Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Passenger

Default Camp Carnival vs Disney Kids Program

Just got back from Disney Wonder. My 5 year old love it. I felt very comfortable leaving her in the kids program. Security was top notch.

Want to go on another cruise, Carnival Inspiration out of Tampa. How do the kids programs compare to disney? Also, are there any extra charges with Camp Carnival?
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:09 AM
First Mate

There are no charges for Camp Carnival, although I'm sure they'd appreciate a tip at the end of the cruise.

My wife and daughter did Disney last year, and we've all done several Carnivals, Princess, and HALs. Disney probably has the best kids activities, but my kids like Carnival and Princess fine too. I think the Disney stuff has more hands on activities that parents are supposed to participate in.

No worries, they'll love it!
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Passenger

We just got back a couple weeks ago from Carnival Holiday and my daughter loved it. She's almost nine though. She was in the 6 to 8 age group. My son was in the 2 to 5 year olds and they did do activities but was probably more like daycare than camp. They did paint his face several times and they made Dora backpacks and he did have fun but not as much as my daughter did. She wanted to be there ALL the time! So, you might have better luck with it when he/she turns 6!

All ships are different though...our ship was the smallest so the 2 to 5's might be better on the bigger ships???