Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2007, 09:41 AM
First Mate

Default Past Cruise Rates

I will be going on my first Carnival cruise this upcoming September and looking to book a cruise for the following September as well. Can I book the later of the two and receive a past guest rate, even though at the time of booking I would not not have taken the first? It would be my second booking with Carnival, but since I had not completed the first sailing, will I still be able to get a past guest rate?

Its $399 for a 7 day, I don't know if it will go much lower than that.
Old April 29th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Admiral

I think that if you book it while onboard your first cruise you will get some sort of discount or credit and that may be the way to go.....
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 29th, 2007, 09:56 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
I think that if you book it while onboard your first cruise you will get some sort of discount or credit and that may be the way to go.....
That's what I was thinking of doing. I just don't want the rate to go up between now and our first cruise. I suppose I could book now and if the rate goes up be lucky. If it doesn't go up, book while onboard and then cancel our existing reservation, getting us OBC or whatever they are offering as an incentive to book onboard while still keeping the same rate.

Do 7 day sailings ever dip below $399? I dont remember seeing any, but maybe I missed something. Onboard Glory and departing from Orlando.
Old April 30th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Yeoman

With carnival there is no special book on board rate. But it you book within 60 days for your last cruise sailing date they will give you $50 off. Hope that helps, Carla
Old April 30th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumofny
Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
That's what I was thinking of doing. I just don't want the rate to go up between now and our first cruise. I suppose I could book now and if the rate goes up be lucky. If it doesn't go up, book while onboard and then cancel our existing reservation, getting us OBC or whatever they are offering as an incentive to book onboard while still keeping the same rate.

Do 7 day sailings ever dip below $399? I dont remember seeing any, but maybe I missed something. Onboard Glory and departing from Orlando.
If you find a cruise for 7 days cheaper than that - point me in that direction; I do beleive that is an awesome deal and I don't think I saw a 7 day ever get any cheaper than that - BUT do you mean that you are departing from Port Caniveral.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 30th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
I would book now. Then as long as you only pay the deposit and not the whole balance you can get the account credited for whatever specials you find. There will be no need to cancel and re-book.

Usually the standard past guest rate is $50 off (if you book within 60 days of last sailing) and an upgrade, which you get no matter who (Carnival or TA) you book with. What we did was book with a Carnival rep to hold the reservation at that price. Then we switch it over to a TA for a huge savings to us. Hope that helps, Carla
Old April 30th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

[quote="adias.angel"]
Quote:
Usually the standard past guest rate is $50 off (if you book within 60 days of last sailing) and an upgrade, which you get no matter who (Carnival or TA) you book with. What we did was book with a Carnival rep to hold the reservation at that price. Then we switch it over to a TA for a huge savings to us. Hope that helps, Carla
First of all you don't always get a discount for being a past guest. It depends on the sailing and if it's offered for THAT sailing.

Second, you don't always get a $50 discount for booking within 60 days either. This is called the "Welcome Home" offer and is a marketing ploy and only sent out (usually by email) to select people that are chosen at random.

We sailed in March and have booked another cruise for next March and we're well within our 60 days. I didn't get either discount and the above is the information that I received from Carnival. I spoke with more than one person too and the one PVP that helped me was very helpful and appeared to try very hard to get this for me but so far - nothing.

I would go ahead and try to book it now. Ask Carnival if this new sailing IS a past guest discount sailing (they will be able to check for you). You can always have them adjust the pricing after you take your first cruise. But at least you will lock in the price that's there and guarantee you'll not pay any more no matter what.

Kim
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:21 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWS
First of all you don't always get a discount for being a past guest. It depends on the sailing and if it's offered for THAT sailing.

Second, you don't always get a $50 discount for booking within 60 days either. This is called the "Welcome Home" offer and is a marketing ploy and only sent out (usually by email) to select people that are chosen at random.
Sorry to hear that. They added it to all of our bookings for our cruise in December. I was the only one who got the email though.

And one thing the past guest "discount" has every time is an upgrade, it is not a discount in $. My BF's family are frequent cruisers and have always gotten this, it is a standard we were told. We even got it on a holiday cruise Carla
Old May 1st, 2007, 12:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default 7 day cruise on glory

We booked in February 2007 for Novemeber 2007 and I got two up grades to the Verandah deck (past guest) and we only paid $429 per person for an inside cabin. I just checked and it is up to $509 now. I think it is best to book really early.

I am looking now for a November 2008 Panama Canal sailing...seems like princess has the best deal so far. Round trip from Florida Anyone have any info on that cruise. I beleive it is the Coral Princess.

Carnival Valor November 2008
Carnival Fascination February 2008
Carnival Glory September 2007
Carnival Imagination September 2006
Carnival Fascination May 2005
Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas May 2001
Carnnival Ecstasy May 2000
Old May 1st, 2007, 05:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by adias.angel
They added it to all of our bookings for our cruise in December. I was the only one who got the email though.

And one thing the past guest "discount" has every time is an upgrade, it is not a discount in $. My BF's family are frequent cruisers and have always gotten this, it is a standard we were told. We even got it on a holiday cruise Carla
So are you saying that maybe I SHOULD have gotten something? We booked a balcony guarantee so I figured that we wouldn't get anything. Our TA does know we're past guests since she booked our cruise in March so I can't imagine why she wouldn't go after something that was due us. Perhaps my chances for upgrade might be a bit better with that past guest number attached to them.

I don't know; maybe another call to my TA to clarify?

Kim
Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:27 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWS
So are you saying that maybe I SHOULD have gotten something?
I'm not sure when the upgrade is applied. We have a large group going so my BF's mom was in charge of doing all the room bookings so they would be together. Since you booked a guaranteed I am going to guess that when you get your room number assigned it will have an upgrade attached to it but that is just a guess. Ours have not been applied yet either but they will when we get our final docs. Hope that helps, Carla