CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   someone i met onboard the Elation (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/333141-someone-i-met-onboard-elation.html)

the goddess Pandora May 12th, 2007 05:55 AM

someone i met onboard the Elation

hi, my friends and i went on a cruise on the Carnival Elation last month and i met a goodlooking crew there...well, since it was my first time on a cruise ship, i was little shy of asking this guy for personal information that i might use after i cruise...can somebody help me? this guy's name is himmler from Elation....

thanks

Luanne Russo May 12th, 2007 02:32 PM

Information is not likely. The company safely guards the crew info, as they should for their own sake. Glad you had a good time.

Fern May 12th, 2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
Information is not likely. The company safely guards the crew info, as they should for their own sake. Glad you had a good time.

Luanne is correct. Unless someone gives you their private info (email, snail mail, etc.), you won't be able to contact them. Keep in mind that the job of the crew is to make you happy. Once you're gone, their job is to make the next passenger happy! You may feel that you had a "connection" with a crew member, but it's probably just them doing their job :( .

You can try posting on the "Crew Members" board here, but please don't hold your breath :shock: !

(Disclaimer: There is ONE person who posts here who married a crew member she met onboard-this is definetely an exception to the rule LOL .)

mehawk May 13th, 2007 06:24 AM

Whoa! I would definitely walk away while I still could. :shock:

the goddess Pandora May 13th, 2007 11:26 AM

yeah, well...great!...i should probably listen to you guys, since you know from experience, i'm just being naive...

thanks for the help and advice...already working hard for my next cruise!...can't wait! :D

Mary49 May 14th, 2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the goddess Pandora
yeah, well...great!...i should probably listen to you guys, since you know from experience, i'm just being naive...

thanks for the help and advice...already working hard for my next cruise!...can't wait! :D

Hi Pandora, I know it's hard to accept you might not hear from him but it's also true with the entertainers. I became friendly with one member from a rock and roll band on the Miracle and we exchanged e-mails; phone numbers. I've seen them once before and was pleasantly surprised to see them again. He actually took the time and looked me up on the computer and remembered that I was on the Triumph with them two years ago and welcomed me back from the stage. I was quite impressed with that. I did have to tell him though he didn't have to say it everynight. It was cute though. They do tend to make you feel special. But like they say you don't hear anything from them. It's just the way it is on a cruise. Their life is so much different than ours. But don't laugh, i did book another cruise with them (hopefully) in October. Just to have some fun. LOL Take care Mary49

michellet1959 May 14th, 2007 11:41 AM

Remember the crew is there to do a job, and part of that job means being nice to the guests. Don't EVER look for a personal relationship with someone who works where you are on vacation and they happen to work there. Have a nice harmless flirtation and leave it at that! No harm done! Dont' give out your personal information either!

I had a similar flirtatoin in my younger days (I was 20) while up at a resort with my family in Wisconsin. This guy who worked there was the cutest! Tall, dark and sexy, instand chemistry between us. That is, up till the last couple of days we were there, when he tried to convince me to go up to his room in the attic. We held hands and kissed out on the veranda when he was off work and hung out at the beach, but I never let it go further than that. I never saw him with anyone else while I was there, but I'm sure he had another girl on his arm right after I left. I wasn't looking for anything. The kissing and hugging were really nice!!!!!

linuxpm May 14th, 2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellet1959
Remember the crew is there to do a job, and part of that job means being nice to the guests. Don't EVER look for a personal relationship with someone who works where you are on vacation and they happen to work there. Have a nice harmless flirtation and leave it at that! No harm done! Dont' give out your personal information either!

I had a similar flirtatoin in my younger days (I was 20) while up at a resort with my family in Wisconsin. This guy who worked there was the cutest! Tall, dark and sexy, instand chemistry between us. That is, up till the last couple of days we were there, when he tried to convince me to go up to his room in the attic. We held hands and kissed out on the veranda when he was off work and hung out at the beach, but I never let it go further than that. I never saw him with anyone else while I was there, but I'm sure he had another girl on his arm right after I left. I wasn't looking for anything. The kissing and hugging were really nice!!!!!

That was you? I thought that you sounded familiar.

Brian

michellet1959 May 14th, 2007 12:09 PM

no, it can't be! what city di y ou live in live at the time you were there, and what was the name of the resort? this would be quite a coincidence!

mehawk May 14th, 2007 01:15 PM

Brian... :D

michellet1959 May 14th, 2007 01:27 PM

well lets wait and see, if this WAS the Brian I met and hung out with for a week, he'll post the resort name. :) in one of my old photo albums, I have a photo of us on the veranda.. I think someone else who worked there might have taken it.

mehawk May 14th, 2007 01:33 PM

Again.... Brian... LOL

linuxpm May 14th, 2007 02:55 PM

Nah - It wasn't me. I'm not that good looking...

michellet1959 May 14th, 2007 02:56 PM

aw.... oh well!

Elaine515 May 14th, 2007 04:19 PM

Re: someone i met onboard the Elation

Quote:

Originally Posted by the goddess Pandora
hi, my friends and i went on a cruise on the Carnival Elation last month and i met a goodlooking crew there...well, since it was my first time on a cruise ship, i was little shy of asking this guy for personal information that i might use after i cruise...can somebody help me? this guy's name is himmler from Elation....

thanks

Not that I'd recommend it, but if you're anything like most of us, we don't usually listen with our head, SOOOOOOO with that said, this is what I suggest you do....

Write him a letter and mail it directly to the cruise line with % Carnival Elation, Himmler.... (unfortunately I don't know the address). See if you get a response....

mehawk May 15th, 2007 07:38 AM

Elaine515... I just had a picture in my head about mailing that letter to the Elation.... a note in a bottle with a cork floating at sea. LOL