Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:26 PM
First Mate

Default Help John Heald fulfill his dream

As anyone following John Heald's blog knows, his dream is to have Angelina Jolie serve as the Godmother of the Carnival Splendor.

Please give John your support by signing my petition at :

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/A...motheroftheCa/

Many thanks in advance to the fans of John Heald and Carnival Cruise Lines.

MTSFP
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
08/04 Smokefree Paradise (8 days due to Francis)
01/07 Carnival Liberty
11/07 Carnival Freedom Transatlantic
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

I think he would have a tremendous response if he gave away a couple of suites on the inaugural cruise!

Melody
Old June 9th, 2007, 01:19 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstill
I think he would have a tremendous response if he gave away a couple of suites on the inaugural cruise!

Melody
I am hoping for one of those suites myself for starting the petition.
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
01/07 Carnival Liberty
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old June 9th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Admiral

Well you and me....that makes two suites gone! I voted and left a comment!

Melody
Old June 10th, 2007, 04:59 AM
First Mate

Please keep these signatures coming
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
01/07 Carnival Liberty
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old June 10th, 2007, 11:05 AM
First Mate

BTW - I want to thank the members of this forum for their civility regarding this thread.

I posted the same thread over on CruiseCritic.com and I can not believe the lack of civility over there.

Rest assured that CruiseMates will be my forum for cruise matters and, as far as I am concerned, CruiseCritics can go without me.
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
01/07 Carnival Liberty
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old June 11th, 2007, 01:09 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

Would you kindly explain to me how I, and a bunch of my internet friends, got an email thanking me for signing this petition, when in fact I, nor they, never even opened the link?
Old June 11th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeteLI
Would you kindly explain to me how I, and a bunch of my internet friends, got an email thanking me for signing this petition, when in fact I, nor they, never even opened the link?
I got an email as well Mr Pete and I didn't participate. I think you, OP, are very despicable poster for taking liberties by adding anyone you happen to find out an email address for and voting for them. What a complete waste of bandwidth you are churning! Let me help you with this entire stupid thing. If I ever get another email from some anonymous Petition saying thanks for my vote. I will personally find someone to stalk you just for fun. Now, I won't be doing the stalking, I will hire some other brainless kid like yourself to do this for me. I am not pleased by you using my email address to boost your pathetic crusade, LOSER!

jc

PS sorry to the other members, but I thought you should be aware exactly what kind of troll this person is!
Old June 11th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpcdoojk
Quote:
I got an email as well Mr Pete and I didn't participate. I think you, OP, are very despicable poster for taking liberties by adding anyone you happen to find out an email address for and voting for them. What a complete waste of bandwidth you are churning! Let me help you with this entire stupid thing. If I ever get another email from some anonymous Petition saying thanks for my vote. I will personally find someone to stalk you just for fun. Now, I won't be doing the stalking, I will hire some other brainless kid like yourself to do this for me. I am not pleased by you using my email address to boost your pathetic crusade, LOSER!

jc

PS sorry to the other members, but I thought you should be aware exactly what kind of troll this person is!
Now wait a second. You can not convict without some kind of evidence.

This forum doesn't expose your email address so who ever signed you up would have had to get at it another way. Can you both explain how she might have gotten your addresses in a different manner? Carla
Old June 11th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by adias.angel
Quote:
Quote:

jc

This forum doesn't expose your email address so who ever signed you up would have had to get at it another way. Can you both explain how she might have gotten your addresses in a different manner? Carla
She/He got my email address at CruiseCritic when I responded to the thread, then she/he went to this stupid petition and used my email to increase the response for this stupid petition. If you allow your email address to be known I have no doubt that he/she/it will use it to bump the petition. I didn't sign this online petition and yet I got this email from I-petition. Therefore I think the OP is a pathetic excuse for a poster who committed fraud and is not quite right.

jc

Thank you for signing the "Angelina Jolie-Godmother of the Carnival
Splendor" petition at iPetitions.com website.
Your signature is valuable and makes a real difference. Please
encourage others to sign the petition as well. To do that, just forward the
text below to everyone who might be interested:

------- FORWARD THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS -------
Hi,

I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I
recently signed:

"Angelina Jolie-Godmother of the Carnival Splendor"
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/A...otheroftheCa?e

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage
you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes less than a minute of
your time.

Thanks!
---------------------------------------------

Once again, thanks for signing the petition!
Sincerely,
-iPetitions Campaigns Team

p.s. If you would like to start your own free petition, you can do so
here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/start-petition

---
UNSUBSCRIBE: This email is a one-time correspondence from iPetitions to
confirm your petition signature and you will not be contacted again by
iPetitions regarding this matter. You are not part of any iPetitions
mailing list and there is nothing to 'unsubscribe' from.

Did you receive this email in error? Sometimes people enter wrong email
addresses when they sign a petition. If this is the case, please send
us an email at support@ipetitions.com and explain the problem. Thank
you!
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:28 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adias.angel
Quote:
Quote:

jc

She/He got my email address at CruiseCritic when I responded to the thread, then she/he went to this stupid petition and used my email to increase the response for this stupid petition. If you allow your email address to be known I have no doubt that he/she/it will use it to bump the petition. I didn't sign this online petition and yet I got this email from I-petition. Therefore I think the OP is a pathetic excuse for a poster who committed fraud and is not quite right.

jc

Thank you for signing the "Angelina Jolie-Godmother of the Carnival
Splendor" petition at iPetitions.com website.
Your signature is valuable and makes a real difference. Please
encourage others to sign the petition as well. To do that, just forward the
text below to everyone who might be interested:

------- FORWARD THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS -------
Hi,

I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I
recently signed:

"Angelina Jolie-Godmother of the Carnival Splendor"
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/A...otheroftheCa?e

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage
you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes less than a minute of
your time.

