Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default Xcaret and Cozumel

Has anyone been to Xcaret? Its part of the cozumel excursion list now I see and we will be going in September and January. What is Xcaret like? Is it worth the $$ to get in? What other expenses are involved? Any info would be helpful! Thanks!!
Old June 16th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Cheryl,

Xcaret was worth every penny for us. We just got back from our cruise on Thursday. Will have some pictures to share and a review before long.

As for Ecaret... I wish we had two full days there!

Andy
Old June 16th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Cool!! Can you send the pics when you can??? Thanks!!! What extra expense is there once you get in Xcaret??
Old June 16th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Passenger

Default Xcaret

Hello Cheryl,

My girlfriend and I spent the entire day at Xcaret last year during a land based vacation on the Mexican Riviera. It was quite fun. There is a buffet that you can pay to enjoy. I don't remember how much because it was included in our all-inclusive tickets. Xcaret has some interesting animal exibits and a very cool, natural-esque layout. The place is huge and it is almost impossible to see everything. You can pay to rent snorkel equipment and then snorkel through the underground caves that wind throuhout the park. However, its not as cool as it sounds. In fact, we attended the park on a Saturday last year and the caves were soooo crowded that we hopped out at the first exit point and decided to simply enjoy the exibits and shows. Drinks (water/pop) in the park cost $1 each last year. I'm not sure how much they are now. There is a large gift shop with some neat souvenirs. Other than that, I can't think of any other expenses.

Overall, a very fun time. There is a great horse riding show if you can catch it. Some awesome history exibits and a wonderful night show that is very colorful, full of music, dance, and history. However, you probably will not be able to catch the grand finally show during a cruise ship excursion, but I could be wrong.

James

Old June 16th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Admiral

The underground caves do sound nice! Maybe since we will be there on a weekday it wouldn't be so bad?? Hope not! It cost us 89.00 per person - is that what you pay? Oh thats right, you had a different deal. I am one that I don't eat on the islands -- I figured i paid for it on the ship - so I wait until I get back. I may have a bag of chips or something to hold me off - but won't spend a lot of $$ on food on the islands. Thanks for the info! We won't be there for the night show. The excursion, if we decide to go, is from 8am - 3pm something like that. Its 7 hrs long - which includes travel time. I have been to cozumel many times and usually end up at chankaubab. Thanks for the info!!
Old June 16th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Passenger

Default Xcaret

I think that we paid $75 pp in Mexico for the all day/all inclusive tickets. That included the buffet and the evening show.

Remember... Xcaret is BIG. You will walk ALOT. You will need some hydration and possibly some snacks. It will probably take you around an hour to get there and an hour to get back. So that will give you about five hours to explore this large Eco-park. I recommend picking up a map at the entrance and then making a plan.

The walking and the heat may not be as bad as I remember. When I did visit the park, I had a VERY bad sunburn and we were in the park from 9:00 am till 10:00 pm (watching the finally). None the less, I still had a good time. I just had to find shade when possible.

There is alot to see and you should have a good time. Have fun!

James
Old July 6th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Passenger

I too am trying to make a decision about this excursion. I have been told that from Cozumel, you only get to spend about 4 hours at the park. That makes for a very expensive excursion for that length of time. Ours is $89 also and there are 7 of us. To the people who have done this, do you think it is worth it for that short of time?
Old July 7th, 2007, 02:49 AM
cozumelcruising

Xcaret is s truly unique natural park and. Absolutely worth visiting. Make sure your ship has enough time in port and is not late so you will have as a ship excursion between 4 and 5 hours in the park. Take cash for food, there are several restaurants throughout the area...also an easy excursion to do on your own wheneveR enough time in Cozumel. Good luck!
Old July 7th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the help with this!
Old July 7th, 2007, 03:31 PM
First Mate

I was really glad to see this question answered because I have looked at the xcaret web site and it was kind of confusing to me what all you got to do for the admission price and I was wondering also if it would be worth the steep admission price. We will be cruising New years eve so maybe the weather won't be quite as bad (hot) that time of year.
Dewayne & Priscilla

Free Cruise Clocks
Old July 8th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Admiral

May I also add that I would only do this excursion through the ship.

We are not ship excursion people, but this excursion includes leaving the island (45 minute ferry ride one way) driving and then the tour and then back again.

I know ship excursions cost more, but this tour has been late all three times we have been on a cruise to Cozumel since October. ( One time it was an hour late and of course, the ship waited. )

Have a great time!!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old July 8th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Good point -- I looked on the site and it is about 55.00 or so to get in - so the rest of the $$ goes to transportion adding to about 15.00 each way pp. Not bad I would think for the safe arrival to and from.
I would think 5 hours in the park would be enough for a days activities??? I hope so because I think we are going to do it too.