Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Default Room Assignment Already??

Hello All:

I just checked my reservation on Carnival's website. I had booked an OV Guaranteed and today I noticed that I have a room assignment. I was surprised to see it. It is a 6B category on the Main deck. The fact that I can see a room assignment won't affect my chances of an upgrade upon check-in, will it? I am still holding out hope for a higher deck.

Also, the assigned room on the deck plan shows a circle (dot) indicating that there is 1 upper bed. There are only 2 of us in the room. Last time we had 2 single beds. What will that mean? Does that mean there could be room for a third person or does that mean a bunk bed? I hope it's not a bunk bed.

Oh wise ones... please shed some light on this for me. Thanks!!

Sara (OzzyMom)
Glory - 8/1/2009 - CAN'T WAIT
Liberty - 8/2008
Sensation - 8/2007
Fascination - 7/2006

Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2007, 11:43 PM

I'm fairly certain that the "dot" means you have a pull down bunk in your room. Your room will sleep three people, with two twins and a pull down. As far as an upgrade is concerned, once your stateroom is assigned, I believe chances are slim that you will be upgraded unless you are a Platinum member or extenuating circumstances would prompt them to give you an upgrade, i.e., on your honeymoon, a disgruntled past guest, etc.
Old May 20th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

You still have a ways to go. I wouldn't start planning where you will arrange your suitcases in the room yet. The interesting thing about a guarantee is that they can move you over and over again. Upgrades at check in are very rare, so about 20 days out, you should have your assignment.

The two twin beds are the ones you can have put together, for one big bed. Your room just happened to have an extra.
Ecstasy 2005
Conquest 2005
Elation 2005
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 21st, 2007, 12:10 AM

I agree that once you are assigned a cabin, it is not likely that you will be moved. They can move you if it is to their advantage but they probably won't move you just to give you an upgrade. Sorry.

One dot means the room sleeps 3.
(cruzin' solo by design)

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)

assignment, carnival, cruise, room, upgrade