Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Default question about ship activities schedule

Do they have the same activities every day, so that if someone missed them one day they can do them the following day? Like bingo, other Lido deck games, etc.

Do they have basketball for anyone to play any time or do they arrange matches with people based on age/gender?

Do they have certain hours in the pool set aside just for adults, as well as just for kids? I have a damaged nerve in my leg and have to always make sure no one bumps into it so obviously I can't get into a pool filled with jumping screaming kids who might accidentally kick or even just touch my leg.

As far as night activities - do they have the same comedian every night, at the same time, so you can see that peson one night, go to a musical the other night, etc?
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: question about ship activities schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959
Do they have the same activities every day, so that if someone missed them one day they can do them the following day? Like bingo, other Lido deck games, etc. -- They will vary from day to day, although they will have some on several different days, like bingo.

Do they have basketball for anyone to play any time or do they arrange matches with people based on age/gender? -- Best as I recall, they may plan 1 game, but other times it is open play.

Do they have certain hours in the pool set aside just for adults, as well as just for kids? I have a damaged nerve in my leg and have to always make sure no one bumps into it so obviously I can't get into a pool filled with jumping screaming kids who might accidentally kick or even just touch my leg. -- the pool is open to all, but you can probably find one that is less crowded than the main one.

As far as night activities - do they have the same comedian every night, at the same time, so you can see that peson one night, go to a musical the other night, etc? -- the evening show will be different each night, with usually 2 shows. This allows both early and late dinner seatings to see them.
Hope this helps, a little.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:28 PM
Admiral

They generally schedule bingo games throughout the week (big moneymaker for the cruiselines). The games on the Lido deck change from day to day so if you're interested in watching the ice carving demonstration, men's hairy chest contest, etc., these are only held once.

Can't help you with your question about basketball, I was under the impression it was all pick-up games but I could be wrong.

The pools are open at all times for children AND adults. I don't go near them, they're so small the only thing you can do is stand in them and get wet when they are crowded, forget about laps or actually swimming. They do have an adults only hot tub(s) but children are in there all the time and it takes a vigilant staff to keep them out. I found parents sorely lacking in setting ground rules for their children on a cruise ship.

Entertainment changes nightly in the main show room. A comedian who performs one night might possibly do another X rated performance at midnight in another lounge but you won't see him again after that.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Thanks everyone, I have a better idea of what to expect now.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:41 AM
Admiral

My experience wth the pools are that the best time to enjoy nearly kid-free pool fun is from around 3:00 or 4:00 p.m. on. By then most of the kids have already enjoyed the pool and are out of the sun, the families with young children usually have early seating dinner and are getting ready for dinner.

I have found the pools mostly empty, especially the aft pool in the back. It is enjoyable at that time.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)