Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Passenger

Default Sign and Sail Card

What If I do not want to use the sign and sail card and I would rather pay with cash is that acceptable on Carnival? Can I buy a soda with cash?
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Admiral

All cruise lines have a cash less system. This means eveything gets "charged" to your sail and sign card. You can go to the Purser Desk or Customer Service desk, put the down the cash for your account and they will just debt your account each time you use your card. You can check the balance on your account on your cabin TV on some ships. We couldn't do it on the Caribben Princess which was a little inconvenient. If there is $ left over, they will just refund it to you the last night.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old April 29th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Admiral

I went to Carnival website under the FAQs here is the link and a quote from the site. You can use Credit Card or Cash the deposit required depends on the length of the cruise.
http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Sai...d_Account.aspx All charges will automatically be billed to the guest's credit card at the end of the voyage. On the final morning of the cruise, a statement detailing all purchases made with the Sail & Sign card will be delivered to the guest's stateroom. The total amount will be applied to the credit card presented during registration. For those guests who put down a cash deposit, if there is an overpayment at the end of the cruise, the guest will receive the overpayment in the form of a check attached to their detailed statement on the final morning of the cruise.
2-4 day cruises: $100 deposit pp
5-8 day cruises: $200 deposit pp
9 + day cruises: $350 deposit pp
Hope that helps.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old April 29th, 2007, 08:16 AM
First Mate

You can also put that you want to use a cc but then pay cash as you go. We've done this for both cruises and it really helps alot!

No big bill at then end of your cruise cause you've been paying on it the entire time.

We walked off the Spirit with no balance to charge to the cc but had a small balance on the Conquest. No big deal and nice to know that wouldn't be coming in the mail the next month!

2005 Carnival Spirit to Alaska

2007 Carnival Conquest to Western Caribbean

2008 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to New England/Canada

2010 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to Southern Caribbean
Old April 29th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Sign and Sail Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by P
What If I do not want to use the sign and sail card and I would rather pay with cash is that acceptable on Carnival? Can I buy a soda with cash?
I put money into a checking acount of mine that has a visa debit card. I used this as my credit card for the Sign&Sail account. This way I was in a sense paying cash all along.

I found the SS card a very convienient way of handling money during my cruise. No cash to worry about, and it really speeds up the process of purchasing things when they don't have to figure money into the process.

I knew how much I had to spend, and you can track your account on your TV in the room to make sure you don't go over your balance in the bank account.