Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Passenger

I am so glad you are having a great time on the Conquest. My family leaves on July 29, 2007 and I just read an awful review on that "other" website!! I plan on having a great time and tend to ignore the bad posts and just fully enjoy the good posts!! Hope yours is great!!!!
Old June 11th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Did you book the penthouse or was that an upgrade? Are all 4 in the one suite ? If not, what does the boys room like?
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Old June 11th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Familiar Face

Hey Lucky LuAnne.

Glad to know they still have the melting chocolate cake. I felt like I was in chocolate heaven. If I'm not getting too personal how much is it to book the Penthouse? And how far in advance did you have to book it?

Glad to hear you are having a great time. Can't wait for your pictures.

Royal Caribbean Enchantment of The Seas -2004
Carnival - Fantasy 11-13-06
Carnival Conquest 10-05-08
Celebrity Equinox 4/01/2011

Read and post cruise reviews

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop playing.
NEVER BE THE FIRST TO GROW OLD !!!
LIFE IS A GIFT...UNWRAP IT
Old June 11th, 2007, 07:13 PM
First Mate

Luanne, I doubt it very much that Jim went with another woman. Why in the world would he give up such a loving and caring wife who gets him a penthouse on a cruise ship for another woman?

Can't wait to read your review about how today went. I am so looking forward to it.

Tweetybird
Old June 12th, 2007, 03:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good evening from the Carnival Conquest. It has been a long day, and we are just about to go to bed, but I wanted to fill all of you in on what has happened today.

Our day started early. Jim went to get coffee, and Danish, since we forgot to fill out the room service thingy the night before. Josh came over shortly after Jim got back, to share the food.

We have been busy going from one event to another. If you are not careful, you will wear yourself out, trying to do everything at once.

We met at 11:00; some of the people I have met on line, that I knew were also going to be cruising with us. It was great to put the on line name, with a face. We have all talked so much about the cruise, I felt like I was meeting with a group of old friends.

We had lunch at the buffet, and it was really good. Each day there is a theme. Today’s theme was American, so I had the fried chicken. Yum!!

The afternoon was spent on the balcony, or at one of the shows. Tonight was our first formal night, which almost turned into a disaster. It seems that we didn’t pack as well as we thought. One forgot a shirt, one forgot a tie. You get the picture, don’t you? It all worked itself out in the long run, and all had a good time.

We are spending less and less time with Joe, because he has taken over the Conquest. You see him, and you see what looks like most of the kids on the ship. I did ask him at dinner, to please try to check in a little, so that we would know a little about his life. We did see him do Karaoke tonight. He was singing his Garth Brooks song, and will try out for the passenger talent show, that is held towards the end of the cruise. He actually sounds like Garth, and received a standing ovation. His momma was proud.

We are going through a small rain and lightning storm, so the ship has picked up a little more movement, but not that big a deal.

Well, it is late, so everyone take care, and I will try to write more tomorrow.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 12th, 2007, 04:38 AM
Passenger

OHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I am so glad to see an entry from you.....I can now go to bed...knowing that I have had my cruise fix for the day.
Glad to hear you are having a fab time, enjoy, and be safe. 8)
Old June 12th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Admiral

Luanne..glad to hear you are having a good time..I guess you will have to add to your pre cruise ritual by doing a suitcase inspection of everyone prior to putting them in your car (VBG)

So just how is the suite life ?
Old June 12th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Luanne, hope you are having a great time with your family. I have to tell you though, that my e-mail inbox has been nearly empty the last few days, without your regular stream of good (and bad) jokes! I miss you already!

donna
Old June 12th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Passenger

Luanne,
Reading your trip report, I feel like I am there, sitting by the pool, listening to the Pan music with a foo foo in hand! I am having a hard time waiting till October!
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Passenger

Luanne, Glad to hear that you are having a great time. How old is Joe? I am sure that he made mama proud!! Continue to keep us updated as you can and savor every moment with your family~ Lisa
Old June 12th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Admiral

Good morning from the MS Conquest. It is another beautiful day in the Caribbean I slept a little longer this morning, but woke up starving. It has to be the water, and warm sun.

After a breakfast of eggs and great French toast, it was time to do a little house keeping. I am so very organized on the ship. Much more than I am at home. I hate not knowing where things are, when we need them.

After that, I started the first of two loads of laundry. Of course it is not a requirement to wash clothes on board ship, but it gives me great satisfaction, to know that things are clean. It also helps when you have two teen boys who change clothes a lot. The cabin steward is teasing me about not relaxing this morning. I told her I was just being a temporary wife and mother. The machines take quarters only, which I bring with me on the ship. The washing machine takes 2 dollars in quarters, for one load. The dryers are the same. If you need extra quarters, you can go to the purser’s desk, and get extra rolls.

This afternoon we are planning on seeing a few shows, a few demonstrations, and then some alone time.

