Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2007, 01:51 PM
Beginner

Luanne ... one other question. This time about my favorite subject ... FOOD.

We were on the Ecstasy 8/2005 and loved it. They served a Grand Marnier souffle that was to die for. I was wondering if the Conquest had that for a dessert and, if not, do they take special orders like that?
Old June 22nd, 2007, 01:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I have been sitting at the computer all morning, planning our next cruise. The depression is unreal, when you don't have the next one to plan.

I am thinking about the Liberty June 08 out of Miami. We have never done the Eastern route, and I was last in Miami when I was a kid, so it sounds like the best place.

Also checked into Fort Lauderdale, and also the Valor out of Miami, but the Liberty keeps coming back in my mind.

This will also give me first hand knowledge of the Miami ports, and islands. Before when someone asked, I had to look it up, but now I will be able to say, with first hand knowledge.

If my chance you are looking into motels for Lauderdale, or Miami, let me know. I have also researched those this morning.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 22nd, 2007, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbnvmb
Luanne ... one other question. This time about my favorite subject ... FOOD.

We were on the Ecstasy 8/2005 and loved it. They served a Grand Marnier souffle that was to die for. I was wondering if the Conquest had that for a dessert and, if not, do they take special orders like that?
Loved the Ecstasy, and glad you were able to spell it. Sometimes when people are talking about it, notice how they spell it.

To answer your question. I don't remember. That darn Chocolate thing they have now, messed up my knowledge of the other desserts.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 22nd, 2007, 03:05 PM
Passenger

Default Thank you!

Luanne,

Thank you soooo much for all of your helpful information. I'll be taking my first cruise on the Conquest July 15th. I am very excited and prepared to have the best time that I possibly can. Your Traveloque has not only been informative, but it has also built up the anticipation for my upcoming vacation.

I would like to request some information on what you suggest that we should avoid or NOT do (other than fall overboard ) while visiting the MS Conquest. My girlfriend and I are both in our mid 30s and we are fairly active. I have our excursions put together and I feel very confident about our activities off of the ship. However, I would like to avoid trouble and make the most of our time on the ship (we are booked on the Verandah deck with a balcony). You've provided plenty of infomation and it is all sooo positive. I'm sure that there were some frustrating pitfalls that can be avoided. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!

Respectfully,

James
Old June 22nd, 2007, 03:38 PM
Admiral

James,

I thought of what you asked, and I can't think of anything. The only advice I can give any cruiser on the Conquest is to not try to do everything. Those seven days go by so fast. It is important to take the time to rest, and to enjoy.

Time means nothing on a cruise ship. You look at the clock and it is 6:00. You look again, and it's 2 in the morning.

I'll be here if you have other questions. I want you to have a good time.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old June 22nd, 2007, 04:28 PM
Passenger

Default Thanks

Thank you Luanne,

Very good point. My girlfriend and I visited Mexico for week and she mentioned that I need to slow down and not worry about doing everything. I can't help it. Its just the way I am. This time I will follow her advise. Who knows... I may even sleep in one morning. HA! I doubt it.

Thanks again!!

James
Old June 23rd, 2007, 01:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Thanks for the insite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbnvmb
!!! A question about the "art auctions". My wiffe is a BIG Peter Max fan and I would like to surprise her and maybe get one of his paintings. What are the prices on board the ship ... usually his work goes for thousands and I was just wondering if it is really cheaper on board.
We have bought several pieces on board. Do your HOMEWORK before you board. I bought the Angel with a Heart onboard and got a good deal (not great but good). I have seen Max's go for more than they were worth. If you wife sees some she likes that you do not know the price, get online to check. Always educate yourself. You can go Park West website to check out the artist they will have on board.

Framing - Really depends. If you are buying a Max, you need to get it frame by a professional (not a craft place). The only pieces that would have been cheaper off the ship were very small pieces. Some times they have free framing.

My biggest sugestion - Do NOT get carried away with the auction atmosphere. The one time I wished I had bought a piece. I went to the auctioners office hours and he sold me the piece. I also have asked for a piece to brought back up for a auction, so I could buy it.
I have several expensive pieces, but one of my favorite is a piece that cost about 100 framed. It reminds me of my cruise adventures for very little money.

Just FYI, my son aced his college art class. He enjoyed going to the art auctions. Most of the time we buy nothing, but we find in an enjoyable hour in the air conditioner after sitting around the pool on sea days.
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Old June 23rd, 2007, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Jackie, Thanks for posting. I knew someone would have knowledge of what goes on.

I have been sitting here for the last several days thanking those who helped me along the way on our cruise. Those I had in mind are the individual companies I dealt with for the excursions. I have received a return e-mail from all of them, including one who said, no one ever thanked them.

Always remember your thank yous. It can make a difference in some one's life, and might even help with a promotion of someone.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 6th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Admiral

I had a request for this, so I thought I would bring it back to the front. Hope this helps with your planning.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 7th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Beginner

thank you so much LuAnne, I copied and pasted all the import info I thought my newlywedded daughter and SIL might enjoy and emailed it to her. You are a tremendous help