CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Best drink? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/332956-best-drink.html)

trarecar May 7th, 2007 11:58 PM

Best drink?

Since we are on the subject of drinking LOL

What drink is a MUST HAVE with Carnival? Usually I am not a froo-froo drinker, but it's cruizin', baby! I want the silly umbrella and everything! But I won't turn down the really good mixes either.

So what should I try, and what's not worth it?

AlaskanGrown May 8th, 2007 02:12 AM

I find the best drink is the free one the bartender buys you after you have tipped him or her enough. But really it depends on the bartender making the drink, some can make great drinks while others make you want to spit it overboard!

mehawk May 8th, 2007 03:09 AM

I like the rum drinks outside but when inside, I drink the martinis

GroovyDeeDee May 8th, 2007 07:52 AM

Try the Drink of the Day every day! It's always tasty and fruity, and not something you will probably drink at home. I'm not a fruity rum drink person either, but like you said, it's cruzin!

My other new favorite is the "Miami Vice" I learned about it on the Pride. It's 1/2 strawberry daquarie, and 1/2 Pina Colada served side by side in a pretty glass with the whole fruit salad garnish thing. It's very pretty and delicious!

IBCRUZIN' May 8th, 2007 11:24 AM

Two really good ones are:

Fun Ship Special = rum, apricot brandy, amaretto, vodka, fruit juices (and some more stuff)

and

BBC = Banana, Baileys Cream Sherry, Coloda Mix and dark rum or vodka (usually rum)

I heard "Kiss on the Lips" was also a much have

KTbone May 8th, 2007 04:09 PM

The best drink is the one in your hand while you are on a crooz!

Try the drinks of the day, just remember to reuse you glass from the previous day, that way you only pay the refill price.

I'm right there with ya mehawk, DOD's taste better on deck, inside a nice 'tini or a Guiness goes down great. Now where is that waiter to take my drink order, I'm getting thursty. :D

IBCRUZIN' May 8th, 2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTbone
The best drink is the one in your hand while you are on a crooz!

Try the drinks of the day, just remember to reuse you glass from the previous day, that way you only pay the refill price.

I'm right there with ya mehawk, DOD's taste better on deck, inside a nice 'tini or a Guiness goes down great. Now where is that waiter to take my drink order, I'm getting thursty. :D

You can also get the drink of the day in a regular glass. that way you are not paying for all of those plastic "souvenir" glasses.

Irish Shark May 8th, 2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mehawk
I like the rum drinks outside but when inside, I drink the martinis

Make mine a double Grey Goose on the rocks! LOL

rosetattoo May 8th, 2007 05:54 PM

For me....a Ketel One Dirty Martini with 3 olives is perfect at dinner. During the day, I drink beer but Carnival doesn't carry the beer I drink on land so it is a challenge to find a beer I like. Fruity drinks/slushy drinks give me a headache and you never know how much alcohol is actually in that glass. I prefer hard liquor straight or on ice so I can see what I'm paying for.

Deni May 8th, 2007 08:04 PM

I liked the Miami Vice. It's half strawberry daiquiri and half pina colada!

Yummmy!!

Deni

Scott C May 8th, 2007 09:25 PM

After the late seating dinner a Grey Goose and Red Bull hits the spot. The Bloody Mary morning specials are good and cheap. 8) Miami Vice's ROCK!

lauriloo May 8th, 2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deni

Yummmy!!

Deni

Yes, I usually get Miami Vices too, but I wish they had more rum. You can order them with double rum but then they cost double too...

IBCRUZIN' May 8th, 2007 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauriloo
Quote:

Yummmy!!

Deni

Yes, I usually get Miami Vices too, but I wish they had more rum. You can order them with double rum but then they cost double too...

No it doesn't just smile sweetly and ask the bartender to put more liquor in the your drink. They don't turn you down and they don't charge you either.

lauriloo May 8th, 2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
Quote:

Originally Posted by lauriloo
Quote:

Yummmy!!

Deni

No it doesn't just smile sweetly and ask the bartender to put more liquor in the your drink. They don't turn you down and they don't charge you either.

I haven't quite learned how to use my feminine wiles to get better service. The times I asked for a double it was a female taking drink orders in the theater. I need to get better at that... and get more guys to buy me drinks, lol.

Bearkev May 8th, 2007 10:29 PM

Anything with Rum in it is good to me. To pick a favorite, I would have to say the Miami Vice also. Great...now I have a taste for one. :cry:

subtropic May 8th, 2007 11:44 PM

Miami Vice, Mango Tango, Bahama Mama, but not, I repeat NOT an Irish Car Bomb !

nvabill May 8th, 2007 11:49 PM

Re: Best drink?

Quote:

Originally Posted by trarecar

What drink is a MUST HAVE with Carnival? Usually I am not a froo-froo drinker, but it's cruizin', baby! I want the silly umbrella and everything! But I won't turn down the really good mixes either.

The free ones are the best! :roll:

GroovyDeeDee May 9th, 2007 12:31 AM

I'm joining in to cast my vote for the Miami Vice! I didn't ask for more rum, I guess I should have.

And for whoever suggested DOD in a regular glass, WHAT????!!!

It just doesn't taste the same without the cool carnival glass. I have a dishwasher full of them right now:) Now if only I had some of those cute little umbrellas . . .

DBXX May 9th, 2007 01:16 AM

Does anyone really ever get any free drinks?? Is this possible? Even with a great smile, lol....

Danielle

klawrence May 9th, 2007 09:34 AM

Miami Vice and Kiss on the Lips were my drink of choice on the Legend last month when I sailed. Also a good glass of white wine for me.

IBCRUZIN' May 9th, 2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroovyDeeDee
I'm joining in to cast my vote for the Miami Vice! I didn't ask for more rum, I guess I should have.

And for whoever suggested DOD in a regular glass, WHAT????!!!

It just doesn't taste the same without the cool carnival glass. I have a dishwasher full of them right now:) Now if only I had some of those cute little umbrellas . . .

It tastes the same!!!!!!hahahahahaha.

I usually will get my first drink in the carnival glass. After that I either refill it or I just get a regular glass.

Deni May 9th, 2007 01:26 PM

Get the souvenir glass your first drink on the ship. You can have it refilled all week. I have ours at home and in the summer I float around in my pool with drink in hand. It's not quite tha same but it works!

Deni

Skeeter1602 May 9th, 2007 05:43 PM

Re: Best drink?

Quote:

Originally Posted by trarecar

Morning drink special Bloody Marys are nice. Heck just any drink on a cruise is nice. You are on a cruise.............Cheers!!! LOL

Mark

mehawk May 9th, 2007 09:15 PM

Danielle, the drinks are free at the Captain's reception and if you are a past guest with Carnival, they are free at the past guest party.

Lou 123 May 9th, 2007 09:23 PM

I am more into the Mt Dew.. I know, real party animal! LOL