Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

I too really enjoy sailing Carnival, but on my last cruise I must say I was a little disappointment. I am in my late 40's but still like the "party" atmosphere. It takes me away for awhile from my life as soccer Mom, PTA member, Sober Grad Chairperson etc. and just everyday life hustle and bustle. On my last cruise on the Liberty, I also missed the sailing away party and "LIDO" deck per se. Most time when I went out to the LIDO deck there was a movie playing on the big screen (that no one was watching) and rarely was the Carribean band playing. I missed the Carribean band and my spot on the LIDO deck alot. I also didn't enjoy the shows as much either and I usually really enjoy them. Now don't get me wrong, this will not stop me from sailing Carnival. I have one booked right now for November. But I sure do miss the olden days.
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Captain

Langett, You're making me feel bad. My husband will be 60 & I'll be 56 in Nov. and Carnival is our favorite cruiseline. Mainly because they have more FUN. I think people tend to let their hair down a little more. I remember my first cruise the CD said. Go ahead and have a ball, You're never going to see any of these people again!" Now, if I'm reading you right you want me to go elsewhere Just remember "OLD" is 20 years older than whatever age you are.
I love watching and interacting with all the different ages on the ship, from the kids to great grandparents. I have found they all want the same thing, to have fun and to feel special. They just all achieve it in different ways.
Hope to cruise with you soon
ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdtolman
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
One of my many that got me into trouble was one when some guy posted a thread asking if anyone on the board had found his wedding ring b/c he left it in his cabin and he wanted to ask the people on that board if they found it to email him.
.................................................. .............................

i would have had fun with a line of questioning regarding his taking it off in the first place
That was my point. I figured he took his ring off to appear "available" and lost it somewhere. His wife was stewing and he was showing her that he was making an effort to find it by posting on that board. How ridiculous.

I did have a good time laughing at him though.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Yeoman

Hey! Why aren't you packing???
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Admiral

Default Re: What happened to Carnival???

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvabill
I told you so, why in the dickens do people keep saying Carnival did away with it? 8)

It was widly posted on these boards that Carnival did away with the topless decks, and when we sailed the "Glory" at the end of Feb. I checked, and indeed all the signs were down, the warnings were down, and the chairs were all full of regular folks sunning. Therefore, I believed that "they" were right and all the topless decks were gong. Perhaps Carnival had a change of heart?????
Looks like the went from a topless area to "adults only" which equates to the same thing in fact.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">
Old May 25th, 2007, 06:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

My first cruise with Carnival on Festivale in 1983 was almost enough to make me say "NO MORE, NEVER AGAIN" All week there were obnoxious drunks everywhere. Even one man passed out in the lobby with empty wine bottles on the floor beside him. The next year on the Mardi Gras was much the same. For a few years I tried other lines and did land tours. I got back to Carnival in 89 for a cruise on Celebration. I noticed changes small but for the better. Not as much emphasis on drinking. For a few years in the 90's I had family responsibilities so did not travel at all. I finally got to cruise again in 2003. We were on Carnival Spirit. I was thoroughly impressed. A nice cruise no obnoxious drunks. Plenty to do for all people, singles and families. Huge improvements in service and food. This line had completely turned around. No longer the party boats. Doing outside sales for a local cruise agency I had many people tell me NO Carnival for us. Lately when I have heard that I tell them that if they have not tried Carnival in a while they should try again. There have been m any changes for the better. So far everyone I have told that to have come back to say they were impressed with the changes. I think this company delivers a great product with a diversity of activities to please everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 25th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inis46
Hey! Why aren't you packing???
Because I packed last Sunday. I am taking the really summer summer clothes and shoes so it is not anything I needed during this week. I have a lot of clothes.

I cleaned up my home this week also so I am free to relax until I leave Saturday morning. I get off of work early on Friday and will probably swing by the mall to catch a quick sale or two. Then it is off to beddy-bye so that I can wake up and start my vacation.

Happy Cruzin'

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 25th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
One of my many that got me into trouble was one when some guy posted a thread asking if anyone on the board had found his wedding ring b/c he left it in his cabin and he wanted to ask the people on that board if they found it to email him.
.................................................. .............................

i would have had fun with a line of questioning regarding his taking it off in the first place
That was my point. I figured he took his ring off to appear "available" and lost it somewhere. His wife was stewing and he was showing her that he was making an effort to find it by posting on that board. How ridiculous.

ROFL!!! that's exactly what my wife said ....he was posting it on the board to appear genuine! WOW i wonder if his wife called him on that one?..... too funny.
Old May 25th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ROFL!!! that's exactly what my wife said ....he was posting it on the board to appear genuine! WOW i wonder if his wife called him on that one?..... too funny.
Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old June 11th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Beginner

I was on Fantasy on 5/28 out of New Orleans. Funnel deck signs now read "Adult Only", they took down the canvas that used to surround the deck and make it invisible to Lido deck below. My wife and our friends did not tan topless, as they would have been the only ones and in full view of everyone.

It's a sad, sad, thing......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
Quote:
Quote:
I told you so, why in the dickens do people keep saying Carnival did away with it? 8)

It was widly posted on these boards that Carnival did away with the topless decks, and when we sailed the "Glory" at the end of Feb. I checked, and indeed all the signs were down, the warnings were down, and the chairs were all full of regular folks sunning. Therefore, I believed that "they" were right and all the topless decks were gong. Perhaps Carnival had a change of heart?????
Looks like the went from a topless area to "adults only" which equates to the same thing in fact.
Old June 11th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Cruise_Dude
I was on Fantasy on 5/28 out of New Orleans. Funnel deck signs now read "Adult Only", they took down the canvas that used to surround the deck and make it invisible to Lido deck below. My wife and our friends did not tan topless, as they would have been the only ones and in full view of everyone.

It's a sad, sad, thing......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
Quote:
Quote:

According to Carnival they did do away with them for a short time anyway.... I am one that used the topless deck but, I am a guy.. My wife wouldn't join me for some reason...
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Captain

I've been on 3 different cruise lines, and Carnival is still my favorite. There REALLY is more to do on a Carnival ship. I think Carnival tries really hard to make sure you enjoy your cruise. Don't get me wrong.......I love cruising and have enjoyed the other two cruise lines, also. I JUST LOVE TO CRUISE!!!

Happy cruising to all!!

Libragirl (Mary)