Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
They did get rid of the "topless" deck, but only a handful of people actually used it, so for the general population of the ship, that may be better.
I just returned on the Carnival Legend April 9th and can tell you the "topless deck" is alive and well!

Bill
Old May 11th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

Mike I agree....
Thanks,
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old May 11th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inis46
I just got flamed (as usual) on another cruise message board (why do I keep going back there anyway???) just because I posted on a thread about the singing waiters in the dining room. Everyone was bashing them and threatening to write corporate if they continue having them. I personally see nothing wrong with them, maybe if I took 10 cruises a year, I might get a little tired of it but overall I enjoy the playfulness and laughter of it all. AKcruiser, I remember sailaway on the Celebration, in fact, that was the last time I took a cruise...lol. I am SO ready for our family cruise next month!

Did you go back to CC? I thought you were through with them!!! Hahahahaha. That is the only cruise board where your humble opinion "is dem der fightin' words"!!
, I sneaked in the back door to see if they were still talking about me then I tested the waters to see if I get the same reactions....yep, the same, what schmucks.....
Old May 11th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Passenger

I thought the singing waiters were GREAT. They always brought a smile to everyone's faces. Next time look around and see the smiles. They were fantastic.
Old May 11th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just got flamed (as usual) on another cruise message board (why do I keep going back there anyway???) just because I posted on a thread about the singing waiters in the dining room. Everyone was bashing them and threatening to write corporate if they continue having them. I personally see nothing wrong with them, maybe if I took 10 cruises a year, I might get a little tired of it but overall I enjoy the playfulness and laughter of it all. AKcruiser, I remember sailaway on the Celebration, in fact, that was the last time I took a cruise...lol. I am SO ready for our family cruise next month!

Did you go back to CC? I thought you were through with them!!! Hahahahaha. That is the only cruise board where your humble opinion "is dem der fightin' words"!!
, I sneaked in the back door to see if they were still talking about me then I tested the waters to see if I get the same reactions....yep, the same, what schmucks.....
Hey which forum is that under?
Old May 11th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

hahahahahahahaha!!! I am laughing so loud!!!! Did you get them to talk bad about you!!! I thought I was the only one!!! hahahahahaha!!!!!

You have to tell me your old CC name!!! What did they say about you??

Too Funny!!! You need to stay out of that mess. What did someone call them? The WWF of cruise forum boards!!!

They are out of control. Is GC still queen of all that cruise Carnival???

Hahahahahahahaha I don't go near that place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 11th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvabill
Hey which forum is that under?[/quote]

I don't want to use this particular forum board's name but it is the biggest one on the internet with the initials CC. It is out of control and the moderators have no way to rein it back in. They have been losing members in droves.

CM is a nice, warm and fuzzy place to live cruising. There are none of the ugliness here that exist over at that "other website".

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 11th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Yeoman

Thanks, I know what you are talking about now.
Old May 11th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Admiral

I leave THIS Sunday on the Valor and I'm hoping for a civilized crowd in that I don't jive well with the party animals. Perhaps I'm one of those prospective cruisers with whom Carnival is catering to increasingly. I for one think class should be inseparable from a cruise-ship.
Why would anyone wish to on a week's vacation with inebriates?
Still I think Carnival is more uninhibited "fun" that some others. Singing waiters are tacky, but I love their showmanship anyway. Wacky pool games are fine as well. Last year, I enjoyed the red, white, and blue teams game. I was red team all the way!
Next week or so, upon my return I shall post my remarks on this alleged "new Carnival" trend. Perhaps it's "Much ado about Nothing" as Shakespeare once wrote.

