Forum Discussion Topics see all forums

Join now!It's fast, simple and free

Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Anyone use your credit card points for a Carnival Gift cert?

I just ordered my first Carnival GC from Citi Cards rewards and just wondering once I get it do I just present it to my TA when I book my cruise? I asked the lady at Citi if I can use it towards payments after I already have booked and she said no I have to use it when I acutally book the cruise, so now I have to wait to book it till the certificate comes in which I wanted to book within the next few weeks, dont know if it will come in that soon, she said 2 - 5 weeks. Has anyone had any experiance with the Carnival GC's?

Thanks,

Danielle
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Don't worry - My gift certificates from Citi always comes in about a week.
They tell you 6-8 weeks, but even at Xmas time it was only a little over a week.

I had asked a few weeks ago, if I could use more than one at a time. No one knew at Citi and I posted on this board. I finally called Carnival directly and they said I could.

Let me know your experience. I will be interested to hear. I just love my ThankYou points. I have several different types of Citi accounts (banking and credit), so I earn a good amount of points a month.
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Did you get it yet?

Did the Carnival person say you need it to book or can you use for final payment? I think you can use for final payment.
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

No, I didnt get it yet. The credit card person said I have to use it when I book, I asked her if I could use it for payment and she said no. Really what is the differance? But I guess she would know, maybe I should ask my TA?

Danielle
Old May 31st, 2007, 12:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

I wanted to know if I could use more than one - The Citi rep did not know and I called Carnival directly and they said yes. I would either call TA or Carnival directly.
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11