Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2007, 02:13 PM
Passenger

Default Adias Angel - or anyone - Can you help with questions

Hello Adias Angel can you help with a few questions I have on my upcoming cruise? First off this is my first cruise and my first vacation in seven years. We are taking the Inspiration from Tampa August 13. This is our 20th wedding anniversary and we splurged and got a balcony cabin. But I'll be honest and now I will say that I am scared. First this website itself says that three star cruises "make you wish that you had spent a little more money". I have also read a couple of very, very bad reviews on Expedia.com, where we booked our cruise, that say the cabins are old and two posts remarked on a very bad smell. One even said it smelt like sewage. Due to the fact that we splurged on the cabin (a mistake???) we are money constrained concerning the rest of the money we can spend. All ready we have $500.00 for the tipping, parking at the port and gas to drive down. I will admit that I am a picky person regarding cleanliness and things like that. I also have a hard time sleeping and have read that the walls between rooms are so thin you can hear your neighbors TV selections? What do you think about these issues? I can cancel and reshedule my trip if necessary on a newer ship or different line if necessary. I just really want to have a good time but not walk off feeling that I regret the money spent. Thanks for the time that anyone gives in answering these concernes
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2007, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Adias Angel - or anyone - Can you help with questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cejay
Hello Adias Angel can you help with a few questions I have on my upcoming cruise? First off this is my first cruise and my first vacation in seven years. We are taking the Inspiration from Tampa August 13. This is our 20th wedding anniversary and we splurged and got a balcony cabin. But I'll be honest and now I will say that I am scared. First this website itself says that three star cruises "make you wish that you had spent a little more money". I have also read a couple of very, very bad reviews on Expedia.com, where we booked our cruise, that say the cabins are old and two posts remarked on a very bad smell. One even said it smelt like sewage. Due to the fact that we splurged on the cabin (a mistake???) we are money constrained concerning the rest of the money we can spend. All ready we have $500.00 for the tipping, parking at the port and gas to drive down. I will admit that I am a picky person regarding cleanliness and things like that. I also have a hard time sleeping and have read that the walls between rooms are so thin you can hear your neighbors TV selections? What do you think about these issues? I can cancel and reshedule my trip if necessary on a newer ship or different line if necessary. I just really want to have a good time but not walk off feeling that I regret the money spent. Thanks for the time that anyone gives in answering these concernes
First I do beleive the Inspiration is heading in for a makeover this fall; but I believe that many changes are going to be made before the ship is in dry dock - so some updates may be present on your August cruise - maybe another CM has the inside info on this issue as the Carnival website doesn' t have much info

it seems like all cruise ships and hotels have thin walls, don't believe it is specific to this ship alone or this cruise line - I'm a light sleeper but I can tell you from being on Imagination and Fascination (similar ships) I had no problems at all with sound from adjoining cabins - just sounds from the anchor being dropped but we were in the very front of the ship.

I will be on the Inspiration at the end of this month so I may have some more answers for you re: the condition of the cabins...
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old May 2nd, 2007, 03:44 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Adias Angel - or anyone - Can you help with questions

Hi Cejay

She is a very clean ship. My BF is the clean freak in the relationship and he had 0 problems with her. We had no problems with noise through the walls even though we were on the floor with a lot of college spring break students.

The Inspiration is older and she needs some touch up work but I think you will still have a great time. Just remember she is not the ritz carlton she is more of a mid-range hotel If you are looking for the ritz then maybe a different boat is in order.

Coming away regretting the trip will be about what you are looking to get out of it. Are you looking for the romantic wedding anniversary or more of a just glad to be together out together in the Caribbean trip? Sure you can find quite places in the evening on the ship to watch the sun set over the water but the Inspiration is about having fun; playing silly games or watching shows.

Does any of this help? Carla
Old May 2nd, 2007, 04:25 PM
Passenger

Hey Carle, first thanks to you and Ms. Blackjack for the quick response. Okay to answer you questions. I am actually looking for more fun. I am a very shy, reserved, serious person and actually my husband, who pretty much chose this vacation, chose Carnival since it is a "fun ship" and everyone is making a fool of themselves so who cares if I do. As far as a midrange hotels do you mean Holiday Inn or something similar? That is all I ever stayed in. Once we had a more upscale motel for a football package and I felt very uncomfortable. Minibar prices are not for me. I guess a big concern is that since I have perused this website I have seen two posts that remarked on a "faint" smell of sewage from the bathrooms. I do have a very sensitive nose and as I have mentioned a slight compulsion about cleanliness. Also I have heard so much from others I know about the wonderful food they had and wanted to make sure that the food is up to the rave? I actually think Applebees and Red Lobster are good restaurants so something along that line will work for me. I have to say that I am a worrier so this is sending me into spaz attacks. I really just want to get away, have fun with my husband, and be away from the phones where my work, FAMILY (UGGH) and friends cannot reach me. I also want to feel that I got my monies worth since we did spend more than I think we should have. But husband jumped at the first thing and I just was not in the mood to argue. As I said it has actually been seven years since we have went anywhere other than maybe an extended weekend visit to see hubby's family.
Ms. Blackjack, I would appreciate your input after your trip. :evil:
Old May 2nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
Yeoman

You sure sound a lot like me. I am an engineering and I don't go fancy or girlish things

Your husband picked out a good boat for you to be on. If you have any issues at all just make sure to take them to the pursers desk. The staff was just amazing and will do anything to make it a great vacation for you.

Have a great anniversary and let us know how you like. They always say first time is the best Carla

PS watch for the social host, phillipe (sp?). My BF just thought he was the funniest thing.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 05:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

I will be going on the inspiration in 10 days, and it will be my 3rd time on her.
she a beautiful ship and alot of fun. your gunna have a great time.

I have never smelled any sewage. the rooms are very clean.

and the people that work on the ship is wonderful.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 05:48 PM
Passenger

You could bring a small fan for the noise. I sleep with one all year round and it helps drown out outside noise. Also for smells bring Frebreeze (sp) or Lysol they have it in new fragrances that smell good. Then if there is a smell you can spray until your heart is content. As far as the food you should be very surprised at the quality of the food if Red Lobster is good to you. ( nothing negative meant) They have great food and if you don't know what something is on the menu ask the waiter. I didn't know what prawns were and they are shrimp...

I've never been on that ship but do know you never have a perfect vacation anywhere and if you don't let the little things bother you it will be the best vacation you have ever had. Check the reviewed out on this board I am sure you will find more good ones than negative. Some people are hard to please.

Have fun and enjoy.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
Admiral

be sure to watch the pricing on Carnival's website if the price drops I do believe you can get credits/refunds - doesn't hurt to ask.

if you stay at Holiday Inn's and like Red Lobster; you will love the ship!

Also, re: food try the new things and if you don' t like you can get something else...
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:00 PM
Admiral

Hi Cejay; (My older daughter calls herself CeeJay!) The lovely Mrs. Jones and I sail Insperation on July 21st, and I'll make it a point to post when we return, and perhaps write a brief review. I agree with the others, that Insperation isn't the newest ship in the Carnival fleet, but she will be clean, and more importantly, she will be FUN. I have no doubt that if you go aboard with an open mind, and with having a great time at the forefront of your thoughts that's exactly what you will have.

See you aboard,

Ken