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old May 11th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
I leave THIS Sunday on the Valor and I'm hoping for a civilized crowd in that I don't jive well with the party animals. Perhaps I'm one of those prospective cruisers with whom Carnival is catering to increasingly. I for one think class should be inseparable from a cruise-ship.
Why would anyone wish to on a week's vacation with inebriates?
Still I think Carnival is more uninhibited "fun" that some others. Singing waiters are tacky, but I love their showmanship anyway. Wacky pool games are fine as well. Last year, I enjoyed the red, white, and blue teams game. I was red team all the way!
Next week or so, upon my return I shall post my remarks on this alleged "new Carnival" trend. Perhaps it's "Much ado about Nothing" as Shakespeare once wrote.
I have found that no matter how rowdy the crowd the ship is big and you can find peace and quiet if you want it.
Old May 11th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Admiral

The atmosphere on the 3/4 night cruises and the 7+ night cruises is like day and night at times. The short cruises are the younger crowds, the people that want to jam a week's worth of partying into 3 nights. The people on a strict financial or time budget.

The longer cruises are for people who want to unpack and move into their cabins for a week and stay a spell. I have done both and because I have so many more days to have fun, I don't need to rev up the fun engine to 1000 every moment of every day on my 7 days cruises. I can party today, not tomorrow, not the next day and still have 4 days to party. On a short cruise you only have those 3/4 days.

Now, the 3/4 days are getting popular for young families and seniors that are in-between cruises but want to get away for a minute. There is also a growing segment of foreigners (Latin Americans and Europeans) who come the America, do the Disney/Florida vacation thing and then want to experience a Caribbean cruise for just a few days. These are the people that will leave $1,000 behind on their sail and sign card at the end of a 4 nighter. The 20 somethings have no intention on spending that kind of money.

Also Carnival wants to quietly sneak up on RCCL market share. I won't be surprised to see a rock climbing wall and a ice skating rink on one of Carnival's ships in the very near future. However, at the same token, RCCL is trying to attract a more livelier set also to bite into Carnival's market.

The fact that the F-deck is being replaced with mini-golf speaks volumes.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old May 11th, 2007, 08:50 PM
First Mate

Default OLD VS NEW

To each his or her own, some like noise some like silence. This is our 6th cuise and we make of it what we want.To me its having fun, being away from the daily grind, eat sleep and what ever you want to do.Everything changes for the good or the bad IF we like it we do it if we dont stay out of it. OR we can try to change it.
Bob
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

hahahahahahahaha!!! I am laughing so loud!!!! Did you get them to talk bad about you!!! I thought I was the only one!!! hahahahahaha!!!!!

You have to tell me your old CC name!!! What did they say about you??

Too Funny!!! You need to stay out of that mess. What did someone call them? The WWF of cruise forum boards!!!

They are out of control. Is GC still queen of all that cruise Carnival???

Hahahahahahahaha I don't go near that place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
, yep the WWF of forum boards...I remember someone posting that. Cracked me up too!
This is the one that I got in trouble for....do you remember a thread wondering if "Amish take cruises?", well, it was a very boring night so I started the thread. Some of us were having a little fun with it, one guy even asked me, "Now just where to you think they'd park the horse and buggy?" , we were all up in the wee hours of the morn, so I guess we thought we were having a good time, but someone named "Lizardhowson" or something like that didn't. So she flamed me (calling me stupid,etc) and of course I couldn't just let it end there and came back with.....
"So Lizardhowson (is that an Amish name?)", and I made a short comment about her lack of having a sense of humor and that was that. Maybe the thread was a little insensitive but we explored the topic and come to find out, some have seen Amish on cruises. I really think they meant Mennonites, but that's another story...
Anyway, don't bother looking up the thread....it got deleted soon after... :o
This cruise forum is so much better than that other. See, bigger isn't always best! Thanks to the mods here that seem to have it all together and the job that they have to do. The atmosphere here is so much more relaxed and friendly!

P.S. I like the singing waiters too! My grandkids will love them too on their "first ever cruise" next month. I can see their faces now when the first song and entrance begins....

They are out of control. Is GC still queen of all that cruise Carnival???.....
Yep, her and a few others.....
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Admiral

One of my many that got me into trouble was one when some guy posted a thread asking if anyone on the board had found his wedding ring b/c he left it in his cabin and he wanted to ask the people on that board if they found it to email him.

