Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2007, 10:01 PM
First Mate

Default Nobody who used a tour guide in Barbados???

There is nobody out there who can give me a tour guide for Barbados?

I know IB CRUZIN told me to go to Boatyard Beach, which we are definetly going to do, but we also want to tour the island of Barbados, since my family and I have never been there.

There is nobody on this message board who has been to Barbados and used a tour guide other than Carnival? Ok, then if not and you used Carnival to book your excursion, what excursion did you book?

Please help, because we are leaving on July 15.

Thanks
Tweetybird
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

The last I heard, Harrison's caves were closed for some work, but if its open, you can always take a cab there, get a nice ride through the island and end at the beach. The caves were really interesting and worth seeing.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 29th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Passenger

We have been to Barbados many times. The best thing we have found is to hire a taxi for a tour. The best thing about Barbados is the town center. Plenty of shopping. When we hire a taxi we ask him to take us to a great place for lunch. It was many years ago, but he was able to get us in the Royal Pavillion hotel for a fantastic lunch and use of the beach. If you can get to this hotel you won't be dissapointed. Good luck.
Old June 29th, 2007, 11:44 AM
First Mate

"The best thing about Barbados is the town center"

When we went last year, i thought the town center was a dump. Toomany pan handlers and the feeling of having to watch my back.
Fascination 7/07

Old June 29th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Passenger

You"re right. I think I got carried away, but take away the town, Harrison's cave and what do you have, nothing else but the beautiful hotels like the Royal Pavillion.
Old July 1st, 2007, 01:54 AM
Passenger

Tweety,

If your still interested in a tour guide try glorytours.org .... They offer several different tours and are used to dealing with cruisers on the Destiny and its schedule while at Bridgetown.......
Old July 1st, 2007, 02:04 AM
Passenger

By the way we did the Explore and Discover Barbados Tour.... got to see a great deal of the island and got to snorkle with the turtles also... woo hoo .... If you e-mail Sarah tell her I said hello....

Joey
Old July 2nd, 2007, 01:35 PM
First Mate

Hi Joey,

I will look her up. The tour that you took sounds interesting and fun. Thanks for the information and I will let you know. I will tell her that you said hello.

Tweetybird
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Beginner

I was in Barbados on the Destiny 5/06. My girl friends and I all went on the FIVE STAR CATAMARAN &TURTLE ENCOUNTER through the ship. I HIGHLY recommend this excursion for the whole family. The ship and crew were wonderful, and the food (breakfast and lunch) was great! There were many families on the trip with children of all ages and everyone had a great time. Personally I loved being able to lay on the net across the hulls, under the sails, and let the surf gently splash through to cool me off. This was my first time snorkling and the crew was very helpful getting me started. The reefs were full of fish, big and small - no trouble finding something interesting to watch. On the turtle stop, the crew jumped in with bait and the turtles seemed to appear out of nowhere. There were 15-20 large turtles swimming in the water right next to you - pretty amazing. One of the turtles managed to nab the bait bag from the crew member, and it was hilarious watching him chase the turtle to get it back. I'd do this again in a heartbeat! As we got off the cat, I only half jokingly asked the crew if they were hiring.
Sandy