around the boards to long, but something isn't right about the OP(original poster) I hope that I am wrong, but this is what I see.

What can we learn about the post? Make sure you have your Carnival tags on your bags. Make sure you are turning your bags over to someone working your ship. Carry a few personal items in your carry on
Amen, Luanne! Since he/she hasn't come back to answer what I thought were very reasonable questions, we'll have to chalk this one up to a "Troll".

I, too, am sympathetic to people who have a real problem, but I just don't see it here.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014