Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Ship(s) leaving Whittier, AK TONIGHT!

Hey does anyone know if there are any ships leaving the Whittier AK port tonight. They normally leave around 9:30 pm. I just booked another cruise and figured it would be a great way to tell my wife that she will be on a cruise for her birthday while watching anther cruise ship sail off.
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Admiral

I don't know if it is too late, but CruiseCal shows that the Diamond Princess in Whittier today, so I'm assuming she will set sail today!

You are a good guy! What a nice surprise!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old May 19th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yup I found that out after doing more searching. Ship leaves port at 9:30 pm tonight so I got plenty of time still since its just now past 4:40 local time.
Old May 19th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Admiral

I was checking out your Avatar..... were you the driver of that car! Owwweeee!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old May 20th, 2007, 04:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

yup that was my car, after I was hit by a Ford F250 truck at 55 mph. My car was a 04 Toyota Solara, I made it out alive, a bit banged up but a year and a half later pretty much back to normal, just walk with a limp now.

We didnt make it down to Whittier tonight I looked at the tunnel schedule since you have to drive through a 2 mile long tunnel through a mountain to get to Whittier and by the time we were ready to leave Anchorage, it gave us 20 min to drive the 60 miles to the tunnel enterence before it closed for its nightly maintenece and didnt reopen till after the ship had left, so we will have to get down there to see another ship sometime in the next week or so.
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:19 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Ship(s) leaving Whittier, AK TONIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanGrown
Hey does anyone know if there are any ships leaving the Whittier AK port tonight. They normally leave around 9:30 pm. I just booked another cruise and figured it would be a great way to tell my wife that she will be on a cruise for her birthday while watching anther cruise ship sail off.
So this is how I interpreted that post.....AG is wanting to put his wife on a ship tonight, it's her birthday, and he's on the other cruise ship sailing off into the sunset that he booked. ! Night all, it's time for my medication and I'm going to bed...... (just messing with ya AG, you're a sweetie and have a great cruise!!)
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Now that I read it again, it does kinda sound like that... Lucky for me my wife is quite happy we are doing another cruise. I got my sister and brother in law joining us for it too. We dont sail till Feb. but now that its booked, we know we're cruising once again.
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:43 AM
Admiral

AG, isn't it wonderful to have a cruise on the books? How can knowing that you will cruise in 9 months make you so happy today? Works for me! Even if the cruise is a year or more away, it helps.

I'm glad you came out of the accident with no more than a limp. WOW!

Tell me about the cruise you booked!

Inis46:
Mariner of the Seas