I asked him why in the world was he posting on a forum board and not in contact with the ship. Well one thing led to another and the bullys on the board had a field day with me. After that I realized that there were not normal people with a little free time but people that truly believed that board was a real world and that everyone who cruised was a member. It scared me so I sent an email requesting that the mgr of the board remove all of my personal info including my past and future cruises. I heard they talked about me for a while and assumed that I got banned. I guess the powers that be was not going to post that I had requested my information be removed. I get the impression that GC and a few others must work from home b/c they are always on that board and have such a high post count. These are people who obviously were the invisible people in real life and have finally found someplace where they can be "popular" and they do not know how to act. It is not normal to have that level of anger all the time. Last time I was there GC was up to 31,000 posts. I can only imagine how many they have now.

By the way, I sent you a PM, go read it and respond.

Ha! hahahaha.

You should really stay out of that place. There is something wrong with those people.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Yeoman

IBCruizin', yep, I got your email and responded. How true, how true what you just wrote here. I might spend a little more time on the 'ol puter than I should but I can think of worse vices...lol.
BTW, I remember that thread very well and you wrote nothing that should have gotten you flamed (IF you were dealing with NORMAL ppl, that is). I might get flamed here too, but if I do, for some reason I feel if it is done here, it's NOT because they hate my guts.
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Admiral

Quote:
IBCruizin', yep, I got your email and responded. How true, how true what you just wrote here. I might spend a little more time on the 'ol puter than I should but I can think of worse vices...lol.
BTW, I remember that thread very well and you wrote nothing that should have gotten you flamed (IF you were dealing with NORMAL ppl, that is). I might get flamed here too, but if I do, for some reason I feel if it is done here, it's NOT because they hate my guts.
Well because one of the moderators were one of the main culprits, it made me nervous. These boards can trace you by your IP address and since these people seem to have a "living" hatred of the handle that I used, I felt it best that I leave them alone. I wanted to go away. I do not want those nuts to trace me and become stalkers in real life or on cyberspace. That has happened on that board also. The mgrs are trying to pull it back in but it is too late, the flavor of that place has already been established and short of shutting it down for a while, nothing will ever make it what these other smaller boards are -- simply a place to talk about cruising as much as we want.

I responded to your PM again

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old May 12th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Admiral

I also remember the sail away party on Carnival. It was used to razz the other more staid lines (especially HAL for some reason) when leaving the embarkation point. To each his / her own dept. - I still am amazed that cruisers remember and have preferences for CDs on different ships. This is beyond me but that's my opinion !
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old May 12th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

I have only sailed Carnival. What type of thing do the other cruise lines do for activities that you would like to see Carnival do?
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old May 13th, 2007, 11:00 AM
First Mate

NONE, CCL better just stay the way they are. Good prices and you can do whater turns you on. We figured our tickets for the ice show on a certain cruise line was $800 won't do that again.
Old May 13th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Yeoman

I absolutely love Carnival, as you can see, but on the horizon I want to try Royal Caribbean, Holland America & Princess. 8)
Old May 16th, 2007, 01:07 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

Comment cards.
Past Cruises: Explorer of the Seas 2008 Explorer of the Seas 2007 Carnival Victory 2007 Explorer of the Seas 2006 Legend 2005 Miracle 2004 Disney Wonder 2004; Pride 2003 Legend 2002 Disney Wonder 2002 Destiny 2001 Victory 2000 Triumph 1999 Jubilee 1998 Imagination 1997 Imagination 1996 Fascination 1995 Ecstasy 1993 Fantasy 1990 Jubilee 1990 NCL Seaward 1989 Jubilee 1988
Old May 23rd, 2007, 02:44 PM
Passenger

Quote:
One of my many that got me into trouble was one when some guy posted a thread asking if anyone on the board had found his wedding ring b/c he left it in his cabin and he wanted to ask the people on that board if they found it to email him.
.................................................. .............................

i would have had fun with a line of questioning regarding his taking it off in the first place
Old May 23rd, 2007, 02:52 PM
Passenger

wait , wait .....the waiters sing ? Unbelievable!

seriously i have experienced that and sometimes have fun with it and other times just ignore it .....

