Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Passenger

Luanne, have a blast and make sure to leave my ship in good shape . It's not that much longer before I get on her.
Oh, what's the scoop on yall's possible move to Georgia?
Bob
Old June 8th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Luanne,

Will you be posting every day from the ship? I love hearing your plans!

I don't expect to be online when I'm on board relaying daily reviews. I'm on the computer all day at work, and have vowed to take a break from my computer/laptop while on vacation. I will be posting a lengthy travelogue/review upon my return, including how I planned everything. It's never too late to get ideas from other people who have booked, planned and taken a cruise!

Michelle
Old June 8th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Bob,

No Move this time!!!

I will be posting each day, and if possible, pictures!!
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 8th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Passenger

Glad to hear it Louanne. I know we've never met, but I feel like we're neighbors anyhow and don't want to see yall leave. Now, be nice to my ship and have lots of fun!
Old June 8th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Familiar Face

My family and I will be sailing on the Conquest in October, out of Galveston. I have been wondering if we will be able to dock at each port or if we will be tendered in. Our ports of call will be, Montego Bay, Jamaica ; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ; Cozumel, Mexico. If you will be stopping at any of these ports, please add this info in your review.

I can't wait to read your day by day review each day. I just want to be one of the first to thank you.

So go and have enough fun for all of us, and above all be careful.

Royal Caribbean Enchantment of The Seas -2004
Carnival - Fantasy 11-13-06
Carnival Conquest 10-05-08
Celebrity Equinox 4/01/2011

Read and post cruise reviews

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop playing.
NEVER BE THE FIRST TO GROW OLD !!!
LIFE IS A GIFT...UNWRAP IT
Old June 8th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Okay, crazy time at the house. Everyone very excited, and wanting to take half the house. Will try to check back in later.

By the way, Hubby came home with an Ad about a New years cruise.

My baby now has the cruise bug.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 8th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise-N-Arky
My family and I will be sailing on the Conquest in October, out of Galveston. I have been wondering if we will be able to dock at each port or if we will be tendered in. Our ports of call will be, Montego Bay, Jamaica ; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ; Cozumel, Mexico. If you will be stopping at any of these ports, please add this info in your review.

I can't wait to read your day by day review each day. I just want to be one of the first to thank you.

So go and have enough fun for all of us, and above all be careful.

At Jamica I think you will be at a dock, Cozumel should be a dock unless it is busy there that day and Grand Cayman you will tender..
It is a fast tender though.
Have fun!
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:21 PM
First Mate

Luanne,

Have a great cruise and we will all be watching for your post!

Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005
Old June 9th, 2007, 12:25 AM
First Mate

Luanne, You are so remarkable for doing what you do. I really can't thank you enough for doing this virtual tour. No wonder your two boys are growing up to be such good boys or should I say men, just look at who their mother is and father also.

I would just love to be on a cruise with you and your family, it would be so much fun. Hey I know, we should all plan a cruise with Luanne and her family and we would have a blast.

Have a safe and wonderful cruise and thank you again for all you do.

Tweetybird
Old June 9th, 2007, 05:43 AM
Admiral

Such sweet things said, as I awake at 4:20 in the morning. Thanks !!

Well it is 4:36. We are all up, but not awake. Hope to get on the road at 5:00.

Roads appear to be clear, and weather is holding, except for a few rain clouds.

Woke up to no Joe!! Thank goodness for cell phones, because he was at Wal Mart. He forgot something!!! I don't think I know what Wal Mart looks like this early in the morning.

This will be my last report, until we get to Galveston.

Take care and have a good day.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 9th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Admiral

We made it finally. Everyone is a bit on edge. Traffic was a bit much for a Saturday, and Joe had an upset stomach, so we did a lot of stopping.

They have gone out to eat for dinner, and finally I have peace and quiet.

We had to wait for our rooms to be ready, so went to find the ferry crossing, and schlitterbahn, which was not complete last time we were here.

Saw more of the island than before, but it is very hot and humid here, and with us being on the road so long, not very enjoyable, but no one is complaining.

We are staying at the Holiday Sun Spree. The rooms are a beautiful yellow, with lots of tropical greens and browns. Very clean, and hotel staff very nice. I am a member of the Holiday Inn club, so we received some freebie's, so that is nice. We get free pay for view movies, so plan on eating, nice shower, and then doing nothing but movies tonight.

Michael, If you see this, we tried the toll road way to 45 from 290, and we thought we would go broke, paying all the tolls. I think it was 6 total, at $1.25 each. You even have to pay a toll to get off the thing.

A new Deli here, and they have the best iced tea, so we bought a jug of the stuff, and I plan to take what is left on the ship, tomorrow. I guess if many can smuggle gallons of booze, I can look like a country bumpkin, and take my tea.

