Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2007, 11:29 PM
Captain

Default Old post about quick birth certificates...help!

i remember i once saw a thread on where you can get birth certificates via the mail in a timely manner.

My hubby and i were prepared to run down to the post office Friday until i realized my birth certificate must have gotten lost in our move last year! I'm sooo upset.

We leave the first week in Sept and i've heard horror stories of passports taking months to get to people...i need my birth certificate FAST!

Thanks ya'll!

Liz
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2007, 12:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Hey Nurseypoo!

I live in Baton Rouge, LA. I just went to the Bureau of Vital Statistics and got a birth card (just as good as a birth certificate for most things including cruises) printed out and handed to me before I could put my change back in my wallet. Of course, I was born in Louisiana. I don't know how long it would take if you had to write or contact a state other than the one in which you reside. I suggest calling your state office Bureau of Vital Statistics.

Good Luck!

Melody
Old June 3rd, 2007, 12:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I agree with Melody. If you still live in your home town, try there. If you have moved, write to your home state to inquire. It doesn't take long.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 3rd, 2007, 01:18 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kccruisin'

You can get a certified birth certificate from any Vital Statistics place in Texas as long as you are born in Texas Oh, you can also try Texasonline.com
Old June 3rd, 2007, 02:39 AM
Passenger

I got my birth certificate here. It wasn't expensive, I can't remember exactly how much, but it was quick. http://www.vitalchek.com/
Old June 3rd, 2007, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

As stated earlier, you can get a copy right away unless you were adopted then it is a little more work.
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old June 3rd, 2007, 08:35 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Old post about quick birth certificates...help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
i remember i once saw a thread on where you can get birth certificates via the mail in a timely manner.

My hubby and i were prepared to run down to the post office Friday until i realized my birth certificate must have gotten lost in our move last year! I'm sooo upset.

We leave the first week in Sept and i've heard horror stories of passports taking months to get to people...i need my birth certificate FAST!

Thanks ya'll!

Liz
In NY, I got a copy of mine from the town clerk in the town of the hospital where I was born.

Brian

Sensation
Old June 3rd, 2007, 09:27 AM
Admiral

the vitalchek site will get it to you fast - especially if you don't live in the state you were born in.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old June 3rd, 2007, 09:33 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Old post about quick birth certificates...help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5

Thanks ya'll!

Liz
We got our passports in about a month with expedited service.

Brian

Sensation
Old June 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Admiral

How long are they taking now with normal service? "Passports"
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old June 3rd, 2007, 05:21 PM
First Mate

Nurseypoo,

I'm also in Texas-- (Seabrook) Gulf Coast area. Where is Keller? Good luck to you in getting your birth certificates quickly.

Lou,

On length of time for passports. My husband's office is in the Leeland Federal Building in downtown Houston where the Regional Pass Port office is also located. During the last week when he came home, he commented every day about the extremely long lines snaking around the federal building. A lot of folks that have trips planned in the next couple of weeks are here to get their passports ASAP. I recently read in a Houston paper it is taking about 12-14 weeks at this time to process regular requests for pass ports. If anyone has a trip planned for this summer, it might be worth the extra $60 to have it expedited. My DH said he has overhead people that work in the Pass Port offices talking about how overwhelmed they are right now. The people in the long lines aren't happy either. According to the newspaper they have to wait for hours in long lines just to turn in their applications-- even though they had an appointment. To make matters worse, the parking lots around the Fed Bldg. have raised their daily rates.

Sherrie
Ecstasy 12/12/09,Conquest 4/12/09, Conquest 4/19/09,Conquest 2/09, Pride 10/08, Ecstasy 1/08, Miracle 3/08, Miracle 4/08, Miracle 5/06, Conquest 12/08, Conquest 9/07, Conquest 4/07, Conquest 8/03, Destiny 5/05, Adv of Seas 5/05, Elation 12/04, Jubilee 4/03, Sensation 6/00, Celebration 5/93, Celebration 6/92,Holiday 5/92, Tropical 3/90, NCL--Windward, Skyward, Sunward
Old June 3rd, 2007, 05:59 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegambler
Nurseypoo,

I'm also in Texas-- (Seabrook) Gulf Coast area. Where is Keller? Good luck to you in getting your birth certificates quickly.

Lou,

On length of time for passports. My husband's office is in the Leeland Federal Building in downtown Houston where the Regional Pass Port office is also located. During the last week when he came home, he commented every day about the extremely long lines snaking around the federal building. A lot of folks that have trips planned in the next couple of weeks are here to get their passports ASAP. I recently read in a Houston paper it is taking about 12-14 weeks at this time to process regular requests for pass ports. If anyone has a trip planned for this summer, it might be worth the extra $60 to have it expedited. My DH said he has overhead people that work in the Pass Port offices talking about how overwhelmed they are right now. The people in the long lines aren't happy either. According to the newspaper they have to wait for hours in long lines just to turn in their applications-- even though they had an appointment. To make matters worse, the parking lots around the Fed Bldg. have raised their daily rates.

