Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Passenger

Default Is there a Formal Night on a 3-night cruise?

I know, I know ... why would I ever book a 3-night cruise?!? I'm sure I'll be asking myself that very question as we pull into port on that final day; however, our schedules didn't permit a longer trip. And it's our first cruise, so we figured it would be nice to just get a "taste" of the cruising experience.

Anyway, can anyone tell me whether there's a Formal Night on a 3-night cruise? We're on the Sensation, sailing to Nassau.

Also, is there some sort of itinerary I should receive from my travel agent or Carnival with this sort of info? I have figured out how to use My Documents on Carnival.com, but I don't see any info about things like the formal night...

Sorry for asking such a basic question, but you all are quite helpful!

-Dack
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2007, 01:29 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

Answer: YES.
Past Cruises: Explorer of the Seas 2008 Explorer of the Seas 2007 Carnival Victory 2007 Explorer of the Seas 2006 Legend 2005 Miracle 2004 Disney Wonder 2004; Pride 2003 Legend 2002 Disney Wonder 2002 Destiny 2001 Victory 2000 Triumph 1999 Jubilee 1998 Imagination 1997 Imagination 1996 Fascination 1995 Ecstasy 1993 Fantasy 1990 Jubilee 1990 NCL Seaward 1989 Jubilee 1988
Old June 12th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeteLI
Answer: YES.
Thanks Pete. Any idea which night? The first? Second?
Old June 12th, 2007, 01:50 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

Usually the second night, which is also your first FULL day.
Old June 12th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Is there a Formal Night on a 3-night cruise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dack Janiels
I know, I know ... why would I ever book a 3-night cruise?!? I'm sure I'll be asking myself that very question as we pull into port on that final day; however, our schedules didn't permit a longer trip. And it's our first cruise, so we figured it would be nice to just get a "taste" of the cruising experience.

-Dack
My sister and I did the same thing, I figured we'd start off small and work our way up. Just in case the cruise didn't sit well with us.
By the way, I haven't been on yet, but I'm ready to book my next cruise.
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old June 12th, 2007, 08:00 PM
kookylabooka

I went on the same ship and itinerary last November from Port Canaveral,FL. The second night was the formal dinner and the information will be in the Carnival Capers which you will receive every day.
Old June 12th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookylabooka
I went on the same ship and itinerary last November from Port Canaveral,FL. The second night was the formal dinner and the information will be in the Carnival Capers which you will receive every day.
Great ... thanks for the info. How'd you enjoy the cruise? Did you like the Sensation? Was Nassau a good time? Any tips for a first-timer?

Thanks again.