Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel
Default New E-ticket for Carnival sailings

I am curious, how many of you would use the new option of e-documents for your cruise ticket and how many would stick with paper.

I am torn, e-document or paper.....If I go with paper ticket you can still see your flight info up to 75 days prior to sailing, which is handy since not all of us have an easy way to get to the airport, that and it would be nice to know what ghastly hour of the day the flight leaves (so far I've discovered that most of the flights leave before 8am on weekdays for Miami).

I'll be making final payment next week, even though I have almost 5 weeks before final is due (I sail in 125 days). I am eager to get it all paid for so I can get even more psyched to go...

[link=http://www.iberostar.info][image noborder]http://www.iberostar.info/ticker/image.php?code=0XT1324206XXXCaribbean Cruise[/image][/link]

Holiday 1991
Victory 2001
Triumph Sept 2007
Conquest Feb (ish) 2008

Please let the ticker work....
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: New E-ticket for Carnival sailings

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedangel
I am curious, how many of you would use the new option of e-documents for your cruise ticket and how many would stick with paper.

I am torn, e-document or paper.....If I go with paper ticket you can still see your flight info up to 75 days prior to sailing, which is handy since not all of us have an easy way to get to the airport, that and it would be nice to know what ghastly hour of the day the flight leaves (so far I've discovered that most of the flights leave before 8am on weekdays for Miami).

I'll be making final payment next week, even though I have almost 5 weeks before final is due (I sail in 125 days). I am eager to get it all paid for so I can get even more psyched to go...

[link=http://www.iberostar.info][image noborder]http://www.iberostar.info/ticker/image.php?code=0XT1324206XXXCaribbean Cruise[/image][/link]

Holiday 1991
Victory 2001
Triumph Sept 2007
Conquest Feb (ish) 2008

Please let the ticker work....
I would love if Carnival would begin using e tickets, after all this is the 21st century! 8)
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Navabill,
You got your wish On your next cruise, you can choose E-docs or paper.
I'm going to stay with paper for my Sept. 22 cruise. But I am going e-docs for the 27'th cruise. (back to back )

Misguidedangel- For this cruise, stay with paper if you choose to. The only difference is, If you go with e-docs, you can print your doc's alot sooner. Then the doc dance begins alittle sooner.

Happy Sailing to all;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

I'll wait to hear the complaints about it first......once any problems are worked out, then I would use it
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old May 14th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Admiral

for my 05/26/07 cruise, I got my paper docs in the mail a while ago. This morning I printed out my e-documents.

My only concern with e-docs is that the luggage tag will only be made out of paper. How will this stand the rigors of being transported from your hands to the porters to the crew to your cabin?

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 14th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
for my 05/26/07 cruise, I got my paper docs in the mail a while ago. This morning I printed out my e-documents.

My only concern with e-docs is that the luggage tag will only be made out of paper. How will this stand the rigors of being transported from your hands to the porters to the crew to your cabin?
not sure if it is the same on Carnival as with Royal Carribbean but you can get luggage tags at the port that aren't paper but card stock or whatever they use. - I for one would really miss seeing the colored luggage tags ---
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
Quote:

not sure if it is the same on Carnival as with Royal Carribbean but you can get luggage tags at the port that aren't paper but card stock or whatever they use. - I for one would really miss seeing the colored luggage tags ---
I printed my e-docs on a color printers so my luggage tags are in color.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Captain

If you print your luggage tags on Photo stock paper they will be much heavier. Just a thought.
Gary
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old May 14th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryI
If you print your luggage tags on Photo stock paper they will be much heavier. Just a thought.
Gary
I thought about that. I am doing this at work. I will take it down to the duplicating department and see what they can do for me. Perhaps they can laminate the copies.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryI
Gary
I thought about that. I am doing this at work. I will take it down to the duplicating department and see what they can do for me. Perhaps they can laminate the copies.
good idea !!! but I got my luggage tags with tickets before I ever printed my e-ticket, so I am going with them.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old May 15th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

Good idea laminating the paper luggage tags!

I was afraid to try it in fear of it ripping off and losing my luggage somehow. Although I always have a regular luggage tag on there too.
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old May 15th, 2007, 08:15 AM
First Mate

E-Docs only way to fly anymore. For your luggage tags put heavy paper in your printer. Punch hole and put tape over the hole to make it stronger.
You get everything you need and you can check for any problems long before your sail date.
Old May 15th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman
E-Docs only way to fly anymore. For your luggage tags put heavy paper in your printer. Punch hole and put tape over the hole to make it stronger.
You get everything you need and you can check for any problems long before your sail date.
I'll let you know how it goes on our 9/27/07 sailing on the Fantasy. I'll be using the E-docs.

