Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Spirit Class ships VS Conquest Class

Can someone explain the different types of classes Carnival has?
What are the differences? Which have the different types of activities - like the RCCL liberty - wall, flowrider, etc.
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2007, 06:04 PM
First Mate

From Smallest to largest:

Holiday Class, 46,052 gross ton, 1452 passengers
Fantasy Class, 70,367 gross ton, 2056 passengers
Spirit Class, 85,900 gross ton, 2680 passengers
Destiny Class, 101,353 gross ton, 3360 passengers
Conquest Class, 110,000 gross ton, 2974 passengers
Splendor Class, 113,500 gross ton, 3006 passengers

There are no special activities like the Voyager class and Freedom class of RCCL have. Some of the ships have golf, but not all of them.

There isn't anything that really compares to those activities on RCCL's mega ships.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old June 12th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

I actually like the fantasy and spirit class the best. HOWEVER - I wish they would ALL have the big screens on the Lido deck!!!
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

WHich have the big screen?
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Admiral

The Liberty, the Freedom and now the Splendor I believe has it. Its totally awesome!
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Admiral

The only thing (that I can remember) that the Conquest class has over the Spirit class is fish m chips (and an outdoor screen on some Conquest ships).

Personally, my favorite is the Spiirt class. There are no levels that stop in mid ship...no dead ends. You have 99% of the amenities with 700 less people!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old June 14th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Admiral

I agree - and Fish and chips is nothing I cared for anyway. But, some people love it. They are building the ships bigger and bigger - but not necessary better. however I DO LOVE THE BIG SCREEN (can you tell).
Old June 15th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Admiral

I prefer the Spirit Class ships too,,,for many of the reasons stated above, and also because of the main pool area on the Conquest class. It's tiered, and I simply don't like it! Also, the aft pool area is nicer on the Spirit class IMO. Spirit class has the best of all worlds. 8)

Ken
Old June 16th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
I prefer the Spirit Class ships too,,,for many of the reasons stated above, and also because of the main pool area on the Conquest class. It's tiered, and I simply don't like it! Also, the aft pool area is nicer on the Spirit class IMO. Spirit class has the best of all worlds. 8)

Ken
I agree and don't forget the aft pool and hot tub is adults only on the Spirit Class, LOVE IT!! 8)
Old June 16th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Admiral

The Conquest class ( the Valor at least) does seem to ride smoother that the Spirit class( Legend). Other than that I liked the Legend a little better. "little" the appropriate pun 8) No... both are huge, but the Legend was not as huge. The layout was much simpler for one thing. One the Valor( Conquest) I dined in the aft dining room which is cut off by the galley so passenger flow is a problem. the Spirit class carries around 2000 guest while the Conquest carries around 3000, so getting lost in a crowd is a greater risk.
Don't get me wrong, I loved them both.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">
Old June 16th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
The Conquest class ( the Valor at least) does seem to ride smoother that the Spirit class( Legend). Other than that I liked the Legend a little better. "little" the appropriate pun 8) No... both are huge, but the Legend was not as huge. The layout was much simpler for one thing. One the Valor( Conquest) I dined in the aft dining room which is cut off by the galley so passenger flow is a problem. the Spirit class carries around 2000 guest while the Conquest carries around 3000, so getting lost in a crowd is a greater risk.
Don't get me wrong, I loved them both.
I've been on the Conquest, Glory & Liberty(Conquest Class) and the Legend, Pride & Miracle(Spirit Class) and must say I think the Spirit class is just about a perfect size. 8)
Old June 16th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Admiral

I agree -- I've been on the Spirit -- and all the Conquest ships you listed -- however I just wish they would put the big screen on the spirit classes now! Heck........ what am I complaining for -- ANY ship is better than a day at work!!!
Old June 17th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Admiral

We are trying (what I call) one of the "odd class ships" (Victory, Destiny and Truimph) in September. It should be interesting to see how it compares.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old June 19th, 2007, 06:18 AM
First Mate

i prefer the conquest over the spirit class. i love any cruise, but i have a few reasons why i like the conquest better. from my experience, the conquest class sails more smoothly than the spirit. the layout of the spirit in hallways where the cabins are is kind of annoying. it goes in and out because of the layout of where the lifeboats are placed on the sides of the ships. i know both ships are big, but it seemed that there was more going on at night on the conquest ships, maybe it was just my experience. i like the huge lido deck has many different levels on the conquest class.... its amazing. the one on the spirit class wasn't the same... also the waterslide is in a better position on the conquest class... i like how it was right next to one of the pools even though it didn't go right into a pool. one thing that i really like on the spirit class were the discos/nightclubs. all the spirit class ships have 2 story nightclubs... i've been on the miracle and more recently, the pride. for the miracle it was dr. frankensteins lab, and for the pride it was beauties. you walk in on the top floor of the disco and theres a large bar area, and sitting areas off to the side... in the middle is a cool circular staircase that winds down to the dance floor and more seating. also from the second level you can see the dance floor below. its amazing. the ones on the conquest class are awesome too, but only one story. oh and by the way, i love the fish and chips part of the buffet restaurant on the conquest class.

FUTURE CRUISES:
none booked =(

PAST CRUISES:
empress of the seas - baja mexico 10/94
sensation - western caribbean 8/02
carnival pride - mexico 8/03
carnival miracle - new york to the bahamas 8/04
carnival conquest - western caribbean 8/05
carnival valor - eastern caribbean 8/06
carnival pride - mexican riviera 4/07
carnival legend - western caribbean 8/07
carnival miracle - eastern caribbean 6/08