Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSFP
With regards to the dance lessons idea, let me suggest that you look locally to adult education classes - my wife and I began taking ballroom dancing through adult education about a decade ago. Now, we can dance our way across the Mediterranean and Atlantic come October.
*jumping up and down excitedly* I never thought about adult education. How much did it cost and how did you get a hold of adult education?

Lets see if my BF goes for it
Old June 8th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Admiral

more deck games, activities such as Washoes "washer pitching" (sort of like horseshoes, but for smaller areas); tic tac toe (bean bag version); human chess matches, etc....
they do have the bean bag toss (they had it available once on a 5 day cruise - we would have liked to play more)
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old June 9th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Hawkeye 68, there is free booze, you have to attend the parties that offer it.

I want spa experiences that are more affordable.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old June 9th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Admiral

A "Dress Code" cop to toss all those who flaunt the dress code back to the cabin.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old June 9th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to sirobin171

I love the ship it home idea. Lets take it one step more.

How about luggage service from your home to your cabin, back to your home?

I hear something is in the works like this for Princess but its way too expensive.

I would like to just walk on to the ship and walk of the ship and thats it. No lines for ring around the rosey lugage game, anf no porters.

This should be a nominal fee you can add to your cruise fair.

To keep costs down they could use UPS or another ground carrier to move the luggage on the ground by truck, you would just need to pack a few days in advance, say 4 or 5 days ahead. UPS would come to your house as part of a scheduled pickup,

Going ground instead of airwould lower the costs significantly.

Hmmm as I write this I see that it would have to be shipped home faster or at least have an option to have it back to your home the day after the cruise.

I think it would be worth say an extra $150 per person, what do you guys think?
Old June 10th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to LeeandKelli

How about some wine and cheese tasting........??

I am not sure they do that anymore??
I know they used to.

Lee and Kelli
Old June 10th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Admiral

how about at dinner one evening don't have a published menu and make it a"chef surprise" in one of the dining venue's..for those of us that are of the more adventurous when it comes to being open for trying different experiences..the only requirement is that you would have to let the waiter know what you are allergic to

Melody, I think the entire traveling single concept needs to be addressed and more outside the box solutions be thought thru...perhaps more plan activities that bring people together thru common passions..perhaps each guest traveling without a companion could fill out a pre cruise survey (along with their online registration) that indicates what they enjoy doing as their passion (excluding s*x of course) and then the ship could do some pre planning onboard activities so when you are onboard, meeting someone would be a more "natural flow"...that's the beauty of a full charter cruise..everyone is drawn together because they have a common passion (in my case music). Shared passions are more of a natural attraction then superficial physical features (IMHO)..

as far as dance lessons are concern...thanks to the popularity of 'dancing with the stars' couples dancing is coming back so I'm sure there are several opportunities in each of our communities to learn prior to going on your cruise...if you want to know what the kids are dancing to, just ask any teenager to show you (but not your own)..I learned how to Salsa, when a dance studio offered to teach our Special Olympics Athletes how to do that dance...the goal was to have our athletes learn movement..If you watch it on "dancing with the stars" it looks highly complexed, however these instructors were so good that they could teach our athletes to do basic steps and it was so much fun..I'm not ashamed to admit that some of our Downs Syndrome athletes could Salsa better then I (VBG)
Old June 10th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Passenger

i really like the idea of pepsi and some free drinks!
also agree about something for the early risers...as that would be me and it's also why i'm taking my computer so i have something to keep me busy when there's nothing going on.
don't suppose carnival will change any of this in the next 2 days so i'll just have to make the best of it.

travel makes life fun!
our ship sails 6/12/07 for Eastern Caribbean
Hawaii, Diamond Princess 3/17/08