Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker
Default Triumph cruise review

Itin: Miami, Half Moon Cay Bahamas, St. Thomas VI,
San Juan, P.R.,Grand Turk, Miami,Fl

Embarkation: nice and smooth. It really helps to have pre cruise forms filled out.
Some passengers did not and had to wait while they filled out the paper work.

Cabin: We had cabin 6339 and our family was in 6343 next door. Our steward opened adjoining balcony partiction. We had a very good time enjoying the open seas, dining & company. Other family members were at other area staterooms.
Our cabin was delightful, plenty of storage and closet space.The cabin sterward Arief, from the Philippines, always kept ice on hand and the cabin was kept clean.Carnival advertised the great comfort of the mattress, and sheets.But, I did not think they were anything special.
Earl's birthday surpise awaited us. The cabin was decorated with streamers,and lots of party favors.

Dining: Paris main 5:45. Because we were cruising with others,the choice was for the early seating.Food was really very good. I remember when Carnival did not have the best, but this cruise was exceptional.
Everything from appetizers to desert were served with beautiful flare,
Tastefully decorated and excellent flavor.
The very best was the prime rib,lobster & chicken dishes.
We ate mostly in the paris dining room.Much better service and food.
Food on the Lido deck needs some improvement. Cakes were dry, long lines for the buffet line, and flies. UGH! I reported this to the management.

Shows & entertainment:Rome Lounge. WOW, where do I start! The singers and dancers were GREAT.
Every show they put on was wonderful.You have to see them to enjoy it. What energy, talent.
We did the bingo some, and tried to particapate in the contests.
We are not big on gambling, but did try out a few of the games.Of course, lost it all.
Cruise director, Paul Santley was a laugh a minute. The comic Eddie Capone was great to.
We have seen him on other ships, so some of the jokes were old.
At other times there was the beautiful music from "Prelude Trio" playing classical music in different areas of the ship.It was a very nice touch.The Oxford Bar had the music of "Montreal Jazz Duo"
and Sharon played the piano in the Lobby bar.Pool side had "Caribbran Ectasy".
Over all the music & entertainment was very good.

Ports of Call:
Half Moon Cay; My very favorite beach. Sugary White sand, blue waters, all kinds of sports, food,bathrooms& cabinas. It was great! We stayed untill the last tender back. A very nice and relaxing time. The only problem is the tenders. Some of our fellow cruise family have disabilties & could not make the trip.This small island is owned by Holland America/Carnival corporations.
St. Thomas; it was just ok. to commercial for my taste.We did the usual shopping for souvenirs. then back to the ship.We wanted to see St. Johns National Park and Trunk Bay, but didn't have the time. Maybe some day.
San Juan P.R;We booked the Baccardi Rum tour, and Fort San Cristobal.
Grand Turk; my next favorite beach. We toured the island. Very small area 7 miles by 1.5 miles.
There was not much there to see, the lighthouse,& the prison.
We shoped at the Maragritteville shops.
Yeah, Jimmy Buffett for his dream to build a customer service and shops on the island.
We returned to the ship. I predict this will be the best stop for cruise ships in the near future. The island reminded me of Grand Cayman 20 years ago.

Last day at sea; the time flew by, now it is time to pack, drive home. Oh how I hated to leave
the ship.We all are tanned, happy,and looking forward to our next cruise.
Carole aka Sea Trekker
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Is this out of Miami?
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Old May 17th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Admiral

Excellent review! Thanks a lot. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I are looking for a pre-Christmas cruise, and this may be the ticketl!

See you aboard,

Ken
Old May 17th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

Great review. Thanks
We are planning on doing the same cruise in April 2008. Sounds like we picked a good one based on your review.
Thanks again!
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old May 17th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Passenger

Great Review!

This is the trip we have booked for Jan/08 for our first cruise.

I am so glad to hear you had a great time!

Old May 17th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Good to know it went well because I am booked on the same ship/itinerary for September 15th!!! I am looking forward to Grand Turk (even just to shop and burn my skin on the beach) and shopping for a birthday present for myself in St. Thomas (in port on the same day, might as well go and buy me some gold or gems!).

Only 121 days to wait....
Old May 17th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Passenger

Does that mean that since I will be in San Juan for my birthday in January I can go the Bacardi Tour and get presents for my birthday!

Old May 17th, 2007, 09:54 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

Just curious which sailing you were on...I was on the 05/05 sailing of the Triumph out of Miami.
Old May 18th, 2007, 10:05 AM
First Mate

I just wanted to say I'm glad you "enjoyed" the Triumph.

We had never been on a Carnival ship until last year, going to Jamaica, etc. All I had read was "negative" things about Carnival ships.

To say the least out of 7 cruises, this was one of the BEST I wish it was going to Aruba next year, and I would take it again.
Old May 18th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Admiral

Thanks for the review

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 10:37 AM
First Mate

misguidedangle, I believe you mentioned about sailing in September? You also mentioned about possibly shopping in St. Thomas.

I had not planned on shopping in St. Thomas, but just "look" around. I had told my friend about the Tanzanite (sp?) jewelry I had bought there 7 years ago. She saw a sign that said Tanzanite earrings for $14.99, and wanted to check them out. We went in, and that is "almost" the rest of the story. The sales clerk showed them to her, and then started showing the caribbean topaz earrings to her also. I seen them and they were beautiful. To make the long story short, I wound up buying the caribbean topaz necklace and bracelet. I and another lady priced them on the ship, and we discovered that I got a good deal.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 10:42 AM
Beginner

Thank you for the review ...We are going on a large family triumph cruise May 26th only 4 day to go
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:56 PM
First Mate

JohnM, I hope you enjoy yourself as much as we did. If you did/didnot, please report back. I'm anxious to hear what you have to say. Hopefully it will be GOOD