We continue to enjoy the suite. The boys are across from us, and down the hall. The do come in here to visit, but we wanted our own space to ourselves, so arranged for them to have their own room.

I met a man in the laundry room, who had the dreaded red wine stains on his white shorts dilemma. I have one of those Tide sticks that are suppose to take out stains. I had never even opened it, but offered it to him. It worked great, so you might consider taking one of those along too.

Well, it is time to go and have fun. I hope all of you are enjoying this.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 12th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Admiral

Luanne..you are on VACATION..relax..when are you going to get to the romantic stuff (VBG)!!!
Old June 12th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Admiral

I forgot..for the sake of the male cruisemates..you should let Jim do at least one posting from his perspective..thanks
Old June 12th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Admiral

Good evening from the Conquest. We are about to finish day 3, and are having the time of our life.

After the clothes were done today, I went to the Lido to eat and to read. I know why people do not mind traveling alone. You never feel alone on a cruise. Surrounded by so many nice people, who are just as will, as you are to strike up a conversation.

After I met up with Jim and Josh, we went to the Newlywed not so newly wed game. This is something you have to see. It is always so funny, and enjoyable.

We of course had to go to bingo. This is the only time I have ever known Jim, to play bingo, but he tries to never miss one. He has never won, but that don’t keep him from trying.

Tonight we received invitations to the Past Guest Party. This is a party for those who have cruised with Carnival before. It is a chance to meet the Captain, and his staff. Eat some yummy snacks, and all the free drinks you want. They also give away prizes. There is also a band, with dancing, and the video of Carnival, and all the ships and their history.

After the party, it was time for dinner. Joe was a no show, because he fell asleep in his room. He must have been up late last night, so we let him sleep.

The next big surprise was a cake and decorations for Jim’s birthday, which is tomorrow. The only problem was I told them the wrong time, so when we came back, the room was decorated. Not a big deal, because we’re on a cruise, and nothing is suppose to bother you.

After dinner, we packed for our excursions tomorrow, in Jamaica. It is best to pack the night before, so that you don’t forget something the next day. My men are going white water rafting, and I am doing a city tour, and shopping. I would have loved to white water raft, but because of my back, I didn’t want to take the chance of messing up the rest of the week.

Tonight is Marti Gras, and most will be parting most of the night. I chose to stay in and pamper myself, with a bath set Jim had delivered to me, today. It is a basket full of oils, lotions and things to make you feel good. Always try to save a little money to do things like this. It isn’t necessary, but sure makes the cruise even more special.

Well, I am oiled and pampered enough, so I am going to bed.

Talk to all of you tomorrow

Venice, We have done things that will scare the fishes. Did I tell you that the balcony is over size, and we have no one on either side of us.

Jim can't post, he is to busy playing bingo.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 12th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Passenger

Default Sailaway & Muster

Luanne......got to tell you that I love your posts!!!!! You have everything down to the exact detail.....WOW!!!!!!
In regards to sailaway on Sunday, had they completed the muster drill BEFORE sailaway? I hear alot of folks complaining about sailaways during the drill and was hoping that wasn't true! I love the sailaways!!! My BF and his son surprised me and booked the same cruise after I had booked with my daughter. It will be their first cruise and I don't want them to miss sailaway!
Enjoy your cruise.........
Karen
Old June 13th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Jamaica. We are just now slowing down, in order to enter the docking area. We can see the mountains in the distance, with the clouds hanging low.

I can hear stirrings in the hallway, as others begin to wake up. Many are very excited, because it is there first cruise, and a first time here.

So far this morning, I have seen of course, Jim, and Josh has joined us, but low and behold, Joe is still sleeping. My little love will one day be late for his own wedding, because he decides to sleep late.

This will be our third trip to Jamaica, and I have to tell you, it gets better. You just have to understand the ways of the people, and be prepared for the pushiness.

Well, it is time to get ready. Everyone have a good day.

Sailaway was taking place while we were still doing muster, but you will not miss much.
[/color]
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 13th, 2007, 09:07 AM
First Mate

Hi Luanne,
This is great! I leave on July 5th, and this is a great way to fill the gap. I feel like I have already left. I took your advice on purchasing carnival dollars and had it applied to my room, and it worked great. It was posted within a day. Have a great trip, and I will miss your daily reports when you return. You will just have to create one for us.

Have fun,
kathy
Old June 13th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
Venice, We have done things that will scare the fishes. Did I tell you that the balcony is over size, and we have no one on either side of us.
Now THAT'S what a balcony is for. I've been trying to tell everyone in a nice way just couldn't decide how. Luanne did it for me.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old June 13th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Passenger

This is fun!
I don't cruise again til Thanksgiving on the Conquest but I am having a blast with you on your trip. I went last year on the Fantasy with my sister and this year I'm going with long time friend of over 30 years. I'm hooked and she's gonna flip. She hasn't been too far from her mailbox in her life. I told her to read your posts. So she could get an ideal of our future journey.
Thanx so much for your insight and now lets go have more fun!!!
Old June 13th, 2007, 09:43 AM
First Mate

Hi Luanne,

Are you going on any shore excursions since you have been to Jamaica 3 times already. If you are, which one are you going on?

