Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival photo release?

I read somewhere that after you return from a cruise you can contact Carnival and get a photo authorization release so you can get copies made locally of your Carnival photos (the ones they take and you pay outrageously for). Does anyone know anything about this?
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Admiral

We just took ours to our local Sam's Club, used the scanner and made what we wanted, no problems. Didn't know about a release and no one asked for one.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Passenger

When I went to Wal-Mart to scan copies of our photos they would not do it and they ask for a release. I e-mailed Carnival and they e-mailed me back a release so I could get copies. I have keep a copy of it on hand so after each cruise I can get copies at Wal-Mart or any other photo dept. That other person that replied to your question was very lucky to be able to get copies at Sams Club, it must have been a new worker who just didnt know.
Old April 27th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Passenger

I've just learned of this last week. Take a picture of the picture using your digital camera. Just make sure the picture is perfectly flat and you frame it so you don't see any boarder, or you can crop it if don't want to see it. Also make sure there is no light reflection coming off the picture. Good luck.
Old April 27th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Admiral

At our Sam's Club, the scanners are there for customer use on your own. Their employees don't help you unless you ask. Where does it say you can't copy or reproduce a picture? I just looked on the back of mine and it doesn't say anything. Honestly didn't know this was an issue.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old April 27th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Admiral

We just returned from the "Liberty", and went to our local Walgreens Drug Store. They said they had on file a release from Carnival stating that they could copy their photos. They also stated that most other lines would NOT allow them to copy the photos. We got 8X10 copies of those $25 photos for $2.50 each. Great deal indeed!

Ken
Old April 27th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

I've always had to get a release for any photo that even remotely resembled a professional photograph. When my oldest graduated college we had to get a release from Olan Mills to copy her baby photos!!!!

Ken, did the reproduced photos look as good as the originals?

I have friends who use their home scanner and photo printer....I just haven't had a reason to try my new photo printer for that purpose. But I will be giving it a try after May 27th!

Melody
Old April 27th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Hello Melody;

Yes, the copies look just as good as the Carnival ones. The only thing they lack is the "Carnival" logo at the bottom, below the photo margin, but that's covered when you frame it anyway. Frankly, I was surprised that they gave us no problem when we went to get them copied, as we used to go to a little independant photo shop to get copies. The little shop got "blown away" in the hurricanes two years ago.

See you aboard,

Ken