CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Is There a Walmart or = On the Way From Orlando To the Port? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/334697-there-walmart-way-orlando-port.html)

linuxpm June 13th, 2007 11:25 AM

Is There a Walmart or = On the Way From Orlando To the Port?

I am going to fly to Orlando on Saturday for a Sunday Cruise. I am going to Downtown Disney on Saturday night to look around and to eat at the Rain forest cafe.

I have breakfast reservations at the Polynesian Resort at 9:30 AM. I figure I will be on the road about 10:30 getting to the port about 11:30ish.

My plan was to not to bother bringing on the plane shampoo and soap etc. I want to stop at something like a Walmart on the way to the Port on Sunday morning to buy some soda, shampoo, soap, etc...

Anyone know of a Walmart along the way?

Thanks,

Brian

nurseypoo5 June 13th, 2007 11:33 AM

im being kinda nosey but you say your eating a the poly for breakfast (and ofcourse you have a resie cause its usually booked) where are you going? is it the Kona? You know its a character breakfast right? Often they can take longer than an hour. Just heads up, esp on a Sunday..

as for walmart...near the disney resort...i can not remember, but i'm sure there is...i do knwo there are places like walgreens etc just across the street.

have a fun trip :) i love disney...

linuxpm June 13th, 2007 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
im being kinda nosey but you say your eating a the poly for breakfast (and ofcourse you have a resie cause its usually booked) where are you going? is it the Kona? You know its a character breakfast right? Often they can take longer than an hour. Just heads up, esp on a Sunday..

I made all my Disney reservations months ago. I have every dinner and breakfast booked. Yes - We are going to the Kona character breakfast. My son is past the characters, but I like the buffet. We are also going to the Liberty Tree Inn, the restaurant in Germany, and MGM's Hollywood and Vine (I have the fantasmic Dinner Package).

Even if it takes to around 11:00 I would still be at the boat around 12:00 / 12:15 at the latest.

Think I have enough time?

kennedy June 13th, 2007 11:50 AM

funny you should ask, I just looked this up yesterday. It was in Merritt which is about 5 miles from the Radison at the Port. We go the next week and need to make a stop at Walmart also. Have fun. Don't break the ship:) We are right behind you.

rosetattoo June 13th, 2007 02:03 PM

Brian, can you stop at a store on Saturday night before or after you go to Downtown Disney? If you are looking specifically for a Wal-Mart, there is one 10 minutes drive from Downtown Disney on Vineland Road. They are open 24 hrs. If you would like directions, let me know.

Michelle1959 June 13th, 2007 02:43 PM

good idea Brian,

I also may leae shampoo at home and found there's a walmart 4 miles from the hotel near the Orlando Airport we'll be staying at the night before (and after) my July 29th cruise - so I plan to check into our room, have them get me a cab and go to walmart for some essentials - this way we can travel only with 2 carryons and my purse, without worrying much about 3 oz containers. Anything extra, I'll leave at the hotel before our flight home.

linuxpm June 13th, 2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosetattoo
Brian, can you stop at a store on Saturday night before or after you go to Downtown Disney? If you are looking specifically for a Wal-Mart, there is one 10 minutes drive from Downtown Disney on Vineland Road. They are open 24 hrs. If you would like directions, let me know.

That would work for me.

Can you send me the directions? It doesn't have to be a walmart, but I didn't want to pay tourist rates at the hotel.

Thanks,

Brian

AlaskanGrown June 13th, 2007 07:03 PM

I know there is a Target in Port Canaveral about 10 minutes from the ships.

OzzyMom June 13th, 2007 07:20 PM

Just curious - - how far is Downtown Disney from the Port? We are getting into Orlando around 11:00 AM on Saturday and we are staying at the Country Inn and Suites the night before the cruise. If Downtown Disney isn't too far, we could venture there for a short day trip.

Thanks for your advice.

Sara (OzzyMom)

rosetattoo June 13th, 2007 08:24 PM

Don't know which parking lot you will be in at Downtown Disney, but when you exit you will be on Buena Vista Drive, turn left and proceed to Hotel Plaza Blvd. (Hilton Hotel on the corner and right across from Disney bus depot). Turn right on Hotel Plaza Blvd. and continue to Apopka-Vineland Road (535) and take a right at the light. If you take a left at this light, there is a Walgreens maybe 1 mile due north. To go to Wal-Mart, travel on 535 south (turns into Vineland Road) towards Osceola Pkwy. You will pass under I-4 and thru light for International Drive. Wal-Mart will be on your right just prior to Osceola Pkwy. (toll road that goes east-west). Don't know what hotel you are staying at but you can re-trace your route back to Downtown Disney to return to your hotel. The store is maybe 15 minutes from Downtown Disney (depending on traffic). Should you need it, their phone number is 407-397-1125.

Downtown Disney is approximately 45-55 minutes from Port Canaveral (depending on time of day and traffic).

CA Cruiser June 13th, 2007 08:54 PM

There is a Target and Wal-Mart on Merritt Island. Wal-Mart is the closest, just down the 520 (Merritt Island Causeway) right after you hit MI on the right. Target is a little further down 520, right on N Courteney Pkwy about 2 miles (pass my ole alma mater, MI High on Mustang Way) then left on Crocket Blvd.

Gray_1959 June 13th, 2007 11:02 PM

OzzyMom,

Downtown Disney is about 1 hour from Port Canaveral, however it (Downtown Disney) is only about 15 minutes from the Orlando Airport. I'm not sure whether you meant that you are staying at the Country Inn and Suites in Cape Canaveral, or the one near the Airport in Orlando (there is also another one really close to Downtown Disney that I have stayed at, though not for a cruise). If you are staying near the Airport and travelling to Port Canaveral on Sunday, you would have time for a day/evening trip to DD. If you are staying in Cape Canaveral, you could always make a quick visit to DD in the afternoon.

linuxpm June 14th, 2007 06:40 AM

Thanks for the directions. I think the Walmart in Cocoa looks like the best for me.

Brian

ClevelandRocks June 14th, 2007 08:07 AM

There's also a Walmart in Titusville right off the freeway. You'll be driving right past, just exit and turn right. But, the items you mentioned should be provided free on the ship. When we sailed Sensation, they had a basket in the bathroom full of toiletries. The newer ships like Glory have dispensers mounted in the shower w/soap, shampoo, + conditioner in addition to the basket of freebies. Sensation may also now since it's been dry-docked after we sailed. And if you run late and can't stop, the ship's store has everything you need.

linuxpm June 14th, 2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandRocks
There's also a Walmart in Titusville right off the freeway. You'll be driving right past, just exit and turn right. But, the items you mentioned should be provided free on the ship. When we sailed Sensation, they had a basket in the bathroom full of toiletries. The newer ships like Glory have dispensers mounted in the shower w/soap, shampoo, + conditioner in addition to the basket of freebies. Sensation may also now since it's been dry-docked after we sailed. And if you run late and can't stop, the ship's store has everything you need.

I got some picky women traveling with me. I am sure the shampoo in the wall won't work for them.

Thanks for your help.

Brian

ClevelandRocks June 14th, 2007 09:16 PM

I got some picky women traveling with me. I am sure the shampoo in the wall won't work for them.

Oh well, I'm at the age where I'm beginnin to dislike people with hair anyway. :-?

Abaco Angie June 15th, 2007 02:40 PM

Wal Mart right off the Beeline

There is a Wal Mart in Cocoa, right off the Beeline (Rte. 528). Once you go over I-95, it's the next exit. Industry Road, I think. Once you get off the exit, veer right, at the light make a left, and it is straight ahead. Very easy on and off the Beeline.