Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Beginner

Default Hotel in Port Canaveral post cruise

We're taking a 4 day cruise on Sensation leaving Sunday May 27th as part of a Florida vacation.

We have reservation in Orlando a few days befor the cruise, but no plans for after.

Does it make sense to reserve a room near the port for a night after the cruise, if for no reason other than to get car parking while away ?

If so, any suggestions for a hotel which would be good.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to sirobin171

Yes stay the night in Port Canaveral, otherwise you will pay allot of money for parking at the port. We stayed at the Hilton Cocoa. They will let you park for free there.

Here is their number

321-799-0003

There is a shuttle to the port that you arrange the night before with the hotel. Its not free but cheap.
Old May 19th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Beginner

Thanks very much for that great advice, especially the phone number.

We are confirmed in a hotel in Orlando for the night before cruise though. I wonder if you have any idea if it would be possible to book a night (or a couple of nights) after the cruise and still be able to safely park a car ?

I suspect I will be better phoning the hotel, but since I am in Scotland, I'm trying to work out the best plan before actually booking.

Thanks again for any comments.
Old May 19th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Admiral

I would recommend staying in Cocoa Beach or Port Canaveral rather than Orlando the night before and then the night after unless you are doing things in Orlando. We have stayed at the Hampton Inn on A1A, 2-3 miles from the port and they have a cruise/park package. Or The Radisson at the Port in Port Canaveral is a nice place, the most popular hotel so it is busy and crowded. They also have a cruise/park package. I don't know of any hotel that will let you park your car because you are staying after the cruise. They might be afraid you will cancel your reservation when you get back. Have a great time. Scotland is a place we would like to visit.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old May 19th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Admiral

Last year, we sailed on the Glory from Port Canaveral and checked in the night prior to sailing at the Radisson Resort at the Port in Cape Canaveral, Florida. It was a very nice hotel and the room rate included a nice hot breakfast buffet and free parking and shuttle service to the Port and back. Their toll free number is 888-201-1718. You can ask them your question about using their parking lot if you book a room after the cruise.
Old May 20th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Beginner

Thanks again for the help.

We are committed to Orlando before the cruise having pre-paid. Wish now I hadn't.

I think best bet now is to call the Hilton and the Radisson and check whether we can stay a night, or maybe a couple of nights when we get back (and leave the rented car there while away).

One question,what is the direct dial number for Radisson, I will struggle to call the toll free number from here.

Really looking forward to vacation now. Leaving on Thursday and staying 3 nights in Orlando prior to the 4 night cruise. We then have 9 nights after that before flying home, flexible for that time.
Old May 20th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to sirobin171

I cant say for sure about the post stay leaving the car, but they really didnt make a fuss about us leaving the car during the cruise. They did not issue any parking permits to put in the windshield or anything, which makes me think your on the honor system at the hilton. I would say call them to make sure though.

Rob
Old May 20th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Admiral

Radisson at the Port website is
http://www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl
and their toll free number is (888) 201-1718 but it does say US Toll Free.

Here is the website for the Hampton Inn http://www.hamptoninncocoabeach.com/Maps/Index.htm and their # is 877-49BEACH (23224).

Have fun planning.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old May 20th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Admiral

The direct dial number for the Radisson is 321-784-8500. Their address is: 9009 Astronaut Blvd., Cape Canaveral, FL 32920.

Where are you staying and what are you doing in Orlando? Can I help you with any information for that area?
Old May 20th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Passenger

Default Radisson Resort at the Port

We are staying at the Radisson Resort at the Port for the night before our Sensation cruise on 9/23. The rate is about $66 per night.

The Radisson website states they have a 25% best rate guarantee. The Radisson's website was $99 and I found a rate for the same room, same night for $89 on a couple of discount websites. I booked the room through Radisson for $99, informed them of the discount at the other websites, they emailed back and gave me the room for $89, plus an additional 25% off.

Every saved dollar counts...
Old May 20th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

We just stayed at the Radisson at the Port which is 5 minutes if that from the cruise port. It was lovely. The room large and pretty. The seafood buffet was excellent as was the entertainment and tiki bar. The pool was awesome with waterfalls and fountains and tons of koi fish pools attached. The staff was great. I paid for the tropical room right across the pool on the lower level and paid 109.00. I booked it online and picked the HOT DEAL for the room. I requested first floor across from the pool due to walking with a cance. The cruise parking was secured and YES they do ride around and watch the cars. I left alot of important things in my car and it was safe and sound when I returned. I am doing it this way again in 2008 for our next cruise that is how much I loved my stay at Port Raddison.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old May 20th, 2007, 08:18 PM
First Mate

You can pickup a car in Orlando and return it at the port. Then pickup another car at the port when your ship comes back in.