This next trip I cannot wait to get up and conga with them ....my pre-teen and teenage kids will be horrified! Although perhaps i can entice them to join in.

Others have mentioned this and I agree: the shorter cruises tend to be more of a booze cruise , while the longer ones tend to be more sedate (sometimes!). We are taking the kids on a 5 day cruise this summer. The schedule and the departure port worked out perfectly for us. I am hoping it is just long enough to get out of the booze cruise genre If not , oh the stories they will tell :

"and then when i was twelve my dad and stepmom took me on a cruise...."
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: What happened to Carnival???

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_langett
I was just watching videos from our prior Carnival cruises and noticed something. For some reason it seems that Carnival is getting extremely korny. On this past cruise I noticed some things that I could definatly do without, the color teams, etc. But I did not really notice it until I watched our prior videos.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THE DISTINCT CARNIVAL ATMOSPHERE???

Why don't they have elaborate sail away parties anymore??? Why don't they blast party music over the loudspeakers when we set sail?? What happened to the excitement? Whats with all the korny activities??? And WHY are they doing away with the adult only areas???

Wasn't Carnival the cruise line who made the industry what it is today? Or at least had a large part to do with it??

I miss my Carnival...will someone please bring it back??!!!
I just returned from the Valor this past Sunday and Carnival is STILL the same if not better. Plenty of laud music, excitement, activities to suit all taste, and oh yes the adult only areas are alive and well. This topless deck which is supposed to be history? NOT true...one can get away with being nude up there. ( not that I went nude )

/ticker.png">
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Yeoman

I told you so, why in the dickens do people keep saying Carnival did away with it? 8)
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I told you so, why in the dickens do people keep saying Carnival did away with it? 8)

It was widly posted on these boards that Carnival did away with the topless decks, and when we sailed the "Glory" at the end of Feb. I checked, and indeed all the signs were down, the warnings were down, and the chairs were all full of regular folks sunning. Therefore, I believed that "they" were right and all the topless decks were gong. Perhaps Carnival had a change of heart?????
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Quote:

It was widly posted on these boards that Carnival did away with the topless decks, and when we sailed the "Glory" at the end of Feb. I checked, and indeed all the signs were down, the warnings were down, and the chairs were all full of regular folks sunning. Therefore, I believed that "they" were right and all the topless decks were gong. Perhaps Carnival had a change of heart?????
I wonder if they got a lot of complaints so they brought it back?
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Admiral

[]

I wonder if they got a lot of complaints so they brought it back?[/quote]

That's my thought on the matter. I know I was sorry to see it go, as it was a place to go where you absolutely could get away from some of the screaming kids that sometimes take over the ship. It certainly wasn't any big deal to bring it back either. Just put all the signs back up, and the little chain across the "stairway to heaven".
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Admiral

re: removal of topless decks; did you notice that the time they "disappeared" was during spring break sailings..... maybe it was a way to keep a handle on things getting out of control or minimize complaints, etc (it seems the topless decks disappeared in mid-Feb and return in late April).
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Beginner

OK. This is my first post here, I just couln't help it. First let me say, I LOVE CARNIVAL! However, they are in my humble opinion, changing many of the reasons they were loved in the first place.

Wife and I are early 40's which is to say we are NOT DEAD YET!
We leave for our fifth Carnival Cruise next week and I really hope that the topless deck is alive and well.

We have also booked the Liberty in December and it will be our first experience with the new GIANT ON DECK TV SCREENS! If we wanted to watch or hear television, we'd stay home or go back to the cabin! I much prefer the soothing sound of a raggae band to go with my tanning and cocktails.

And yes, they should bring back the "Celebration" song on departure from port.

I love Carnival and hope they do not become the discount version of the Disney Cruise Lines.

Quote:
[]

I wonder if they got a lot of complaints so they brought it back?
That's my thought on the matter. I know I was sorry to see it go, as it was a place to go where you absolutely could get away from some of the screaming kids that sometimes take over the ship. It certainly wasn't any big deal to bring it back either. Just put all the signs back up, and the little chain across the "stairway to heaven". [/quote]