CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   HELP! Secret Doors on the Liberty? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/332843-help-secret-doors-liberty.html)

RAINA May 6th, 2007 01:56 AM

HELP! Secret Doors on the Liberty?

I have searched and searched and darn IT! I can't find the old post where someone was talking about doors at the end of certain hallways that let you out onto decks that hardly anyone ever uses? Did I just dream that? LOL I swear I read it here somewhere...we like to go and find places that are uncrowded...the Imagination had one on my floor (Verandah deck)...we just walked to the end of our hallway and opened a door and went out onto a deck that no one else ever used...anyone know? I just want to know what deck they are on so we know where to go!
Thanks!
Raina

Luanne Russo May 6th, 2007 11:44 AM

They are not so secret doors for the crew, because this is areas where the crew can go and get away from their work for awhile. LOL

RAINA May 6th, 2007 12:31 PM

Oh thanks Luanne...does this mean pax are not allowed out there then?
I didn't know! :-?

Luanne Russo May 6th, 2007 12:52 PM

Usually nothing is said, but it is for them.

Probably where you saw the "secret doors " thread was on another site. They are always talking about it, but not one has the foresight to tell what it really is.

I am sort of the straight laced, follow the rules type of person, so I generally try to advise the same.

I do see some serious situations with these secret places. If it is so secret, and there is not much traffic, and the crew knows about them, then what stops them from doing something to you or family, and it is your word against theirs.

Also, most of these places prevents passengers from getting to the front of the ship, so they can stand on the rail, and proclaim they are too "King of the world" (Titanic movie)

These threads are a good example of when board moderators do a huge disservice to it's members by not pointing this out. (Not Cruisemates)

I know, I know, I sound like a mom, but I would hate for something to happen to any one of you. Cruising is such a fun thing to do. It should also be safe.

Luanne

mehawk May 7th, 2007 12:59 AM

Shhhhhh! Secret doors LOL

AKcruiser May 8th, 2007 01:29 AM

You are right about the doors that lead outside at the bow of the ship. I'm not talking about the crew area. If you go forward on some of the stateroom floors there is a door there that leads out onto a deck that seldom has anyone on them. On the Victory it was from the upper deck on up. You can see the crew decks down below, but these decks weren't crew decks. There are oceanview rooms there that face outward on these decks.

AKcruiser

David148 May 8th, 2007 02:10 AM

I too would like to know about these doors or areas on the liberty! i found one myself on the Norwegian Majesty a few yrs back..nice spot to get away! i dont wanna go where we are not supposed to be..but if the door is not locked and does not say 'crew only' then i wanna find a new place to explore! :D

RAINA May 8th, 2007 09:00 PM

thanks AKcruiser...that's what I was looking for....looks like I will be doing some exploring!!
Raina

jlauntz May 8th, 2007 10:35 PM

I just returned from the liberty 4-28 cruise. I don't know of a secret door. If you go to deck 9, port side all the way foward you will see a door with a port hole shaped window. Go through that door and open the next heavy wooden door and you will come out onto the deck just above the bridge. It is a great spot to see the entire side of the ship as well as the crew deck below. It is also a great vantage point to watch the arrival and departure from port.

badknees May 9th, 2007 01:41 PM

I have always explored the ships pretty thoroughly. If a door says crew only or no admittance I don't use it. But if there is no designation on it I assume it is OK for me to use the door. I have had no problems so far.

IBCRUZIN' May 9th, 2007 09:22 PM

Isn't there a crew swimming pool on these ships? Where is that?

AKcruiser May 10th, 2007 01:53 AM

The crew pool and deck is in the bow area. You can't or should not get to this area. The doors should say either no admittance or crew only. You can see the pool from the forward decks that you get to from the decks with cabins. Usually these are from the Upper deck and up. Start at the upper deck and go all the way forward and then go through the wooden door with the port hole and then out the other door onto the deck.

AKcruiser
#12 Carnival cruise coming up Dec 30 on the Valor

Pamulla May 10th, 2007 07:33 AM

There are decks on the Freedom that you can get to by going forward on the Lido deck. The doors even have a little window in them.
There are even stairs so that you can go up to the Panorama deck and exit into the hallway by the cabins. I don't think they are secret but don't seem to be used by many people.

Ron May 10th, 2007 09:01 PM

Okay-- here's the " secret " regarding the " secret doors " on the Liberty and other ships-- ready?? They are plainly marked with invisible ink-- you have to have special glasses to see the invisible ink.
The glasses are only available from the pursers desk-- 3 pair at a time.
Better to try to get them very early or very late. Platinum members get priority.
Faint of heart types should not try to access the secret door areas. :wink: