Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Why on Carnivals website do they NOT show the prices of a...

Balcony Suite? I am cruising Fantasy, out of New Orleans and I want to be able to check my prices from time to time and everytime I check there is nothing listed. They only have the IS and OV's listed. How are you guys checking your prices for Balcony Suites? And why dont they list them on the site like everything else?

Thanks,
Danielle
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Admiral

Start the process of booking a cabin..balcony pricing will become available
Old June 27th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

?? I've already booked. I mean it is showing nothing online. Dp you mean when it gets closer to my sailing date maybe??

Danielle
Old June 27th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Captain

Since there are very few balcony suites on a Fantasy-class ship, I'd guess there are no more balcony suites available for your particular cruise date.
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old June 27th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Admiral

If your category is not coming up, that means that there are no cabins available in your category left. There are very few balconies on the older ships and they sell out fast.

Do you have a guarantee? If so, your reservation is probably holding the only available balcony.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old June 27th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

ooo, good point. I already have my room # so I guess I have an assigned. I guess there is no need to price check then if they are all gone, lol..

Thanks,

Danielle
Old June 27th, 2007, 01:23 PM
First Mate

Have you tried pretending you are booking it for the first time to see what comes up? You might have to log out of the site first.
Old June 27th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBXX
ooo, good point. I already have my room # so I guess I have an assigned. I guess there is no need to price check then if they are all gone, lol..

Thanks,

Danielle
Two things. . . .

One, people cancel at the last minute. Those are the cabins that go for Fire Sale prices. Carnival has already been paid for the cabin and anything they re-sell it for is just gravy.

If you are checking Carnival under your Carnival account (auto sign-in), you may not be able to see the real prices. Carnival is well aware that people tend to look for price reductions and has not made it just a bit harder to go through the motions of booking a cruise they already have a reservation on. You may get an error message. If this happens, just check the price on expedia.com or kayak.com.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)