Thanks!
---------------------------------------------

Once again, thanks for signing the petition!
Sincerely,
-iPetitions Campaigns Team

p.s. If you would like to start your own free petition, you can do so
here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/start-petition

---
UNSUBSCRIBE: This email is a one-time correspondence from iPetitions to
confirm your petition signature and you will not be contacted again by
iPetitions regarding this matter. You are not part of any iPetitions
mailing list and there is nothing to 'unsubscribe' from.

Did you receive this email in error? Sometimes people enter wrong email
addresses when they sign a petition. If this is the case, please send
us an email at support@ipetitions.com and explain the problem. Thank
you!
While I can certainly understand your anger regarding this issue, I did not, in any way, shape or form participate in this action. I can not tell you whomever it was that precipitated this action, but I am as disgusted with their action as you are.

I posted this thread on Cruise Critic and quickly discovered that the population over there thought my idea was, shall we say, not their cup of tea. Frankly, I was shocked with the vitriol displayed by what I thought was supposed to be a group of people that are regularly mentioned on Mr. Heald's blog.

Please accept my sincere apology that you were caught up in this misbehavior by someone whom I can not identify. I do not know how to access your email address on Cruise Critic, nor would I ever display my email address for the general public to be able to access.

I would suggest that you respond to the support@ipetitions.com address listed and request that your entry be removed from the petition.

Jon
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
01/07 Carnival Liberty
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old June 11th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Admiral

I signed the petition and I don't have a problem with my email. I thought the petition board automatically generated a "Thank You". Since I am such a kind, level-headed person, with a gracious demeanor, I accepted their thanks!

Melody
Old June 12th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Like I said that is all circumstantial evidence. Please don't accuse those without at least asking the person if they had done it. If you are very concerned you can contact the petition site and I am sure they can trace the user by IP.
Old June 12th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Passenger

Well someone did it, and since as the OP has stated most of the CC people didn't find it to be their cup of tea. Someone committed fraud and more importantly it was directed at me. I will remember you lack of intellectual concern over this matter, when someone tries to steal your identity.

I am sorry, but pretending to be someone else (me in particular and Mr Pete additionally) is wrong. If you want to condone this action, I find that to be sick. :evil:

Jon if you didn't do it, I am sorry for falsely accusing you, but I still think you did it. Since you can no more prove you didn't do it than I can that you did outside of very strong circumstantial evidence which is enough to convict in court I find this practice to be extremely irritating.

jc
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Jon if you didn't do it, I am sorry for falsely accusing you, but I still think you did it. Since you can no more prove you didn't do it than I can that you did outside of very strong circumstantial evidence which is enough to convict in court I find this practice to be extremely irritating.
The law says that a person is guilty until proven innocent. If I was on a jury your circumstantial evidence would not give me the 'beyond a reasonable doubt' I would need to find the person guilty.

In my profession I deal with security and identity theft every day. So do as I suggested and contact the petition site. You may have much bigger problems than someone signing your name to a petition. With the IP you can trace back through an ISP who did this.

I hope you find out and nothing beyond this petition has been done with your name. I wish you the best, Carla
Old June 12th, 2007, 01:26 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

Quote:
The law says that a person is guilty until proven innocent.
Now it looks like you got two things backwards.
Old June 12th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSFP
BTW - I want to thank the members of this forum for their civility regarding this thread.

I posted the same thread over on CruiseCritic.com and I can not believe the lack of civility over there.

Rest assured that CruiseMates will be my forum for cruise matters and, as far as I am concerned, CruiseCritics can go without me.
Nobody flamed you at CC. Some people had a problem with Jolie's morals and Heald's ego. You seem to be taking this petition too seriously.
Old June 12th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Quote:
The law says that a person is guilty until proven innocent.
Now it looks like you got two things backwards.
oops guess my hands were typing faster than my mind was working. I wanted to say innocent until proven guilty.
Old June 12th, 2007, 10:35 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Well someone did it, and since as the OP has stated most of the CC people didn't find it to be their cup of tea. Someone committed fraud and more importantly it was directed at me. I will remember you lack of intellectual concern over this matter, when someone tries to steal your identity.

I am sorry, but pretending to be someone else (me in particular and Mr Pete additionally) is wrong. If you want to condone this action, I find that to be sick. :evil:

jc
JC -

We are in agreement that is practice is not just irritating, but frankly abhorant.

For the record, I PM'd both Mr. Pete and you about this issue on this board. I also emailed LauraS at CruiseCritic, but I have not yet received a response.

BTW - what does the acronym OP stand for? Original Poster? I have not seen it before.
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
01/07 Carnival Liberty
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old June 12th, 2007, 10:36 PM
First Mate

[quote="Ljberkow"]
Quote:

Nobody flamed you at CC. Some people had a problem with Jolie's morals and Heald's ego. You seem to be taking this petition too seriously.[/quote

We will have to agree to disagree about this issue, since the thread appears to have been removed, even though others commented about posts prior to the removal of the thread.

C'est la vie. Lets just move on.
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
01/07 Carnival Liberty
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old June 13th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
BTW - what does the acronym OP stand for? Original Poster? I have not seen it before.
Yes it stands for Original Poster