Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Passenger

Default Chac Tun Cavern and Explora Beach - MEXICO

Can anyone give me more information about Chac Tun Cavern and Explora Beach? We are visiting these two places on our excursion and I can't find any info on either one.

We will be swimming at Chac Tun Cavern. Is the cenote something you can just walk into, or do we have to take a ladder up and down? I'm a bit nervous about the actual cave swimming part, so if anyone can give me info, please let me know.

Also, is Explora Beach nice? Where is it, is it clean, are there lockers, is it crowded etc?
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Chac Tun Cavern and Explora Beach - MEXICO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmass23
Can anyone give me more information about Chac Tun Cavern and Explora Beach? We are visiting these two places on our excursion and I can't find any info on either one.

We will be swimming at Chac Tun Cavern. Is the cenote something you can just walk into, or do we have to take a ladder up and down? I'm a bit nervous about the actual cave swimming part, so if anyone can give me info, please let me know.

Also, is Explora Beach nice? Where is it, is it clean, are there lockers, is it crowded etc?
Hi am trying to find info on Chac Tun myself- go to cruisefools.com as someone called Lori has posted info there which is useful-zak
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Passenger

Hey, I have not had my cruise yet but I would information on the caversn. That is what we chose as our excursion in Cozumel. I would also like to know hoe you get into the cavern. Is i a walkin or is there an elevator. I do tend to be somewhat claustrophabic, especially in small confined spaces like elevators.
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Passenger

I got back from my cruise a few weeks ago, so I can tell you all about the excursion! The caver is a walk in, and you have the option to jump into the water or take the stairs. Its COLD, even though they tell you otherwise. If you are clausterphobic, I'd say pass on this. Althogh it was the best excursion I've ever been on, you are in cold water, pitch black with only one flashlight, and sometimes to manuever your way through the tight spaces, you have to float flat on your back. Its a bit tricky but it can be done. I love it, but again, if you are afriad of small, dark places, this isn't for you.