Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Beginner

Default best carnival ship for kids 11 & 14

We will be first time family cruisers and have narrowed down a cruise line to carnival but I want to be sure our children will have plenty of options on the boat for their age.
Which ships to avoid?? Which ships to recommend??

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Admiral

My son has sailed on the Fantasy class ships (Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Elation and Paradise); Conquest class ships (Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty and Freedom); and Spirit class ships (Spirit, Miracle,and Pride Legend).

As a pre-teen he liked the Conquest class (specifically the Glory) because it was a big ship and action packed.

As a teenager, he really, really liked the Spirit class (specifically the Miracle), but for the itinerary, the teen club and especially Frankenstein's Lab where the teens all hung out.

I suspect they will like ANY of the ships. They all have plenty of action in the kids programs and throughout the ship.

From an adult point of view, the Miracle was by far the "prettiest" Carnival ship I've sailed.

Let us know what you decide.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old April 12th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

My kids have been on the Conquest and the Inspiration . Both ships were nice and never heard a complaint from the kids. The Conquest class is a little larger and I think the arcade was larger but both have plenty of food, nice pools and plenty of room to move around. You can't go wrong with any of the ships with Carnival.... but if it was me, I would go with the conquest class........
Good luck
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old April 12th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Beginner

What ever ship I'm not on. Have no objection to children, but wish that the lines would let us know in advance how many children are going to be on a ship so that if we really don't want to be with that many children we can cancel.

Have a real problem with ships that over book the amount of children they have staff to handle and then wonder why adults aren't happy to see all the mid size munchkins.
Old April 12th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

Sorry you don't want kids on your ship. I think all of us were children at one time. Some of us even behave as children as adults...
I think it is nice to have kids running around... Keeps us young!

By the way, I took my kids on cruises!
Welcome to cruisemates
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old April 12th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootsies mom
What ever ship I'm not on. Have no objection to children, but wish that the lines would let us know in advance how many children are going to be on a ship so that if we really don't want to be with that many children we can cancel.

Have a real problem with ships that over book the amount of children they have staff to handle and then wonder why adults aren't happy to see all the mid size munchkins.
Hmmm...I'm afraid the ships would also have to start notifying us how many smokers, people with tattoos, loud people, drunks, men who spit ....you get the idea- are on a cruise. I'm guessing everyone is annoyed by someone. 8)

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old April 13th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootsies mom

Tell you what! If you get on Cruise that has too mean CHILDREN or MID SIZE MUNCHKINS as you call them! Then why don't do what everyone else has been doing!!! JUMP OVERBOARD!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Old April 13th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Passenger

Doesn't matter what ship they are on, if they don't have fun I would be very surprised. I have taken my two boys for the past two years and prior to cruising had arguments over any vacation plans due to the 5 year difference in age. The oldest 17 and youngest 12 obviously had different ideas about fun activities. Most importantly no matter where we went or how action packed I tried to plan always heard "I'm bored" at least once. Went on a cruise two years ago and actually had a vacation myself. Literally had to mandate that they show up for dinner each night or I may not have seen them at all. The first ship was one of the smaller ones, and last year upgraded to the Valor. No complaints either way. This year as we were planning and trying to decide my son (youngest as the oldest is serving our Country in the Army now) said doesn't matter what ship or ports as long as it is a Carnival Cruise.
Valor 4/06
Celebration 4/05
Old April 13th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Passenger

I believe they have Adult only cruises, might I suggest that if you do not want to be around little ankle biters! Or perhaps just stay in your cabin, they shouldn't bother you there.

For the original OP: I did some research prior to booking this cruise so that I could be sure my 15yo DD would have a great time. I settled on the Glory. I'll let you know how it went in a few weeks.