Well, that's all for tonight. Will talk more in the morning, before we leave.

Oh, as I explained before, this is a cruise for Jim. Lots of surprises for him, all week. I almost had to tell him one of them a few minutes ago. He wanted to pin me down about when we could get on the ship. It will not matter to us this time, but didn't want to tell him that, because then he will want to know why it doesn't matter. For those of you who have cruised, you probably have already guessed, but can't tell you yet, because I don't want Jim to read this, and find out my secrets. By tomorrow night, you will know what I am talking about. For those of you who have guessed, don't say anything.

Talk to you in the morning.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 9th, 2007, 08:30 PM
First Mate

Luanne, I can't wait until tomorrow to find out what all of the surprises are. I have cruised several times before, but am not sure what you are talking about. I guess I will find out tomorrow. Can't wait!

E N J O Y!!!! Wish I was with you.
Old June 9th, 2007, 09:05 PM
First Mate

I am curious about this surprise as well. Can't wait!

Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Old June 9th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Captain

COOL I think I know what it is!!! If it is, it will be very well received.
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old June 9th, 2007, 09:36 PM
First Mate

Luanne,

Glad you had a good trip to Galveston. I know you guys are getting excited.

Looking forward to your travelogue.

Happy Sailing

Sherrie
Ecstasy 12/12/09,Conquest 4/12/09, Conquest 4/19/09,Conquest 2/09, Pride 10/08, Ecstasy 1/08, Miracle 3/08, Miracle 4/08, Miracle 5/06, Conquest 12/08, Conquest 9/07, Conquest 4/07, Conquest 8/03, Destiny 5/05, Adv of Seas 5/05, Elation 12/04, Jubilee 4/03, Sensation 6/00, Celebration 5/93, Celebration 6/92,Holiday 5/92, Tropical 3/90, NCL--Windward, Skyward, Sunward
Old June 10th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from Galveston where it is a beautiful sunny day. The water looks like glass it is so smooth.

It is so cool to be able to see the ship on the web cam Galveston.com but also be able to see it from the motel room.

Woke up this morning with a very sore back. I have trouble from time to time, but I guess a day long ride didn't make it feel so good.

Jim is so excited that he woke me up at 7:00. I sure could have slept a little longer. Oh well, I can't fault him for being excited. That is what it is about.

I have a tradition for the morning of the cruise. This is when I fill out the luggage tags, and the paperwork in the docs. I love taking my time, so that hopefully, everything will go smoothly.

Jim seemed a little disappointed when he found out we would not be back on the Lido deck. Here is another clue. You can only find this room on one certain floor.

Jim and Josh have gone to eat breakfast, and Joe is dead to the world. They will bring us back something.

I am a little concerned about parking for the cruise. When I booked the rooms, we were offered cruise parking for free here at the motel. They have since changed that, but I was told that it would still be honored. The only thing is that I didn't get it in writing. I am prepared for them to say no, but hope they won't. Always be prepared for little bumps in your cruise plans. That way no one gets unhappy.

Okay, will try to write more later, but if not, I will see you on the ship.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 10th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Okay, Cruise parking has been taken care of. They are trying to cut down on people parking while on a cruise. The parking here is behind a guarded gate, so is limited. Thankfully we will be able to leave the truck here for the cruise.

To me this is the worst time for all of us. The waiting. We have everything packed, and ready, but just to early to go to the port. I have tried all of the possible times, and going early is not a good one. You find yourself running into those who are trying to get off the ship.

We will leave here around 12:15.

Now from here on out, I will be posting the days activities by typing first in word, and then cut and pasting to CM, so I might not be able to answer your questions right away. I do welcome your comments and questions.
I will try to get as much info as possible, but remember that I have done this before, so I might not think of something, that a newbie would want to know, so ask away.

Okay, one more clue right? 7315 Now for those who have cruised, you will know what that number means, but for newbies, this is not the amount of weight I plan on gaining.

Next time I post, will be on the MS CONQUEST
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 10th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Captain

As I suspected!!! Jim is a lucky man.
Gary
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old June 10th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Passenger

Ohhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I am on the cruise with you.....mine is not until Dec 9th 07......pls take plenty of pics, and be real descriptive with [b][size=24]everything
Old June 10th, 2007, 05:09 PM
First Mate

I know what you mean Honeybear! Our first cruise is December 31, 07 and the wait is killing me! And I also want lots of details!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old June 10th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Luanne..
We watched you sail away 10 minutes ago on the webcam. Have fun and keep the posting coming. We will be doing the same cruise in Sept. and look forward to any comments and stories you have. Your writing is so enjoyable to read.
Grandy
Legend 2006
Spirit 2006 & 2007 & 2009
Conquest 2007 & 2009
Pride 2008
Dream 2010
Norwegian Dawn 2011
Magic 2012
Princess Grand 2013
Old June 10th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Passenger

LuAnn, hope you and your family have a fantastic time. I will be leaving on the same ship 3 weeks from today. I am curious if you had a long line to wait in by getting there at 12:15? After reading some of the postings I was thinking of getting there around 10:30 hoping to avoid long lines since my 10-year-old is impatient. Keep in mind this is my/our first cruise everyone.. Thoughts anyone on a good time? Can't wait for your updates, LuAnn. Lisa
Old June 10th, 2007, 07:53 PM
First Mate

Luanne,

All I could say is WOW. I looked at your room on the Carnival web site and it is really, really nice. You have to let us all know how your husband reacted.