Sherrie
I figured it would start to let up but must not be. I am glad we got ours early!
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:04 PM
Admiral

Lou,

I was thinking the same thing.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
Lou,

I was thinking the same thing.

You know, there are many people that wait untill the last minute. maybe it WILL get worse before it gets better....
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:27 PM
Admiral

The kids and I did ours at Christmas time, which Jim was in Iraq. At that time it was getting busy, but it was also being debated about when it would take effect about needing them. It is one of the best things we have done.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:31 PM
Admiral

Quote:
The kids and I did ours at Christmas time, which Jim was in Iraq. At that time it was getting busy, but it was also being debated about when it would take effect about needing them. It is one of the best things we have done.

I still need to get one for my son. (he is 20). One of these days he will come home and say he wants to go on another cruise. You know, not much planning ahead for kids...
Are you ready for your cruise? It is almost time.
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
Admiral

I just watched her leave port. Next time I will be on there. I am so ready!!
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:39 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I just watched her leave port. Next time I will be on there. I am so ready!!

We have sailed on the Conquest 2 times. We like the class of ship. The Glory is my favorite so far with the Conquest next in line!
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old June 11th, 2007, 10:24 PM
First Mate

Help, I don't know what to do. I applied for a passport for my daughter back in April and still did not get anything. I went to their site and tried to track it on line, but it says the don't have any information or paperwork for my daughter. I sent them an e-mail and the same response came back.

Now I am panicking, because we are leaving in July and flying to Puerto Rico. My daughter has no passport or birth certificate, because I submitted it with the passport application. What do I use to show proof for my daughter. I have a copy of her birth certificate, but I don't think that is good.

Any informaiton will be greatly appreciated.
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Captain

Tweetybird, 1st thing I would do is go on line and get an official birth certificate for your daughter. They are not that expense and it won't hurt to have 2. The next thing check into the passport requirement. I understand that the President has lifted the regulations "again" for people who have not received there passports yet. Then I would call Carnival and see what they say. I don't know if any of these things will work, it is just where I would start
ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Honeybear

I do genealogy and get births certs all of the time. But be sure to get a certified certificate. I live in Illinois and here a "certified certificate" is $5. You can get a "copy" for 25 cents but it will not have the seal on it. The certificate will not work without the seal!!!
I hope you have a great time on your cruise! Just don't panic!
the SENSATION

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
Old June 12th, 2007, 03:12 AM
First Mate

We applied for our passports the first week of April. They are not here and we don't expect them for our trip on the 30th of June. From what I understand you just need an ID and to show the receipt that shows you have applied for a passport. We are lucky as we do have 'spare' birth certificates. If you are near where you were born, it doesn't take long at all. Otherwise go online or contact your dept of vital statitics and you can get a certified copy from them, that will be good until Sept sometime, which is when they have extended the time for having a passport.
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Pride
Princess Sapphire
Carnival Spirit
Golden Princess
Carnival Splendor (3 days of towing back to port)

Carnival Dream

Have a great cruise all!! 8)
Old June 12th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Passenger

It might also be helpful to call or email your Congressman or Senator. They have folks whose job it is to cut through red tape for constituents. It's amazing what a little call to the head of the passport processing center from a congressional office can do to speed things along.
Old June 12th, 2007, 09:10 AM
First Mate

I just want to say thank you to all of you who responded to my post. I called the Department of Vital Records for New York and ordered another Birth Certificate for my daughter. At least I have another copy of her Birth Certificate to board the plane. I feel a lot better now, thanks to all of you.

Thanks
Tweetbird
Old June 12th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrwnEyedGirl
From what I understand you just need an ID and to show the receipt that shows you have applied for a passport.
You can fly under this but you will have to go down and take care of your lost application at your local office because you will need to have the documentation stating that your passport has been submitted. They will also be able to give you the final word on what you will need to fly to PR. Good luck and let us know how it goes, Carla
Old June 16th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird
I just want to say thank you to all of you who responded to my post. I called the Department of Vital Records for New York and ordered another Birth Certificate for my daughter. At least I have another copy of her Birth Certificate to board the plane. I feel a lot better now, thanks to all of you.

Thanks
Tweetbird

I just wanted to add some info. It took about 6-7 weeks to get my bc but it was coming from another state. The birth certificate must have the seal stamped on it and if you are married bring along your marriage certificate. They did ask to see mine and my documents was scrutinized before it was finally approved by a supervisor. :::Whew::: Let me tell you....I was sweating bullets....
Old June 16th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Familiar Face

You can go onto the internet and enter vital statistics for the state you were born. They should link you to the online forms. I recently sent for mine. The cost was $15.00. There are other sites that will charge you $65 for an expedited one.

I got one last year, but could not find it this year. It came in about 2 1/2 weeks, from No Carolina to CA.

PJ