Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Karaoke song list

Since people come up with copies of menus, drink prices and Capers, I'm wondering if anyone has the karaoke song list or an idea what's on it? I might do it if I can practice a song ahead of time.

Carnival Fascination

Carnival Fascination: June 2004
Carnival Triumph: Halloween 2003
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Admiral

365 sing.com Or maybe sing 365.com. Either one has the lyrics of songs and you can print them out.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 8th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Passenger

They had a pretty good song list, but if your particular, you can download the karoake version of a song you like from itunes and burn it on a CD. Then you'd be set.
Old May 9th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Yeoman

Camp Carnival is having a talent contest so my 2 oldest granddaughters, age 8 and 10, have been rehearsing for weeks. They are singing a duet to a "Hannah Montana" song and have even worked out a dance routine (they both have been taking dance lessons for years). Should be a blast....
Old May 9th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Admiral

As an addicted karaoke person, I always carry my own cdgs.

The selections not only vary from ship to ship, but the songs sung over and over again have a tendency to get worn out. You have to remember that the karaoke host is only on that ship for 6 - 8 months, so no one is techinically "in charge" of keeping the selection up to date and in good shape.

I can say that every karaoke host has taken excellent care of my cgds.

Also know that the last 2 times I sailed on the Fantasy, the key control was still out of order. So I purchased software to rip, alter and burn the songs I have in the key I need them in. If you are pitch dependent, every ship (except the Fantasy) has had a working key control.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old May 9th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp
As an addicted karaoke person, I always carry my own cdgs.

The selections not only vary from ship to ship, but the songs sung over and over again have a tendency to get worn out. You have to remember that the karaoke host is only on that ship for 6 - 8 months, so no one is techinically "in charge" of keeping the selection up to date and in good shape.

I can say that every karaoke host has taken excellent care of my cgds.

Also know that the last 2 times I sailed on the Fantasy, the key control was still out of order. So I purchased software to rip, alter and burn the songs I have in the key I need them in. If you are pitch dependent, every ship (except the Fantasy) has had a working key control.
I am not a Karaoke fan (I can't sing at all. Fingers on the chalkboard comes to mind) But my girlfriend is. She was not happy with the songlist on our Feb cruise on the Miracle. They had a contest that went on for 3 days, and she had to sing songs she wasn't good at. She does any song by Evanescence so well that you would think she was the lead singer there on the boat for vacation. They didn't have any on their list. She could also be mistaken for Pat Benatar........nope only one song available. She ended up trying fake it with songs she never did. She still made it to the second day.
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Admiral

lhp is right,,,the song list varies from ship to ship. Also, the expertise of the karaoke host varies from ship to ship, and some are much better at adjusting the volume and balance than others. (we just sailed the Liberty, and that host was awful! She had the volume so loud that it blew everyone out of the room!) All of the Carnival ships I've sailed recently allowed the playing of your own CDG's, so if there's something that you expecially enjoy singing, and you have the disk, by all means take it with you. Carnival is also hosting the "Legends Show" and it's a lot of fun, so I'd recommend partaking in that if you're so inclined. You'll have a ball!

See you aboard,

Ken