Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2007, 09:14 PM
First Mate

Default LONG BAY OR TURNERS BEACH IN ANTIGUA?????

I booked a tour with Lawrence of Antigua today and I asked him which beach he will take us to and he said either Long Bay or Turners beach. So, know I am asking you guys, which beach do you prefer and think is better and why?

Tweetybird
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Admiral

I didn't do Long Bay but I did go to Turners Point Beach. It was a nice quiet beach with moderate waves. There is a small restaurant. There are lounge chairs to rent for $5. It was very hot the day I was there and the sand was scorching.

There is also a beach on Antigua named "Jolly _____" which is attached to resort with all of the water toys to rent.

I wasn't impressed with Antigua but the water is very clear and warm so the beach experience was great. Don't forget your sunblock b/c it is very hot!!!

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old June 18th, 2007, 12:21 PM
First Mate

Thanks IB Cruzin for the info. Did you take a tour or did you just go to the beach? I already have my sunscreen packed and going to get more. I burn very easily, so I have to be careful.
Old June 18th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Admiral

We took somewhat of a tour. I don't think we saw too much that was interesting. Antigua is not one of the prettiest islands I have ever visited and there did not seem to be much to see.

If you burn easily, get to Turner Point Beach early (before 1 p.m.) so that you can get one of the mini pavillions that offer some shade from the unrelenting sun. If you burn easily, get some high numbered sunblock for Antigua. It is that hot.

When I was there, I pulled my lounge chair down to the water's edge so that the waves could cool me down. It was way cool. This beach kind of reminds me of the beach in the Corona commerical. Very deserted, tranquil -- not much there at all but really dreamlike. Just you, sand, water and a lounge chair.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old June 18th, 2007, 04:19 PM
First Mate

I B CRUZIN:
THAT SOUNDS REALLY RELAXING AND PRETTY. EVERY TIME I SEE THE CORONA COMMERCIAL I SAY TO MYSELF I WISH I WAS THERE RIGHT NOW, IT LOOKS REALLY NICE.

WHAT MONTH DID YOU TAKE YOUR CRUISE? WAS IT JULY OR AUGUST, THAT IT WAS SO HOT? WE ARE GOING IN JULY.

TWEETYBIRD
Old June 18th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird
I B CRUZIN:
THAT SOUNDS REALLY RELAXING AND PRETTY. EVERY TIME I SEE THE CORONA COMMERCIAL I SAY TO MYSELF I WISH I WAS THERE RIGHT NOW, IT LOOKS REALLY NICE.

WHAT MONTH DID YOU TAKE YOUR CRUISE? WAS IT JULY OR AUGUST, THAT IT WAS SO HOT? WE ARE GOING IN JULY.

TWEETYBIRD
Yes, layingin the lounge chair in the water and when I looked around it did remind me of the Corona commercial. Nice.

I was on the 05/26/07 Liberty which got to Antigua on May 30th or so. I don't know if it was that the temperature was so hot but b/c there is no pollution to filter the sun and there was not a cloud in the sky, you get it full blast. My guess was that it was in the mid to upper 80's. Hot but not unbearable until you tried to walk on the sand barefoot. :o :o Hahahahahahaha

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes