CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Passport Stamps (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/331892-passport-stamps.html)

RocHed11 April 17th, 2007 04:25 PM

Passport Stamps

Hi again all, DW and I will be doing the Eastern Caribbean with stops at Nassau, Bahamas, St Thomas and St Maarten. Will we get our Passports stamped in the Bahamas and St Maarten or even the French side if we decide to travel to that side of the island?

T

Lou 123 April 17th, 2007 04:29 PM

I don't believe you will need the passport after you board the ship.

seadog2 April 17th, 2007 06:22 PM

I'm not sure if you will get your passport stamped at each port, but you can request that your passport be stamped when you are clearing customs. They will stamp your passport upon request.

Robert6260 April 17th, 2007 06:28 PM

No, you don't even need to take the passport off the ship.

My passport was stamped when I returned to the US on my last cruise.

RocHed11 April 17th, 2007 06:37 PM

Thanks All, I would like to get them stamped if I could. I apreciate the info.

T

bguppies April 18th, 2007 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocHed11
Thanks All, I would like to get them stamped if I could. I apreciate the info.

T

My Wife and I got ours stamped in Nassau last September.
You just have to go into the offices just to your left as you walk down the pier from the ship. (at the end of the pier, before the Welcome Center, there is a Nassau, Bahamas wooden cutout to pose with for pictures. Just ahead to your left is a beige building. Ahead to your right is the multi-colored Welcome Center.)
If you go into the office and ask, they will be happy to stamp your passport for you.

Now we need to figure out how to get stamps in Cozumel and Belize this September.

Bill

RocHed11 April 18th, 2007 01:45 PM

Thanks Bill, Fantastic advice.

T

adias.angel April 18th, 2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bguppies
Now we need to figure out how to get stamps in Cozumel and Belize this September.

If you do let us know how and where.

We are heading to San Juan, St Thomas and St Marteen in December. I would love to get mine stamped in all those places ;) Carla

subtropic April 18th, 2007 07:33 PM

All the posters are correct. You do not need your passport once you have boarded. If you want to get your passport stamped all ports of call will have a location that will just that for you. Many will have such a location at the cruise ship pier terminal.

lauriloo April 18th, 2007 08:15 PM

I just feel better having my passport with me in foreign countries. Just in case there's some kind of trouble I accidentally get involved in. What if I'm near a wild party in a bar and accidentally get arrested? Highly unlikely I would need it but I want proof of citizenship with me.

Lou 123 April 18th, 2007 10:25 PM

lauriloo,
Are you a party animal on these cruises?
:D :D :D

BobMiller April 19th, 2007 09:58 AM

San Juan is American, I suppose they could still stamp your passport though.

A positive is that our Verizon Nationwide plan was good there so we made free phone calls back home while we were in cell phone range of the island.