Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2007, 01:07 PM
Passenger

Default Motion Sickness

I just found out my cabin is at the back of the ship on the main deck. I get motion sickness easily. Does anyone know if you can feel much of a difference between where your cabin is on the boat?
Has anyone tried the patch for motion sickness?
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:02 PM
Yeoman

My BF and I both wore the patch last cruise. Works great if your a average size person. My BF is 6' 200lbs and had no problems with it.

I am about 5' 3" and 125lbs. It made my reading vision blur, I was tired and towards the end of the first patch I got a little sick to my stomach. Unfortunately the patch only comes in one strength.

Someone posted on here that Bonine pills are just as good. You can get a whole bottle of them generic over the counter at walmart cheap; I believe the person that posted it said it was $10 for 100 pills. There will be a whole group of us splitting the bottle Carla
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:09 PM
Passenger

Thanks adia.angel. I will try those. I am thinking I might need to get my cabin moved to the middle of the ship if possible. Oh well I am sure I will have no matter what.
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

I have never worn a patch but a few people did on our last cruise and they didn't feel good until they took them off..
I have never been sea sick on a cruise.. They are pretty smooth..
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:32 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttech
I am thinking I might need to get my cabin moved to the middle of the ship if possible.
We had a room at the very rear of the ship last time and I felt it a little when we went through a storm but not really any other time. But since I am not prone to motion sickness not sure you should go by my experience.

We got ocean view midship rooms this time though because I am taking my very prone to motion sickness mother along for her first cruise. We were advised to get them on the bottom deck and in the middle. Carla
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

I used the Bonine tablets one night on our last cruise. We had been ashore in Cozumel for the day and I didn't get my sea legs back as quick as I normally do. I took one tablet at dinner and was fine for the rest of the trip. Our cabins have always been midship, but I've truly never noticed anything rough at the rear of the ship. The front of the ship seems to be a little bit bumpier at times, but no major difference. If you are talking about getting seasick in a boat or carsick in a car, cruising is totally different. It may not affect you at all.

Melody
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:17 PM
Passenger

Thank you for the advice. I have never cruised so maybe I won't even get sick. I was just thinking I might because I get car sick. I will keep some of the tablets on hand just in case.
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:53 PM
Admiral

Hi Carla:

The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) is very prone to sea sickness, and she buys, and takes the Bonine without fail, and NEVER has a problem. Yes, we buy the Bonine over the counter. When buying it that way it's called Meclizine, and you must buy a bottle of 100, but as mentioned it's very inexpensive that way. (Almost as cheap as buying one or two of the bubble packs of Bonine)
The rear of the ship won't be much, if any rougher ride than mid ship. Go to Wal Mart, or Walgreens and get the "Meclizine". Take one the day before the cruise to see how they work for you, then just take one every morning. You'll do just fine! (I've heard, and seen where the patch over medicates some people)

Ken
Old May 1st, 2007, 05:02 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttech
I was just thinking I might because I get car sick. I will keep some of the tablets on hand just in case.
Thats the exact same reasoning I am using with my mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
Hi Carla:
The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) is very prone to sea sickness, and she buys, and takes the Bonine without fail, and NEVER has a problem. Yes, we buy the Bonine over the counter. When buying it that way it's called Meclizine, and you must buy a bottle of 100, but as mentioned it's very inexpensive that way. (Almost as cheap as buying one or two of the bubble packs of Bonine)
Thank you for posting. I could not remember for the life of me which thread I had read it in to post a link.