Happy Sailing to all ;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old May 15th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Admiral

I just elected to receive paper docs for my upcoming cruise, ONLY because of the luggage tags. I guess I could reinforce them as suggested by previous posters, but why should I go to all that trouble? I'll just let them mail the tags, (and other docs) to me. Perhaps in the future, I'll opt for the E-tickets, but right now I'll go for the old way.

Ken
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Passenger

I got tickets in the mail with luggage tags, but when the e-docs were available I printed the luggage tags because those say VIP and my others don't. We have a catagory 11 and I'm hoping the VIP tags will bring our bags to us earlier than the non VIP tags.
Old May 15th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
I just elected to receive paper docs for my upcoming cruise, ONLY because of the luggage tags. I guess I could reinforce them as suggested by previous posters, but why should I go to all that trouble? I'll just let them mail the tags, (and other docs) to me. Perhaps in the future, I'll opt for the E-tickets, but right now I'll go for the old way.

Ken
I like that idea also, do you suppose you could elect to get e docs once you have elected to have them mailed? You know, like a couple of days before you leave in case the paper docs haven't arrived. 8)
Old May 15th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Admiral

I would think that the e-documents are available to everyone. I think now they are offering the option of not receiving the tickets in the mail for anyone who doesn't need/want to receive them via usps. Similar to what banks and credit companies offer - paperless method.

In this day and age, I almost never get any usps mail. Just about all of my bills, obligations, offers, promotions come via email.

If they can think of a way to solve the luggage tag situation, then they will have a way to save money in paper and postal charges. When I book through a travel agency, whether online or with a human, my ticket comes to me via some form of express mail courier, usually FedEx. That is expensive.

I would suggest that Carnival create some sort of clear plastic, luggage tag holders that come with link chain or loop type attaching thingy and make these available at the embarkation port. That way passengers can just grab a few of these, slip their paper luggage tags into them and viola no torn luggage tags. They can even be reusable if made of vinyl.

Carnival are you listening to me.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old May 15th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Yeoman

Good idea! 8)
Old May 15th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default E-DOCS

I downloaded mine yesterday with no problems.....It had all my flight info on there..I was very pleased..We cruise Alaska in 49 days..

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain
Old May 15th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Admiral

IBCruizin', I really like your idea for the luggage tags. I'd bet Carnival would like it too. They can just "issue" the luggage tag holders to those of us who cruise often, and then we could print out the luggage tags, insert them in the "Carnival Holders", and viola,,,,,! Excellent idea!

Ken
Old May 15th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Yeoman

IBCruizin', I love you tag holder idea!! You really need to get that one to Carnival.

Talk about free publicity for carnival too. People usually don't take those things off their luggage as the travel to other locations. So for a few cents Carnival passengers get a free souvenir and Carnival gets extra publicity. Carla
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

Quote:
I would think that the e-documents are available to everyone. I think now they are offering the option of not receiving the tickets in the mail for anyone who doesn't need/want to receive them via usps. Similar to what banks and credit companies offer - paperless method.

In this day and age, I almost never get any usps mail. Just about all of my bills, obligations, offers, promotions come via email.

If they can think of a way to solve the luggage tag situation, then they will have a way to save money in paper and postal charges. When I book through a travel agency, whether online or with a human, my ticket comes to me via some form of express mail courier, usually FedEx. That is expensive.

I would suggest that Carnival create some sort of clear plastic, luggage tag holders that come with link chain or loop type attaching thingy and make these available at the embarkation port. That way passengers can just grab a few of these, slip their paper luggage tags into them and viola no torn luggage tags. They can even be reusable if made of vinyl.

Carnival are you listening to me.
Very good idea. You need to call Carnival with this one!
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old May 15th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: E-DOCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyW
I downloaded mine yesterday with no problems.....It had all my flight info on there..I was very pleased..We cruise Alaska in 49 days..
I do like I B Cruizin's idea because otherwise how can the paper tags be very sturdy and stay on the bags as they are delivered to your state room? What exactly do the luggage tags look like, is there any way they will stay on for the bag's trip to the cabin?

Bill
Old May 16th, 2007, 01:28 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1963
I got tickets in the mail with luggage tags, but when the e-docs were available I printed the luggage tags because those say VIP and my others don't. We have a catagory 11 and I'm hoping the VIP tags will bring our bags to us earlier than the non VIP tags.
That didn't work for us on the last 2 cruises. The bags came around 5 oclock on both cruises. We had the VIP tags. This is where we get to go to the dineing room in shorts the first night.
Old May 16th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Passenger

Quote:
That didn't work for us on the last 2 cruises. The bags came around 5 oclock on both cruises. We had the VIP tags. This is where we get to go to the dineing room in shorts the first night.

Oh well, worth a try I guess. I've always had pretty good luck getting my bags early. As long as I'm on the ship, I can wait for my luggage.