Have a great time. Just sit back and relax and if you drink, have a drink for all of us on cruismates.

Tweetybird 8)
Old June 10th, 2007, 09:18 PM
First Mate

What a wonderful surprise! I am very anxious to know if your room is really as big as it looks on the website! I am sure your husband was pleasantly surprised! Hope you are having a great time.

Happy Sailing!
Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Old June 10th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Admiral

Good Evening from the Carnival Conquest. This is coming to you from the Penthouse suite. I am in heaven, and I never want to leave. This is the way cruising should be.

We had a very smooth time, getting on the ship. I actually got a late start from the motel, so we didn’t get to the port until around 1:00.

Jim had no clue until we started to bypass everyone for the VIP check in. It was his dream way of getting on the ship. I thought he would catch on to the fact we had a special room, but he was to over whelmed by going to the front of the line.

Since we were so late getting to the port, our room was all ready for us. Joe had the video camera, but was so surprised himself, that he filmed very little, but the sound effects were what were so funny. I am telling you that the pictures do it no justice. It is a really great room. I thought it would be much the same as a balcony, but I was wrong. We have three complete clothes closets!! There are mirrors everywhere. The living area is huge, and clearly would hold 4 or 5 people. The bathroom is twice the size of the balcony room, and that doesn’t include the vanity room. A total of three sinks in two different rooms. The bar area is large as well. The bar also acts as a desk, so I am able to work on the computer, without stretching an extension cord across the room.

The thing that has caused us the most laughs, and is kind of freaky until you get use to it, is the accent lamps, which have extension lamps attached, that are round and stand away from the base. They look like eyeballs. There are three of them, so we have eyeballs all over the room.

Dinner tonight was great. I had the sweet and sour shrimp, and shrimp cocktail for the starter. We also had a salad, which was very good.

For the highlight of the evening, we had the chocolate melting cake and ice cream. Oh what heaven that was to just sit and let that warm goodness slide down your throat.

It is still early as I type this, so the night is still young. Will let you know more tomorrow.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 10th, 2007, 10:35 PM
First Mate

I am so excited for you and Jim. I can only imagine what joy you felt at being able to give him such a wonderful surprise!

I missed that chocolate melting cake and ice cream that everyone keeps talking about. Where was it when we sailed 2 years ago?

Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Old June 11th, 2007, 07:24 AM
First Mate

Thank you so much again Luanne for doing this for everyone. If you can't be on the ship, then this is the next best thing to being their with you guys.

What island are we (ooopppsssss I mean you) going to first?

Keep us posted we love it.

Tweetybird 8) 8)
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning and welcome to the first full day on the MS CONQUEST. We are traveling on what looks like a sheet of ice, the ocean is so calm.

I woke up to an empty cabin. I am not sure where Jim is, but hey, even if it ‘s another woman, at least, I ended up with the penthouse.

Last night was so much fun. We left here and went to play a game of Bingo. After Bingo, we watched the Welcome show, which sadly has not changed in a year’s time.

Our cruise director, Mark Price then entertained. I was ready to not like him, because I was so in love with Todd our passed CD, but I was wrong. Mark is very talented.

The next talent was a man who I have seen on the Comedy station. His name is Marc Rubben. I won’t give away the show, because I know many of you will be on the Conquest in the coming months, but make plans to see him. Wonderful entertainment.

After we left the show, we realized it was close to midnight, so we came back to the room. We both took a shower, and spent a little time on the balcony. Before we knew it, it was bedtime. It had been a long wonderful day.

Today I have very little planned, and that is the whole idea. Jim has something he wants to do, just about all day. That is what’s so good about cruising. You can do as little or as much as you want.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 11th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Passenger

Luanne you went the wrong way on the toll from 290 to 45 is one toll and its a Dollar you have to head north on the toll sounds wierd but its only 20 mins, I go that way to work, just so you know next time 290 take toll road north to 45. you must have gone all the way around to get that many tolls
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Passenger

WOO-HOO, LuAnne~WAY TO GO!! Now that is going in style..... Have a great Day!! Lisa