How was your dinner last night? Tell us all the delicious foods that you are eating. Did you have the melting chocolate cake?

Tweetybird
Old June 13th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Passenger

Hi Luanne,

I was just like to say "My name is JAYNE, and I am cruisemate addict"
I check this website before I get started for the day, once I get to work, during my day......before I leave for the day, and then once I arrive home.
I also have the pc on at all times just in case I have to take a bathroom pit stop during the night I can quickly see if there are any new posts from you........I think your posts are great, entertaining, I can almost smell the ocean, feel the sun on my skin, and taste the chocolate melting cake MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!
Keep the great posts coming....it is making my wait more bearable (Dec 9th 07)........
Old June 13th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Jamaica mon. I just got back from my excursion, and I am so tired!!!! I spent the morning on a city tour, and shopping. I think we stopped at every little shopping area there is. Out of all that shopping, I ended up with three tee shirts from Margaritaville. All for my guys… I have never been a big shopper, so I was more interested in the city tour. This was my first experience with Mr. Buffet’s place. It is a wild one, and it was only 10:00 in the morning. Outside was a little man who was telling us, he could save our soul we lost inside. I told him I still had my soul, but lost 60.00 on tee shirts.

They took us up in the mountains where all the rich people live. Wow, big difference from around the port.

My guys have not come back yet from their excursion. They went white water rafting. They were supposed to be back before I was, so I suspect they took another tour, after the one I had planned for them. Someone was telling they about the canopy tour, and I know there was a late one going, so who knows.

Every time I come back to Jamaica, I think differently about them. I guess you just have to get to know their ways, just like they would have to get to know ours. It is an interesting place.

Tonight we will celebrate Jim’s birthday. They have decorated the cabin with all the birthday decorations, and I have ordered a birthday cake for the dinning room. I hope we have an early night, because I will need all my strength for tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the big day in Grand Cayman. I signed us up for the wave runners to the stingrays. I AM SCARED TO DEATH!!! I have never been on one in my life, and all the reviews say, “It’s not to bad, except you fall off a lot, and your legs ache from holding on. It might not be to bad around the beach, but this is out in open water, for several miles. WHAT WAS I THINKING? The capers today say that Carnival warns guests to not ride them, or mopeds. Yaks!!!!! Oh well, if something happens, I have lived a good life.

I guess I had better go. The room is still very comfortable, but the spa in the tub broke, so no more spa time. They tried to fix it, but the part they need is in Miami.

You guys take care!!!! Let me hear from all of you who are reading this, even if you don’t say anything but HI.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 13th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Captain

Luanne;
All sounds great. It helps the time go by to hear about your special cruise. I am sooooo glad you guys are having a good cruise. Enjoy the BD party tonight. Can't wait to hear more.
Gary
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old June 13th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Passenger

Default Awesome...

Sounds like you are having a blast! This review is making me very anxious for our Conquest cruise coming up next month. Keep up the great work!

Respectfully,

James

Old June 13th, 2007, 04:06 PM
First Mate

Oh Luanne please be safe tomorrow on the wave runner, and please don't say that "Oh well, if something happens I lived a good life". Yikes, I don't want to hear that. Your family and cruismates need you.

I am glad that you are having a good time and please be safe. Tell Jim HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Tweetybird.
Old June 13th, 2007, 04:25 PM
First Mate

So glad to hear you are having such a good time. I wonder if I would be brave enough to go on a shore excursion by myself - maybe in my dreams. I would like to do the canopy thing, but my hubby says "no way". Oh well, I will just keep trying to get family and friend groups together until I find someone who will do it with me!

I hope the birthday dinner is a smashing success. Can't wait for the next update!

Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005
Old June 13th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

No worries mon on the waverunners You'll have a blast. They are very fun to ride. If you can drive a car, you'll have no problems.
Hopefully, there will be smooth seas when you ride.
I've enjoyed reading your daily updates. Keep'em coming.

Happy Sailing to all;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old June 13th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Passenger

Default ALWAYS GREAT TO HEAR WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

Hi LuAnn, glad you had a great excursion today. Have fun tonight and be careful tomorrow~~ Thanks again for keep us posted. This is awesome!! Lisa
Old June 13th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Passenger

Becareful on the waverunner its a bumpy ride! I can't wait for our conquest cruise in september. Love your daily review
Old June 13th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Passenger

Hi Luanne,

I'm having dreams of my cruise now! Glad u r having a good time.