Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Passenger

Default class reunion surprise

My wife and I and our kids are booked on the Victory out of Charleston on the 16th of Oct. Happened to be reading the newspaper a few minutes ago and came across a high school reunion notice... seems my high school class is having our 30 year reunion the same time as i am on the cruise.....bummer right? NOT! Would you believe the reunion is going to be held on the Victory the same time as i will be cruising. How is that for luck, I will be cruising with my old classmates. Now this ought to be an awesome reunion.
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Passenger

Default awesome

WOW!
Enjoy....sounds like a great time

Sherri
Old June 15th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Outstanding! I've tried to get my high school classmates to have a reunion aboard ship, but they're afraid someone will get sick, or someone will get bored, or someone might not get something to eat. A bunch of old fuddy-duddys in my opinion. Anyway, I've gotten some of the "more fun" people from my class to cruise, and they love it. You're lucky to have such a "hip" class.

Ken
Old June 15th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Admiral

my 30-year high school renion is being held on Sat. July 28th, the night I'll be arriving in Florida for my Sunday departure on the Sensation. Too bad, I'll have to catch them at the 35!

A reunion on a cruise sounds great, as long as those you've remained friends with are also going along!
Old June 15th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
Outstanding! I've tried to get my high school classmates to have a reunion aboard ship, but they're afraid someone will get sick, or someone will get bored, or someone might not get something to eat. A bunch of old fuddy-duddys in my opinion. Anyway, I've gotten some of the "more fun" people from my class to cruise, and they love it. You're lucky to have such a "hip" class.

Ken
Ken I tried to do that same thing, but my group was worried about the price. So I suggested a picnic and classmates could bring thier family it would be less expensive. They didn't like that idea, instead they are doing it in Berkeley at a hotel for $87 a person to dress up and dance. I might have gone if it were on a cruise or picnic on well there is always the 25 reunion.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 16th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I am coming up to my 20th year since I finished high school and I am still waiting for the 10 year reunion...ya, someone forgot to plan it...go figure...No 15 year either.

It would be so awesome to have a reunion cruise, alas, since I live in Western Canada, it'd be expensive. I don't think it would be too much of a problem for many of the students I went to school with because a fair number of students got new cars for graduation gifts--one even got a brand new Porsche 911. I, on the other hand, got a stereo system that costed $700.....ya, sucked, but it was/is a damn nice stereo still (I still have/use the turntable/record player, amplifier, and radio. Cassette deck died and CD player was old....

Then again, why would I want to goto my high school reunion when even five years after graduating I was still talking to only ONE of my high school friends.....and that one drifted away too.....