Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default WOW-Carnival is the best

Back in January we mailed a letter to Carnival thanking them for their wonderful PVPs as well as all the wonderful staff we have met on the past 3 cruises.

Not long after mailing the letter, we received a response from Carnival.

As a thank you for writing they asked us to call 45 days prior to our next sailing for a little thank you.

Called today to find out that they were giving us our choice of Bon Voyage gifts for our sailing in July.

Since we are not wine drinkers, and to drink an entire bottle of champagne would be a push for us, we chose the drink coupons.

Guess Carnival is really proud of having their past guests return over and over again.

Thank you Carnival.

RCCL Freedom of the Seas 2/10
Carnival Legend 2/09
Carnival Victory 2/08
Carnival Liberty 7/07
Carnival Valor 4/06
Carnival Celebration 4/05
Carnival Sensation 4/04
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

WOW, that is nice.
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Where did you send your letter? I have a great PVP that I thank everytime i communicate with her via phone or email, but I would love to make sure her management knows how great of a job she does.
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Admiral

A good positive posting. That is good to hear.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:51 AM
First Mate

That was nice to hear.

We were on the Carnival Triumph (1st time) last year. We had never sailed Carnival ships before. Most all I read of the Carnival ships on the forums was negative , so I decided NOt to tell my friend who was going with me.

We went on that cruise, and to say the least, it was one of the best cruises (I've been on 7) I have been on.

Brneyes
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:43 PM
Passenger

on one of our past cruises , my wife and I noticed that the carpet in our stateroom was damp. We called it to the attention of our cabin steward and sort of forgot about it . It was only damp afterall, not soaking wet!

So we go about our day , I think the port was Grand Cayman. Upon our return we discover our sign and sail cards are flagged at the checkpoint to alert the staff to notify us to go to the purser's desk. On the way up all these thoughts were going through our heads, we were travelling alone and our kids were back home with relatives .....we were concerned that something happened.

Turns out because of the dampness of the carpet in our cabin, they gave us $100 ship board credit and offered to relocate us to another cabin. My wife loved the cabin we had ....it was directly in the back of the ship looking out over the stern (we had great moonlight views of the ship's wake!) . It was suggested that we first check out the cabin and then get back to the purser if we indeed wanted to change cabins.

Turns out the crew was able to dry out much of the carpet , there was no obnoxious odor either. We elected to stay .....

The dampness lingered for the remainder of the trip , but never as bad as the first time we noticed it ....It was almost a non issue .

We still got the credit and after getting home we received a letter good for 25 % off of our next Carnival cruise.

while this story may seem extrodinary , i can honestly say we have never had a bad cruise , some interesting moments for sure but never a bad one

We too , love Carnival.
Old May 25th, 2007, 05:36 PM
First Mate

I'm glad to read your good report too.
Old May 25th, 2007, 07:55 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdtolman
on one of our past cruises , my wife and I noticed that the carpet in our stateroom was damp. We called it to the attention of our cabin steward and sort of forgot about it . It was only damp afterall, not soaking wet!

So we go about our day , I think the port was Grand Cayman. Upon our return we discover our sign and sail cards are flagged at the checkpoint to alert the staff to notify us to go to the purser's desk. On the way up all these thoughts were going through our heads, we were travelling alone and our kids were back home with relatives .....we were concerned that something happened.

Turns out because of the dampness of the carpet in our cabin, they gave us $100 ship board credit and offered to relocate us to another cabin. My wife loved the cabin we had ....it was directly in the back of the ship looking out over the stern (we had great moonlight views of the ship's wake!) . It was suggested that we first check out the cabin and then get back to the purser if we indeed wanted to change cabins.

Turns out the crew was able to dry out much of the carpet , there was no obnoxious odor either. We elected to stay .....

The dampness lingered for the remainder of the trip , but never as bad as the first time we noticed it ....It was almost a non issue .

We still got the credit and after getting home we received a letter good for 25 % off of our next Carnival cruise.

while this story may seem extrodinary , i can honestly say we have never had a bad cruise , some interesting moments for sure but never a bad one

We too , love Carnival.
I know what you mean about the stern cabin - my wife and I had one (M262) on our third cruise on the Paradise.

I want to call what happened funny, but it really is not - during dinner, the Captain announced that we were returning to Miami because a passenger had gotten sick and need to be hospitalized. They boogied back to Miami, then really floored it to make it to Nassau on time the next morning.

When my wife and I came back to the cabin late that evening, two things were apparent. First, we had vibrating beds for free because they were running the engines at full speed. Second, we did not need lights in the room. The luminescence being thrown up by the wake of the ship was amazing.

Excellent cruise - I really needed that Halloween cruise.

-----

As for complaining, it also works. My wife had a run in with a purser on one cruise that got us a 10% off letter from the Chief Purser. After our last cruise, she sent an email to Carnival about the second-hand smoke on the Carnival Legend and we have an email advising us to contact them 45 days before our next cruise for a Welcome On Board gift.
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
08/04 Smokefree Paradise (8 days due to Francis)
01/07 Carnival Liberty
11/07 Carnival Freedom Transatlantic
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old May 29th, 2007, 05:41 PM
First Mate

Well it sounds like Carnival is "still" coming through for their customers. Great news. I'll keep that in mind if I should ever travel Carnival (which I would like to do, if they would go MY direction ) and would run into a problem.
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Wow that's awesome for you! Maybe I should write a letter to Carnival now