CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Closet Hangers? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/333831-closet-hangers.html)

palmtreeprincess May 27th, 2007 10:39 AM

Closet Hangers?

Do the closets in the rooms come with hangers or do I need to bring my own? Also, I know a lot of people say that jeans are technically not acceptable for dinner but a lot of people still wear them...what about jean skirts?

ready2gonow May 27th, 2007 11:06 AM

There will be hangers in the closet, but I usually take some of my own. The cabin steward will bring more, but I don't want to wait on that or depend on more being available.

I have seen everything in the dining room, but my recommendation is something a little dressier than a denim skirt. That is just my opion. :D

Have a wonderful cruise! Wish mine were closer! *sigh*

Luanne Russo May 27th, 2007 11:38 AM

We also bring more, but as Darlene said, you can ask for more. I wear my jean dresses sometimes, but if you are going during the summer months, they sometimes are a little to warm and heavy. Try a light sun dress to wear for dinner.

Luanne

Lou 123 May 27th, 2007 12:21 PM

There has always been plenty of hangers in the rooms. I have never brought any with me since we fly and luggage space is an issue.
They will be happy to give you more if needed.

Ro May 27th, 2007 12:37 PM

We packed our dresses on the metal hangers that the cleaners put them on. We bring them as extras and leave them after the cruise.

mehawk May 27th, 2007 02:09 PM

Wire hangers!! There are not to be any wire hangers in this cabin.*

Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford in Mommy Dearest

LOL LOL

Lou 123 May 27th, 2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mehawk
Wire hangers!! There are not to be any wire hangers in this cabin.*

Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford in Mommy Dearest

LOL LOL

LOL LOL LOL

Fern May 27th, 2007 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
We also bring more, but as Darlene said, you can ask for more. I wear my jean dresses sometimes, but if you are going during the summer months, they sometimes are a little to warm and heavy. Try a light sun dress to wear for dinner.

Luanne

Yes, there will be hangers in your closet. If you need more just ask your Room Steward. Luanne, on our first cruise all I brought were jean dresses and I nearly burned up :shock: !

Ro May 28th, 2007 03:24 PM

Mehawk those simple wire hangers worked great for us. We walked into the cabin opened our suitcases and hung them up with the clothes on them already. Used the ones they gave us for the expensive dresses. Also the wire hangers did come in handy like you said in case we got angry hehehe.

Ro May 28th, 2007 03:29 PM

Mehawk, I just looked at your cruise list do you live on the ships? Your a lucky man to be able to cruise so much........ LOL

mehawk May 29th, 2007 03:45 PM

Ro, the wire hanger thing was a gag. It is a line that is in the movie that I noted at the end of my post. No, I don't live on the cruise ships. I would like to retire to one though. :D