Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Passenger

Default Liberty - Promenade Question

We've done 4 RCCL cruises on their Voyager class...but we're seriously looking at the Liberty to the Eastern Carib. If any of you have done both ships...does Liberty have a similar large Promenade which offers pubs, shopping, ie: a generally large and festive place to walk. Or, is it just a small shopping area?

RCL is really getting pricey...getting harder to take a family unless you go in the off season, which is tough to do. It looks like we can save almost $1600 going w/ CCL for a similar trip.

Thanks for any input. And if there's anything else you want to add, feel free. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Yes RCCL mega ship rates are up there. You will get better rates on carnival, princess, ncl or costa. I almost booked the Star Princess it was $1,200 cheaper then the Freedom of the seas. ALso for $1,200. cheaper I was getting two cabins instead of one. On Freedom I paid $1,200. more and with one cabin. I am so glad I went with the Freedom. My kids are "mega ship monsters" they want to do all that a RCCL has to offer - ice skating, golf, basketball, rock climbing and surfing. My kids are not the type to just swim at the pool and go to the kids program. And I am like a big kid I also do the ice skating, golf, rock climbing and surfing.

Next is Liberty of the seas probably in January (off season better rates).
I will not pay RCCL summer rates. I will pull the kids out of school for a week and go off season (better rates and don't have hundreds of kids running around).

If your kids are not into ice skating, golf, rock climbing, surfing then maybe any cruise line would work. Princess has some really good rates.

:o

CQ's Cruise Resume

Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old May 20th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Nope, you won't find the prominade on any ships except the RCI mega ships. If that's important to you, you have no choice but to pay the extra $1000 to $1500 in order to walk through the prominade. The Liberty is a very, very nice ship however, and I'm quite certain that you'd like it. (especially with that extra $1500 in your pocket to use for massages, tours, drinks and other fun things.)

Have a great cruise, whatever you decide.

Ken