Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Passenger

Default Just back from cruise a few hours ago

I just got back from the 5 night cruise with our group of high school senior graduates. We took the 5 night cruise out of Jacksonville to Key West & Nassau. There were 21 of us and the four in my family were the only ones that had cruised before. The water was not very cooperative during the cruise - the boat was REALLY rocking with the waves. There were so many sick people - they had those "barf" bags out everywhere...all of us had sea sick medicine and me nor my family got sick but some of the ones with us did. I have cruised twice before and I told everyone that this was so unusual...one woman I was talking with said it was her 7th cruise and she had never experienced rocking like that - even some of the staff told me the same thing - that it was really bad. I think some people thought we might sink or something. I have been on the Celebration before - so I knew that it wasn't just the ship - and then I got back to Georgia today....and the winds are about as bad here. We had a good time - it was my last time of going with a group though - I guess it takes different strokes for different folks - but going with a group just isn't for me....and it wasn't because we had the seniors because basically other than dinner time and walking around the ship - I hardly ever saw them. They did tell me that they are selling the Celebration and that it is going to Spain. I hate that. Any questions....let me know!
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do you get any sort of credit of any kind when the seas are that bad and everyone is sick? Anything special or is it to bad for you??

Danielle
Old May 24th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Passenger

No they didn't offer anything special - well they did say that they had sea sick medicine at the Purser's desk - but we already had ours. I love cruising - but I really hated it for the people that had never cruised before - because they really didn't get to see how great it is when you are just sailing smoothly along and also when the sun is shining brightly when you get off the ship - of course with the cloudy skies it wasn't to hot so that was a plus!

But now that I've taken my vacation...I have nothing to look forward to this summer
Old May 26th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

Thanks for the review and hope your next cruise goes smoother!
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old May 26th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Admiral

Sorry about the rough seas
The next should be better.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Passenger

I sure wish I could go on another cruise now! That is the best vacation you can get!
Old May 27th, 2007, 11:28 AM
First Mate

Default ruff seas

I sleep the best in ruff seas. Like rocking in a cradle.
Bob
Old May 27th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Welcome Home!! I agree with others, maybe the next time will be better. The best way to get over not having a new cruise, is to plan the next one.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 27th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Admiral

Welcome back..

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.