Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default I Won A Free Carnival Cruise!

I won a free 4 day cruise with Carnival Cruise lines, which includes the cruise, airfare and grautities. My DH can't get the time off from work so my best girlfriend is going with me on May 24th 2007 and we are sailing on the Celebration. We are sailing our of Jacksonville, Florida, sailing to Freeport, Bahamas, and Nassau, Bahamas. Can anyone offer me some advice on things we can do, and tell me your experience on this ship? Any info would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Jessie
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Congrats, how exactly did you win it?

Carnival Liberty November 30-December 7, 2013
Carnival Liberty
March 2-March 9, 2013

Carnival Legend November 27-December 4, 2011
Carnival Miracle September 28-October 6 2010
Carnival Victory December 9-16, 2007
Carnival Imagination April 28-May 3, 2007
Carnival Fascination April 24-28, 2006
Carnival Fascination July 10-17, 1999
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks!!! I'm a Nurse in Upstate New York....and at the hospital I work at they had a drawing to win a free cruise.....and I was the "Lucky" one who's name was drawn. My employers usually does this once a year....but every year it's something different.

Jessie
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:46 PM
Passenger

That is so awesome!! Too bad DH can't go. Maybe twice the vacation w/o him! ! Celebration is a great sized ship. Not too big, not too small! Enjoy having everyone take care of you for a change!!
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

My DH and I are going on a 7-day cruise in October, and the same girlfriend who's coming on this cruise with me and her husband will be joining us on that cruise in October....so her and I are considering this a nice long-weekend getaway without our husbands! All we are planning on doing is relaxing and soaking up the sun!.

Jessie
Old April 22nd, 2007, 11:57 PM
Admiral

Did the Celebration in '01 and had a great time on her. She is smaller, but still fun.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:03 PM
Passenger

My first experience in cruising was on the Celebration. It was very nice and a great ship for a first time cruiser. I thought it was immense until I sailed on the Valor the following year. I truly enjoyed the Celebration I am sure the staff has changed by now, but if Joseph is still the Maitre'D you will enjoy your meals he was great. Our kids still talk about him even though we have cruised since then. Nassau was okay in that if you don't want to spend a lot of money while on this trip, you can walk down the pier and wander around the straw market, and the port has an indoor mall of sorts if the weather is not great. We have never been to Freeport will be going there this July, but hear there isn't anything close and a taxi to town costs 10 dollars each way per person. We have plans for the other ports so may just stay on the ship for that one it depends. The shows at night were great, the food was great all in all a great vacation, but no matter the ship a free cruise as long as it doesn't sink you are ahead!!! ENJOY!!!! I am from CNY also and wish I was your best friend going with you!!!!! What hospital I may have to change my employer!!!
Valor 4/06
Celebration 4/05
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for all your great replies....I also wanted to ask anyone who's been to Nassau and Freeport, Bahamas if there are any nice beaches to go to for the day? My friend and I are planning on sitting back sipping some cocktails and relaxing at the beach....that's if there are any nice ones. I work for Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY and I also work per-diem at Albany Memorial Hospital.

Jessie