Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2007, 04:55 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to the goddess Pandora
Default someone i met onboard the Elation

hi, my friends and i went on a cruise on the Carnival Elation last month and i met a goodlooking crew there...well, since it was my first time on a cruise ship, i was little shy of asking this guy for personal information that i might use after i cruise...can somebody help me? this guy's name is himmler from Elation....

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Information is not likely. The company safely guards the crew info, as they should for their own sake. Glad you had a good time.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 12th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
Information is not likely. The company safely guards the crew info, as they should for their own sake. Glad you had a good time.
Luanne is correct. Unless someone gives you their private info (email, snail mail, etc.), you won't be able to contact them. Keep in mind that the job of the crew is to make you happy. Once you're gone, their job is to make the next passenger happy! You may feel that you had a "connection" with a crew member, but it's probably just them doing their job .

You can try posting on the "Crew Members" board here, but please don't hold your breath !

(Disclaimer: There is ONE person who posts here who married a crew member she met onboard-this is definetely an exception to the rule .)

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old May 13th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Admiral

Whoa! I would definitely walk away while I still could.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 13th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to the goddess Pandora

yeah, well...great!...i should probably listen to you guys, since you know from experience, i'm just being naive...

thanks for the help and advice...already working hard for my next cruise!...can't wait!
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by the goddess Pandora
yeah, well...great!...i should probably listen to you guys, since you know from experience, i'm just being naive...

thanks for the help and advice...already working hard for my next cruise!...can't wait!
Hi Pandora, I know it's hard to accept you might not hear from him but it's also true with the entertainers. I became friendly with one member from a rock and roll band on the Miracle and we exchanged e-mails; phone numbers. I've seen them once before and was pleasantly surprised to see them again. He actually took the time and looked me up on the computer and remembered that I was on the Triumph with them two years ago and welcomed me back from the stage. I was quite impressed with that. I did have to tell him though he didn't have to say it everynight. It was cute though. They do tend to make you feel special. But like they say you don't hear anything from them. It's just the way it is on a cruise. Their life is so much different than ours. But don't laugh, i did book another cruise with them (hopefully) in October. Just to have some fun. Take care Mary49
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:41 AM
First Mate

Remember the crew is there to do a job, and part of that job means being nice to the guests. Don't EVER look for a personal relationship with someone who works where you are on vacation and they happen to work there. Have a nice harmless flirtation and leave it at that! No harm done! Dont' give out your personal information either!

I had a similar flirtatoin in my younger days (I was 20) while up at a resort with my family in Wisconsin. This guy who worked there was the cutest! Tall, dark and sexy, instand chemistry between us. That is, up till the last couple of days we were there, when he tried to convince me to go up to his room in the attic. We held hands and kissed out on the veranda when he was off work and hung out at the beach, but I never let it go further than that. I never saw him with anyone else while I was there, but I'm sure he had another girl on his arm right after I left. I wasn't looking for anything. The kissing and hugging were really nice!!!!!
Old May 14th, 2007, 11:01 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellet1959
Remember the crew is there to do a job, and part of that job means being nice to the guests. Don't EVER look for a personal relationship with someone who works where you are on vacation and they happen to work there. Have a nice harmless flirtation and leave it at that! No harm done! Dont' give out your personal information either!

I had a similar flirtatoin in my younger days (I was 20) while up at a resort with my family in Wisconsin. This guy who worked there was the cutest! Tall, dark and sexy, instand chemistry between us. That is, up till the last couple of days we were there, when he tried to convince me to go up to his room in the attic. We held hands and kissed out on the veranda when he was off work and hung out at the beach, but I never let it go further than that. I never saw him with anyone else while I was there, but I'm sure he had another girl on his arm right after I left. I wasn't looking for anything. The kissing and hugging were really nice!!!!!
That was you? I thought that you sounded familiar.

Brian

Sensation
Old May 14th, 2007, 11:09 AM
First Mate

no, it can't be! what city di y ou live in live at the time you were there, and what was the name of the resort? this would be quite a coincidence!
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Admiral

Brian...

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:27 PM
First Mate

well lets wait and see, if this WAS the Brian I met and hung out with for a week, he'll post the resort name. in one of my old photo albums, I have a photo of us on the veranda.. I think someone else who worked there might have taken it.
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Admiral

Again.... Brian...

Old May 14th, 2007, 01:55 PM
First Mate

Nah - It wasn't me. I'm not that good looking...

Sensation
Old May 14th, 2007, 01:56 PM
First Mate

aw.... oh well!
Old May 14th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: someone i met onboard the Elation

Quote:
Originally Posted by the goddess Pandora
hi, my friends and i went on a cruise on the Carnival Elation last month and i met a goodlooking crew there...well, since it was my first time on a cruise ship, i was little shy of asking this guy for personal information that i might use after i cruise...can somebody help me? this guy's name is himmler from Elation....

thanks
Not that I'd recommend it, but if you're anything like most of us, we don't usually listen with our head, SOOOOOOO with that said, this is what I suggest you do....

Write him a letter and mail it directly to the cruise line with % Carnival Elation, Himmler.... (unfortunately I don't know the address). See if you get a response....
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Elaine515... I just had a picture in my head about mailing that letter to the Elation.... a note in a bottle with a cork floating at sea.