Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2007, 05:59 PM
First Mate

Default best single rates?

I really want to go on a cruise alone, but I don't want to room with a stranger. I understand singles are charged 150% of the per person room rate. Is this always the case? Is there a way to get around it?
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I sometimes hear people talking about special deals. Watch for those.

Another suggestion is to go to the singles forum here at Cruisemates, and see if you can pick up some answers, or good deals there. Don't stay gone long, because we love you here, with us.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Admiral

I cruise solo. The standard single supp rate for Carnival is 150% of the double occupancy rate for a Cat. 1A cabin. If you go any higher than Cat. 1A, then you are charged 200% of the double occupancy rate. I have never booked anything but Cat 1A. when going solo. I just don't care enough about my cabin, its location or having a window or balcony to pay that much money when I can get on the ship for so much less.

I have seen the single supp rate as low as the double occupancy rate plus $15 It all depends on how well Cat 1A's are selling, how close it is to the date of the cruise, time of the year.

For my eight day cruise on the Liberty next week, I paid $125 over the double occupancy rate for a Cat. 1A approximately 112% of the dble occup rate at the time).

You just have to keep looking at the prices and have some level of flexibility.

If you will not be happy in a Cat. 1A, then expect to pay 200% of the double occupancy rate.

Happy Cruzin'

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Beginner

Good observation on your part, as you should not be taken like that. When I have gone solo, I used that as part of my searching. Low single cruise rate, and used one of the many web sites that specialize in low rates and last minute cruises. I found that you get a better rate, if you are last minute, as they have a vacancy to fill. They want you, and then you save.

Try that...Good luck, Stuart