Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2007, 09:22 AM
First Mate

Default ever book cruise, hotel & air through AAA?

wondering if anyone gets a great deal booking through AAA motor club. They seem to offerit all and was wondering, for anyone who used them,if they got you a great deal.
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Familiar Face

I have never used AAA but I shopped around for my April cruise and found a significant difference between prices on Travelocity and Expedia. We booked with Travelocity and everything was great. We added transfers later and got a new set of tickets. Saw no problem.
I understand that Carnival will honor any price, so if you book with Carnival and find the price cheaper elsewhere, they will drop you price . Correct me if I am wrong.

Carnival Freedom/4-2007

Free Cruise Clocks
Old May 13th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Admiral

Yes, we booked through AAA once, but when we wanted to book NCL our AAA TA wouldn't do it! She said we wouldn't like NCL. (I'd done my "homework" on here and thought we would.) Later I found that NCL wasn't paying as much commission as other lines.

We found another (wonderful!) TA who was more than happy to book our cruise, after finding out that we knew what we were booking.

I'd check with AAA, a "brick and mortar" TA, an (any recommended on CM's) online TA, and the cruiseline directly before I'd make a decision.

This seems like a lot of work, but it will pay off .

Yes, on any cruiseline (as far as I know) if the price of the cruise goes down before final payment you can get the lower price. You may find a TA who will offer some OBC or some other incentives, but this doesn't count .

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:30 AM
First Mate

thanks everyone, I'll keep this all in mind the next time I book a cruise. This time I went through a TA for the cruise, hotel and car but with American Airlines directly as I used frequent flyer miles. I was told by my TA that I would have to deal directly with them because of that. I assume that would also be the case with AAA. Hopefully AAA can get good deals?
Old May 28th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kccruisin'

I've booked 2 cruises with AAA and they promise to meet or beat the lowest price; I guess that's been the case because I've looked around and they did quote me the lowest price I could find Another advantage is the travel insurance they offer. I learned from my AAA travel agent that I could purchase insurance for my cruise through them. It was cheaper and offered more benefits! Carnival charges $69/person for the 3 of us. With AAA's insurance it was $96 + 5.00 processing fee for comprehensive coverage.
Old May 29th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Beginner

I booked our Alaska Glacier Bay cruise through AAA. I was satisfied with the price offered to us.

I've used their website to book lodging, figure mileage, and book air travel. Been more than satisfied every time.

MountainGal