CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   What kind of shoes to wear on board the ship? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/332832-what-kind-shoes-wear-board-ship.html)

papa2cool May 5th, 2007 10:12 PM

What kind of shoes to wear on board the ship?

This may be a stupid question, but those are the kind I am good at. What kind of shoes are best to wear on the ship? Crocs, or some kind of tennis shoe, or sandles or what. My DW and I want to know for both the man and woman. Thanks for any input guys!

DMG70 May 5th, 2007 11:24 PM

My husband wears Crocs on the ship. Me & our daughter wear your basic Old Navy flip flops. I always take several pairs of shoes/sandals then wind up wearing the flip flops the whole time!

beach lover May 5th, 2007 11:27 PM

FLIP FLOPS, BABY!

Lou 123 May 6th, 2007 12:37 AM

I normally wear sandles and the DW wears flip flops.
You will see all types of foot wear..

Luanne Russo May 6th, 2007 12:41 AM

Whatever you decide on, make sure that they have some sort of traction. the decks are many times wet, and you will slide. I always wear sandals.

marvlgirl May 6th, 2007 01:52 AM

During the day I wear flip flops all day every day. Even in port.
I do bring dressy shoes for each outfit and try to coordinate them so I only have to bring a couple different pairs of shoes.

My DH wears flip flops all day also and brings his vans for the ports and one pr of dress shoes.

CarleneCruises May 6th, 2007 07:34 AM

I always wear my black nikes (flip flops) they are rubber soled work great, especially for the wet deck LOL

Robert6260 May 6th, 2007 02:58 PM

Deck Shoes.

mehawk May 7th, 2007 01:56 AM

Sometimes I wear sandals and other times I wear deck shoes.

trarecar May 7th, 2007 10:39 AM

Alright, I'll take one for the team.

What are deck shoes? LOL

dina May 7th, 2007 10:48 AM

You are going to be doing a whole lot of walking.. Take your most comfortable shoes that give your tired swollen feet room to expand.. I'm no joking here. I take flip flops and deck shoes.. (boating shoes Sperry's ). I take those to give my arch some support.

rosetattoo May 7th, 2007 10:54 AM

If you are planning on getting off the ship, whether by gangway or tender, flip flops can be a little unstable when you're walking down the gangway or down the ramp/stairs into a bobbing/weaving tender boat. A pair of sandals or sneakers are a little more sturdy. Also, if you plan on doing any snorkeling or swimming, water shoes are a good idea to bring along (especially for children). Lots of beach areas are very rocky and the boats that transport you to snorkeling sights are very slippery.

papa2cool May 7th, 2007 06:53 PM

Thanks trarecar, I wanted to know what they were too, but didn't want to be the one to ask :oops: And thanks to each and everyone of you who have/will post answers. There is a lot of knowledge here and I am going to siphone off a whole lot of it before we cruise for the first time!

AlaskanGrown May 7th, 2007 07:26 PM

i wear my teva sandles or my running shoes depending on my activity for the day. Just make sure they fit well and you can wear them all day if you dont want to make a special trip back to your cabin.

trarecar May 8th, 2007 01:08 AM

I didn't even think about water shoes while snorkeling.

Sigh... one more thing to pack. LOL

mehawk May 8th, 2007 04:13 AM

Deck shoes are canvas shoes with rubber soles. Usually black, blue or white. Long lasting