I personally am just going to pay the parking on the rental car because I want as much of the day as possible in Orlando on the day the ship returns.

Where are abouts in Scotland are you?

Thanks,

Brian

Sensation
Old May 21st, 2007, 09:52 AM
Beginner

Thanks again to everybody for your help. Especially for the contact numbers, much appreciated.

While in Orlando, I will visit Universal a couple of days and try to get over the flight from Scotland. I've booked into the Doubletree at Universal, which seems like a reasonably good hotel.

So will drive to Port Canaveral on Sunday May 27th quite early for the cruise leaving that day. I will aim to try to get a hotel that will be happy to park the rental car and stay a night or two when the cruise ends.

I live in Gourock, which is a smallish village on the shore of the River Clyde. Gourock adjoins Greenock, which is one of the Scottish terminals used by various cruise lines during the summer months.

Here is a link to a site which contains many pictures (old and new) of the area I live. You may enjoy seeing these pictures, some are really amazing. http://accessinverclyde.co.uk/
Old May 21st, 2007, 03:34 PM
Beginner

All sorted now. I called the Hilton Cocoa Beach and reserved a room from Thursday May 31st for 2 nights.

I asked reservations about leaving a car there for 4 nights before my stay and was told it looked like that would be fine, but just to check with the hotel when I drop the car off.

Also I managed to get a reasonable rate for the room. $116 a night, which seems fairly good.

Thanks again for everyones help on this, really appreciate it.

If anyone is ever looking for help in Scotland, please let me know.
Old May 21st, 2007, 04:04 PM
First Mate

I'm staying at the LaQuinta Orlando Airport West the night before the cruise and the night afterwards. Free shuttle to the airport the next morning! EZ rental car I'll pick up after the cruise to tour Orlando, can be picked up and dropped off at the airport.
Old May 21st, 2007, 05:40 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcC
Thanks again to everybody for your help. Especially for the contact numbers, much appreciated.

While in Orlando, I will visit Universal a couple of days and try to get over the flight from Scotland. I've booked into the Doubletree at Universal, which seems like a reasonably good hotel.

So will drive to Port Canaveral on Sunday May 27th quite early for the cruise leaving that day. I will aim to try to get a hotel that will be happy to park the rental car and stay a night or two when the cruise ends.

I live in Gourock, which is a smallish village on the shore of the River Clyde. Gourock adjoins Greenock, which is one of the Scottish terminals used by various cruise lines during the summer months.

Here is a link to a site which contains many pictures (old and new) of the area I live. You may enjoy seeing these pictures, some are really amazing. http://accessinverclyde.co.uk/
My mother is off the boat from Scotland from a little town called Rothes. I went there when I was a senior in highschool which is about 28 years ago now. I still have relatives there. Very beautiful country.

Brian

Sensation
Old May 21st, 2007, 06:12 PM
Beginner

I've never been to Rothes to be honest. Although there is a whisky distillery there (or near there) called the Glenrothes distillery which is a favourite of mine.

I suspect your mother would have travelled to the US on a ship leaving from Greenock. There were regular scheduled boats from Princess Pier in Greenock to North America (Canada and US).
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:33 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro
We just stayed at the Radisson at the Port which is 5 minutes if that from the cruise port. It was lovely. The room large and pretty. The seafood buffet was excellent as was the entertainment and tiki bar. The pool was awesome with waterfalls and fountains and tons of koi fish pools attached. The staff was great. I paid for the tropical room right across the pool on the lower level and paid 109.00. I booked it online and picked the HOT DEAL for the room. I requested first floor across from the pool due to walking with a cance. The cruise parking was secured and YES they do ride around and watch the cars. I left alot of important things in my car and it was safe and sound when I returned. I am doing it this way again in 2008 for our next cruise that is how much I loved my stay at Port Raddison.
So you don't have to get the cruise parking package in order to park your car there? I was looking at the cruise parking package but it's $149 on the website. If the only difference is the breakfast buffet being included in the price then we may as well get the hot deal room.

I am considering splurging, though, and getting the whirlpool room.

Christina in GA