Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Beginner

Default Yacht Haven Grande

Can you walk from the cruise ship in St. Thomas to Yacht Haven Grande shopping area. Also, we are in port from 7:00 to 6:00, when should be get back to the ship?
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to visusie

The New Yacht Haven Grande is only about a 2 minute walk from the cruise ship dock where Carnival docks. I believe the ship sets sail at 5:00PM so you would have to be back on board by 4:30pm. Is this your first time to St.Thomas? First on Carnival Destiny?
Old June 6th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Beginner

Actually, we are on the Miracle, in St. Thomas from 7:00-6:00. Yes this is our first crusie, we can't wait.
Old June 6th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Passenger

Oh sorry, I thought you were going to be on the Destiny which comes here too. Actually there are several Carnival ships which dock here. I happen to live inSTT. Why were you specifically interest in YHG? (Just curious). It's really designed for the mega yachts.
Old June 6th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Beginner

I heard it was nice for shopping and eating, can you tell me a little about it. Thanks
Old June 6th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Passenger

It's VERY new so not much shopping there, yet. For shopping you may as well shop at the stores located on the cruise ship dock-It's the same prices (if not cheaper there), than the stores Downtown. As for eating, don't know why you'd want to pay and eat at one of the places at YHG. The food is nothing to really speak of. It's not like they specialize in local fare, if that's what you were looking for. It's so close to the ship, you may as well eat onboard and save some dollars.
Old June 6th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Beginner

Thanks for being so helpful So we are going on a tour for two hours at Magen's bay, than downtown for touring and shopping, we finish at 2:30 and it ends downtown. We were thinking of getting a cab from downtown back to the ship, how much would that cost for two people? I also heard about a mountain top or somthing like that near the cruise ship, can you tell me anything about that. Thanks again.
Old June 6th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Passenger

I *think* they charge $5.00 pp one way from DT to cruise ship. It may be higher now though, that was like 4 years ago. You can walk it in about 20 minutes walking at a regular stride (not fast and not slow). For the mountain top, you must be referring to The tram-ride and Paradise Point. It's only about a 5 minute walk from the cruise ship. It's a really nice tram way ride (kinda like a ski-lift) that takes you up to Paradise Point. It's a beautiful view from up there. Some nice shops and a couple of good places to eat or have a soda or try a mud-slide or frozen drink. Magens is a great beach in general. Voted one of the top 10 beaches in the world by National Geographic mag. If you just wanted to swim & soak up the sun- Magen's is good. For snorkeling, I would suggest Sapphire. Both beaches also have watersports things as well as restaurants, bars and shops.